What's new

Phosphoric Acid as Stabilizer for Fish Hydrolizate

Grapefruitroop

Hi all!
Does anyone knows the proportion to add phosphoric acid as preservative in fish hydrolizate?
Last batch i made got a little moldy on top and the smell changed too...now i have some acid layn around i was thinking to add it.
Read it somewhere before but cant find the info now!
Thanks!!

Grapefruitroop

Thank you sir!:groupwave:
Mmm ill try to get some ph paper strips...its prolly too dense to use the drops and def too nasty to stick my bluelab in it lol!!

Vandenberg

I understand that commercial and homemade fresh fish carcass hydrosylate that is immediately stabilized to 3-ish PH with phosphoric acid along with Sugar source and that is allowed to ferment and do its enzyme thing and will be ready in a couple, few months.
Correct PH if necessary as the biologically decomposing fishbones calcium may raise the PH over a period of time.
The low ph It keeps it from stanking nearly as much as lower quality manufactured commercial Fish Emulsion tends to.
​​​​
I understand that some have attempted to use sulphuric ​​acid as an alternative acid in this process/recipe which caused excessive offgassing in the resultant concoction, exploding a warehouse full of 275 gallon (UBC) universal Bulk storage containers awaiting shipment, a sight and a smell never to be forgotten.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts