What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Moroccan Beldia

Midbio

This Past summer I grew out just one plant from my Beldia Fem pack from Ace.

I did it as a sort of set it and forget it type of thing as an experiment and it certainly lives up to its description. These will live and thrive and produce well with only rainwater and native soil. Granted, the native soil it was in was a river floodplain which is very nutrient dense to begin with. Super early flowering, I harvested her early August.

Very happy with the results, the smell is woody, spicy, incense with a sort of sharpness in the background, unlike any type of modern hybrid but very reminiscent of some of the commercial Mexican I used to get in the early 2000's. The effect of the Beldia flower is great, unlike anything I've had previously. It feels like you just had a cup of strong coffee but withought feeling jittery, after about 20 min of that it settles into a sort of dreamy introspective feeling. really cool and really unique effects.

as this was a guerilla grow I don't have any pics of the live plant but here is a pic of my last little bud I have left of it.

Attachments

• 9DA852AA-3648-4933-9D86-B3A28E58ED47.jpg
    9DA852AA-3648-4933-9D86-B3A28E58ED47.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 99

Midbio

I agree, I’ve got 6 left so next time I’m going to pop all of them.

My plan with the Beldia is to find a good haze make that I can hit the Beldia with in hopes to bring the flower time down withought having to introduce any “ indica “

Parameter

This Past summer I grew out just one plant from my Beldia Fem pack from Ace.

I did it as a sort of set it and forget it type of thing as an experiment and it certainly lives up to its description. These will live and thrive and produce well with only rainwater and native soil. Granted, the native soil it was in was a river floodplain which is very nutrient dense to begin with. Super early flowering, I harvested her early August.

Very happy with the results, the smell is woody, spicy, incense with a sort of sharpness in the background, unlike any type of modern hybrid but very reminiscent of some of the commercial Mexican I used to get in the early 2000's. The effect of the Beldia flower is great, unlike anything I've had previously. It feels like you just had a cup of strong coffee but withought feeling jittery, after about 20 min of that it settles into a sort of dreamy introspective feeling. really cool and really unique effects.

as this was a guerilla grow I don't have any pics of the live plant but here is a pic of my last little bud I have left of it.

Beldia is a true guerrilla strain. No need to water and no nutes. Moroccan farmers use to plant beldia far away from their house and the hybrids near their house. Because the beldia is living it’s own life without any kind of attention. I would want to see some crosses with Bildia. That would be interesting. Beldia in Arabic means the hometown, village town or just village. That says a lot about the strain. It’s been cultivated for at least 1000 years in a dry and arid area. They sow them in February and mars and harvest in July to August. My grandfather used to plant this strain before the government banned cannabis cultivation in his area.
It’s not the most powerful strain but it does the work. I’m glad that more people have found this wonderful landrace strain.

Hempy McNoodle

Interesting Midbio. I wonder how it compares to Sinai (Egyptian Landrace). So, to do a guerrilla grow like that, can one just plant seeds and walk away or do you germinate them first?? What is the planting strategy? Cause I'm thinking about trying this with my Sinai seeds.

Rembetis

Interesting Midbio. I wonder how it compares to Sinai (Egyptian Landrace). So, to do a guerrilla grow like that, can one just plant seeds and walk away or do you germinate them first?? What is the planting strategy? Cause I'm thinking about trying this with my Sinai seeds.

I grew the Ace Lebanese and Sinai side by side and without labels you would be hard pressed to tell them apart. I think Beldia, Sinai, Sudan Bango and Leb must all be related. Syrian too since Lebanon was once part of Syria. I have those too but havent had time to grow them out yet and see what they have to offer.

Midbio

Because I was only putting out one plant for this experiment I started the seedling in a solo cup and when it was about 2 weeks old I put it out to its guerrilla site and left it as is until harvest. If I had a lot of seeds of the Beldia to run I would have probably just sowed the seeds directly in the native soil with the understanding that some seedlings might get eaten but a lot would survive.

Sinai seems really interesting too, and probably related to Beldia. Im trying to source some of that as well.

Midbio

Beldia is a true guerrilla strain. No need to water and no nutes. Moroccan farmers use to plant beldia far away from their house and the hybrids near their house. Because the beldia is living it’s own life without any kind of attention. I would want to see some crosses with Bildia. That would be interesting. Beldia in Arabic means the hometown, village town or just village. That says a lot about the strain. It’s been cultivated for at least 1000 years in a dry and arid area. They sow them in February and mars and harvest in July to August. My grandfather used to plant this strain before the government banned cannabis cultivation in his area.
It’s not the most powerful strain but it does the work. I’m glad that more people have found this wonderful landrace strain.

