What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ace strains for suppressing appetite

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
g.i. problems for me means i HATE getting the munchies. there never seems to be a pattern, sometimes it just comes on.

staying hydrated helps, and yes i have read all about how thcv is supposed to curb the munchies (someone mentioned cbg doing this, i dunno if i have noticed one way or another)... so i'm not necessarily looking for specifically strains with thcv (ethiopian hybrids, one day when i get the space)... more so i just want personal opinions.

which sativas? which indicas?

are there ones i really need to avoid because they REALLY give everyone the major munchies?

thank you for any help with ace strains that curb the munchies please :thank you:

G

lol I can't believe I have never seen this question asked before :D

Very interested in seeing people's suggestions because I have a serious problem with the munchies, especially since we spend so much time at home now. When I am away from home and I smoke a joint it's not a problem but as soon as I am home I almost can hear the fridge calling my name... all day long haha

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Sativas are good for not being hungry.
Strains like kushes can made me eat all day every joint makes me new munchies.
Bubba kush and Ak47 are most munchies inducing strains i tried.

I wood

Mauritius x ethiopian
purple zamal x bangi haze
green haze x honduran
ethiopian
durban
All of the above have no munchies or tiring crash in my system.
I have noticed with the munchies comes a harder crash most times.
All of the malawi crosses have not been good for me, grew about ten before i figured out they weren’t what i was looking for. All great weed but hard crash and munchie inducing.
One meao thai leaning golden tiger original f1is the exception, love that one. six of her sisters didn’t make the cut.

G

Mauritius x ethiopian
purple zamal x bangi haze
green haze x honduran
ethiopian
durban
All of the above have no munchies or tiring crash in my system.
I have noticed with the munchies comes a harder crash most times.
All of the malawi crosses have not been good for me, grew about ten before i figured out they weren’t what i was looking for. All great weed but hard crash and munchie inducing.
One meao thai leaning golden tiger original f1is the exception, love that one. six of her sisters didn’t make the cut.

Are most of the strains you listed relatively speedy? That would be a logical reason why they supress your appetite I would think.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi nepalnt21,

I would choose very energetic sativa effects without ceiling, these types suppress the appetite rather than producing munchies.

I wood gave you very good recommendations, i would recommend the following ones:
Pure Ethiopian, Green Haze, Green Honduras Haze, Pure Honduras, Mauritius x Ethiopian, Oldtimer's Haze, Purple Honduras Haze, and other tropical landrace sativas of similar effects.

Also, rich CBD strains like CBD #1 and Lebanese.

Hope it helps! dubi

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
very good, thanks for all of the suggestions.

what about panama?

would it take away from the tropical profile when in hybrids with (say) purple zamal, honduras, and oth?

would that start to bring it into dense/ hangover/ munchies terrirory, or am i safe with that?

pure tropical sativas indoors will have to wait until i have more practice lol

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi nepalnt21,

Panama old green phenos don't produce much munchies, on the other hand Panama red phenos increase a lot the appetite at the end of the trip.