What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best machine to trim

Hey I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Amazon Bowl Trimmer or the TrimBag or any other product that helps speed up the trimming process. Thank you!

mikeross

I've actually heard good things about the Trimbag. If you're on a budget this is the one I would go with. Stay away from the bowl trimmers... way to rough on the buds.

From my experience, dry trimming is the way to go. If you got the funds and your op needs something that can do a few pounds per hour look into the Trimpal, ProCut XL or Triminator.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
tried the bowls right up to the twister's expect bruising. never tried the bag but noticed its dry use wonder how many trichs you lose in process. i agree with ross hand trim way to go

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
My farmer is losing a real good customer because of this tumble trim crap.

Last edited:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Sometimes setting yourself up properly is the key to speed. If you can chop off 8" and hand trim it before placing it in it's drying position, Then adding machine loading and unloading times might not make sense.

People like a hand trimmed bud. Seasoned smokers are now starting to notice machine weed. They might not recognise hand trimmed still, but know the one they don't want.

Veggia farmer

I dont know guys, I havent smoked so much of the flowers from the bowl trimmer, but my friend liked it. I didnt say anything to him, yet, cause I know he is a picky guy so I wanted to have an blind test without knowing. hehe.

I didnt have time to trim something early so I dried first, I know its best to dry first, so in it bowl it went to. I was like I can loose some buds if it turns to shite, but in my eyes it didnt. Next time I might dry first then in the bowl trimmer afterwards. Only problem with that is I get allergic reaction to dry trimming, but thats a personal issue.

OFC, I spin very gently, gently start ut, minimize turns and gently stop. Im unsure if I could handle the buds more gently by hand IMHO.

Down side- No fingerhash, BUT with a nice card you can scrape the bowl and make something nice with that!