Thank you for the info Parameter. After seeing the Beldia here in my climate I would be very interested to see how it looks in its native area. We have hot summers but certainly not dry, in fact most years it can be as humid as the tropics. After learning more about this strain I think that before I cross it with anything I will grab another standard pack from Ace and do an open pollination just to have a good seed supply of the Beldia in its pure form. It became a favorite of mine and can't wait to grow some more out just to have some more to smoke

Parameter

I grew the Ace Lebanese and Sinai side by side and without labels you would be hard pressed to tell them apart. I think Beldia, Sinai, Sudan Bango and Leb must all be related. Syrian too since Lebanon was once part of Syria. I have those too but havent had time to grow them out yet and see what they have to offer.

Beldia and Leb is not related. Beldia has a distinctive smell and it rarely grows any side branches, just one main branch. I’ve never grown Ace beldia strain so I can’t say anything about it. Beldia never ever have purple phenos which the leb sometime have. They are two totally different landrace strains.
The beldia is grown as SOG and may the fittest of the fittest survive. 1kg of fully seeded beldia weed costs 200 Moroccan dirham in the mountain. That’s approximately 20 euro or 22 USD.
The beldia weed is cleaned and chopped, and smoked in long pipes by the older people. Making hash (dry sieving) is a relatively new invention that I think the hippies thought Moroccans in the 60ies.

Parameter

I have a couple of hundred beldia seeds from chefchaoune that I will try out this year with a guerrilla set up.

Rembetis

Beldia and Leb is not related. Beldia has a distinctive smell and it rarely grows any side branches, just one main branch. I’ve never grown Ace beldia strain so I can’t say anything about it. Beldia never ever have purple phenos which the leb sometime have. They are two totally different landrace strains.

Isnt the lack of branching due to the high density planting? Someone in the Ace forum was trying to tell Dubi he didnt have the real deal because his Beldia has side branches. Most strains will grow like a stick if crowded. Its a response to crowding rather than strain specific behavior

Parameter

Isnt the lack of branching due to the high density planting? Someone in the Ace forum was trying to tell Dubi he didnt have the real deal because his Beldia has side branches. Most strains will grow like a stick if crowded. Its a response to crowding rather than strain specific behavior
I’ve never seen a Christmas tree beldia. Just a sea of single stem with minimal side branches. But it maybe branches when you give it maximal attention with nutes, water and space. I don’t know. The one that I think looks most like a typical beldia is the one Khalifa seeds have posted pictures on. I’ve never tested that one so I can only judge from the picture.
But the most significant trait that you find with beldia is the taste. It taste like something you’ve never tasted before. Not sweet, rather like pepper and spices. Very very special taste and it doesn’t grow tall. Maybe 1-1.4 meters with minimal side branches.

I’m 100% sure that pure beldia is available. Moroccans love it and they only smoke beldia hash and kif from beldia. They are the biggest consumers of it. Beldia is for the local market and the hybrids are for export. 1kg of beldia hash goes for 3000-6000dirham depending on the quality. That’s approximately 300-600 euro or 320-660 dollars

I live in Scandinavia and here it’s autos that is most suitable for outdoor and some early strains. But I will give beldia a try this year because beldia is also a early strain.

Rembetis

I have seen photos from Lebanon that show the same type plant. Very close together and no branching. The Lebanese I grew out had plenty of branching as does the TRSC line. My plants were also short.

I trust the info ACE and TRSC put out about their lines so I believe they are genuine.

Parameter

I have seen photos from Lebanon that show the same type plant. Very close together and no branching. The Lebanese I grew out had plenty of branching as does the TRSC line. My plants were also short.

I trust the info ACE and TRSC put out about their lines so I believe they are genuine.
What is “TRSC” line? :)

Midbio

The Real Seed Co has a lot of interesting offerings. Im thinking of ordering the Sinai. They also have a Moroccan as well, it'd be cool to see how it compares with Ace's. Angus from TRSC did an amazing interview on the Curious about Cannabis Podcast, anyone interested in landrace cannabis should check it out.

Plantguy

It's said the effect is uplifting but wears off in a rather short time period. Does anyone have experience with the effects? I'm most interested to know if there's other cannabinoids like CBD and if this strain would help with sleep after the uplifting effects wears off. Specifically, if it's consumed in early evening how it will affect sleeping. Thanks

Parameter

It's said the effect is uplifting but wears off in a rather short time period. Does anyone have experience with the effects? I'm most interested to know if there's other cannabinoids like CBD and if this strain would help with sleep after the uplifting effects wears off. Specifically, if it's consumed in early evening how it will affect sleeping. Thanks
It’s true. I’ve smoked a lot of beldia hasch(dry sieved) and kif(chopped buds). In Morocco kif means something else. It’s not a long lasting high, 30-40 minutes. It’s not a either a powerful high but it does the job. It’s number one choice for moroccans during day time. They only smoke beldia during the day and sometimes hybrids before sleep. I can’t say anything about the cbd because I’ve never lab tested it. If I remember, ACE seeds have a lab test posted in a beldia thread. Hope that helped

Latest posts

Latest posts