What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Conspiracy Theory and Psychology (You're all mad!)

h.h.

Veteran
Why this conspiracy theory and not the one where it was an accidental shooting by a Secret Service newbie?

Not enough suspense and government oppression involved. It wouldn’t even make a good comic book much less a well researched fantasy. No money to be made. No royalties, no point.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Why this conspiracy theory and not the one where it was an accidental shooting by a Secret Service newbie?

why would Secret Service be looking at POTUS through rifle scope? and if they were, that kind of kicks "it was an accident" in the teeth. second rule of firearms handling (just after the first- "treat all firearms as if they are loaded") - "do not point the weapon at anything you do not intend to shoot"

armedoldhippy

Veteran

nope. no evidence (then or now) that it was a .223 caliber bullet. sorry...no mention of the M-16 as being in use by Secret Service during the '60s either. 9 mm Uzis were carried with extra-short barrels for concealability, as well as .357 revolvers AFTER Kennedys murder. before he was killed, sidearm was .38 specials & Colt 1911 .45s. not even the US military had M-16s until 1964.

JKD

Veteran
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hickey-ar-15_jfk.jpg

I’m not advocating for either theory - my position is that I don’t believe there was likely a conspiracy - especially one that hasn’t been fully exposed this many years later. But if that is the way you lean, then why one conspiracy theory over another.

Would you be surprised if the Secret Service were good at keeping secrets? :)

Last edited:

Hempy McNoodle

So, it sounds like none of you realize that there was another official government investigation into JFKs assassination. It was called, 'The House Select Committee on Assassinations. This is the origin of the famous 'magic bullet' theory in which the investigators found that the only way the findings of the Warren Commission Report could be accurate is if it was a magic bullet that killed Kennedy. They used forensic audio to determine the number of shots fired and the intervals between each shot. They determined that there had to have been a MINIMUM of two shooters and that the head shot would have been from the front. There are so many anomalies and many have ridiculous excuses parroted by the media. I love the secret service stand down excuse (lunch time).

JKD

Veteran
Hi Hempy. The author of Mortal Error (Secret Service cover up theorist) covered it in his work.

Have you read this?: https://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Wei...tment of JFK-King Reinvestigation/Item 14.pdf

Concluding paragraph: “ Accordingly, the Department of Justice has concluded that no persuasive evidence can be identified to support the theory of a conspiracy in either the assassination of President Kennedy or the assassination of Dr. King. No further investigation appears to be warranted in either matter unless new information which is sufficient to support additional investigative activity becomes available.”

armedoldhippy

Veteran
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hickey-ar-15_jfk.jpg

I’m not advocating for either theory - my position is that I don’t believe there was likely a conspiracy - especially one that hasn’t been fully exposed this many years later. But if that is the way you lean, then why one conspiracy theory over another.

Would you be surprised if the Secret Service were good at keeping secrets? :)

the weaponry they were issued & carry historically is common knowledge. the Secret Services job is not keeping "secrets" other than how they go about protecting POTUS. but please, by all means, attack another windmill, Don Quixote...

JKD

Veteran
Less well known, but not difficult to verify, is that they used the Colt ArmaLite AR-15 Model 01 (aka Model 601) in the early ‘60s.

You may have missed the bit where I said I’m not advocating for this theory - I don’t support the conspiracies, but - there’s a reason the rebuttals to this particular theory do not include that the USSS didn’t have the AR-15 at the time.

This is copied and pasted from USSS Special Agent George W Hickeys’ report, which you can find here:

https://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg Subject Index Files/H Disk/Hickey George W/Item 04.pdf (http only - ICMAG seems to default to https when pasting).

“At the end of the last report I reached to the bottom of the car and picked up the AR 15 rifle, cocked and loaded it, and turned to the rear. At this point the cars were passing under the over-pass and as a result we had left the scene of the shooting. I kept the AR 15 rifle ready as we proceeded at a high rate of speed to the hospital.”

Hickey also brought a libel case against the author of Mortal Error (and won). The court notes specifically include “his AR-15” and the allegation that he’d fired it:

https://www.nhd.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/Opinions/96/96SM081.pdf

Attack the conspiracy at the many points where the evidence is weak, speculative, or non-existent. Not the one place where it is strong, and has multiple avenues for verification.

Last edited:

Brother Nature

A thread about the psychology of conspiracies devolves into a conspiracy theory thread. Maybe I'm just high but that's pretty fucking funny.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
oopsie!

oopsie!

Well, here's a new one, the very latest, hot off the press!

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-91...rs-ago-saving-financial-ruin-book-claims.html

EXCLUSIVE: Explosive new book claims the KGB began grooming 'young and vain' Donald Trump 40 years ago by saving him from financial ruin and turned him into a Russian asset who gave Putin 'everything he wanted' as president

American Kompromat How the KGB Cultivated Donald Trump, and Related Tales of Sex, Greed, Power, and Treachery by Craig Unger is out January 26

The author claims Trump's association with Russia began in 1976 when he decided to make his move from developing real estate in Queens to Manhattan

Trump was rescued multiple times from multiple bankruptcies by boatloads of Russian cash laundered through his real estate in the 1980s and 1990s

When Trump became President, it was time to pay the piper and Trump gave Putin everything he wanted, Unger writes

The author claims Trump was connected to Russians through friend Jeffrey Epstein, who was supplying the Russians and Silicon Valley with underage girls

Trump also appealed to the KGB because he was 'vain, narcissistic, highly susceptible to flattery and greedy,' the author writes

The author interviewed high-level sources, Soviets who defected, former CIA officers, FBI counter-intelligent agents, lawyers and more for the book

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I often wonder about trump's relationship with Russia, whether he just falls into 'useful idiot' category or actively knew what the game was that he was involved in and his role in that game. :)

JKD

Veteran
Maybe a bit of both.

It will be interesting what comes out, if anything, over the coming years.

Possibly he’ll come to regret the nature of his relationship with the intelligence community.

Although, as professionals their investigations will likely be unswayed by personal feeling. Still, probably not wise to piss them all off if you’re up to no good and it’s their job to find out.

Last edited:

Absolem

I often wonder about trump's relationship with Russia, whether he just falls into 'useful idiot' category or actively knew what the game was that he was involved in and his role in that game. :)

Can't upset Russia when you want to build hotels there. I have no doubt Trump will be taking Russian oligarchy money within one year.

S

Sertaiz

A thread about the psychology of conspiracies devolves into a conspiracy theory thread. Maybe I'm just high but that's pretty fucking funny.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Im laughing with ya Bro!!!!! Cheers out there in keepin it real land.
goddamn dirty conspiracy theorists. drinkin up all the eggnog. you got eggnog, im first in line.

the chicken cant cross the road without thinking about it, so if they keep chicken from looking and a thinking, no road crossing. :wave::trampoline:

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Can't upset Russia when you want to build hotels there. I have no doubt Trump will be taking Russian oligarchy money within one year.

why should Russia give him any money, he's already outlived his usefulness/purpose and I don't think they want to be associated with a new trump tower Moscow right now as The Brand is screwed.

.... in fact, if they were gonna give trump anything more it would be a massive dose of Novichok! :bigeye: