What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I fucked this up.Too tall in flower.

grod31

Veteran
I thought I had it all figured out. Nah bee. Gaddam thangs wanna stretch well past 21 days of flower.

400 watt HPS putts out crap for lux even on "overdrive"

No space left. Gonna go fuck my self.

Attachments

• day19-2.jpg
    day19-2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 45
  • day19-3.jpg
    day19-3.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 34

troutman

Seed Whore
Never vegetate Indica plants more than half the height of your indoor grow area.
Sativa dominant plants should not be vegetated more than a quarter the height
of your indoor grow area the 1st time you grow them to see how they react.

I get a feeling you'll remember next time. :biggrin:

Don't feel bad, you're not the 1st person to hit the ceiling with trees. I did it once with a few Highland Thai. :laughing:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Troutman, how does that apply to a scrog? I am asking cause I don't know, and this looks like something I would do, and not even know I was doing.

Would a scrog help this situation?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
If they are still stretching then it's not too late to get crazy with the scissors. There is little development to loose at 3 weeks and new heads will establish themselves, as long as they are still stretching.

It's severe, but if it turns something unmanageable into something you can work with, then it's a good thing.

grod31

Veteran
These plants were only 21 days old from seed then flipped (21 days veg 21 days flower on monday). I had no idea i was " over vegging" at only 3 weeks old. and less then 6 inches tall.

right now i have that heavy peice of glass and some screens bending everything down. I assume if i do that for the rest of their life they will get moldy.
I might just scrap everything. I have enough on my plate and this is a headache.

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Red light is the worst to use. I use high Kelvin LED lights, but that aside, I would think you could bend the plants sideways still. Pinch and bend. Keep it up as needed and more than one place on the plant to bend.

I start bending them over in veg and continue well into flower as the tops tend to fight upwards to the light.

Dr.King

Veteran
Greetings man, how big is your tent? If you're a few weeks into flowering you should be fine. Stretch should be mainly over. Currently doing Killer A5 with only like 3 feet of head space and made it work. Like one poster above said just bend all the ones closest to the light sideways. Deflower a lot of the littlest buds on the bottom so you avoid mold. Later on in flowering keep removing leafs and smaller branches on the bottom/in the middle that you don't want to help improve air flow and you'll be fine. If the humidity gets to high don't get a big $200 dehumidifier online. They have new ones now that only cost around $70 and work for the size of a small bedroom. They hold around 2000ml and if you cover the light with black duck tape and place it inside the tent it brought my humidity down at night from the 80s to low 50s which is all you need to avoid mold. Happy growing.

I thought I had it all figured out. Nah bee. Gaddam thangs wanna stretch well past 21 days of flower.

400 watt HPS putts out crap for lux even on "overdrive"

No space left. Gonna go fuck my self.

rolandomota

Veteran
This is why I plan for 4 to 7 foot of plant height I use the whole box and a 1000 hps too tall? Let the top of the box bend it o yea