What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cindy 99 and friends.

eyesdownchronic

What day of flower is this one? Looks like she has a good helping of NL!
Indeed! I thought the same when looking through the plants. none really display what i would consider real haze traits.
and week 2-3.

i truly wonder about the authenticity of AK bean brains seeds. I dont want to start any rumors, or talking poorly about breeders. but iff you look through his catalogue, he seems to have an almost unreal assortment of old genetics. Again, no interest in starting anything, someone could very well have acquired all those genetics and maintained them, and if so fuck yeah. its just a lot.

the one real other thing that "tips" me off, is a pack of TK x G13 f3 i have (from AKBB). G13 is listed as the male of a M/F line... and to my understanding there is no male G13... im just writing it off as being the "G13" (actually G13 x Skunk) that Mr. Nice used. maybe AKBB had some G13 x skunk and saw Mr. nice using it listed as just G13, and said fuck it, I might as well just go with that and name this line simply G13. so im working under the assumption that the seeds are (tk x (g13 x skunk) ) f3. still havent ran them out yet.

Durban seems like its pretty legit though... most sativa out of everyone id say.

eyesdownchronic

Indeed! I thought the same when looking through the plants. none really display what i would consider real haze traits.
and week 2-3.

i truly wonder about the authenticity of AK bean brains seeds. I dont want to start any rumors, or talking poorly about breeders. but iff you look through his catalogue, he seems to have an almost unreal assortment of old genetics. Again, no interest in starting anything, someone could very well have acquired all those genetics and maintained them, and if so fuck yeah. its just a lot.

the one real other thing that "tips" me off, is a pack of TK x G13 f3 i have (from AKBB). G13 is listed as the male of a M/F line... and to my understanding there is no male G13... im just writing it off as being the "G13" (actually G13 x Skunk) that Mr. Nice used. maybe AKBB had some G13 x skunk and saw Mr. nice using it listed as just G13, and said fuck it, I might as well just go with that and name this line simply G13. so im working under the assumption that the seeds are (tk x (g13 x skunk) ) f3. still havent ran them out yet.

Durban seems like its pretty legit though... most sativa out of everyone id say.

well after spending some real time looking through those NL5 x haze, i feel a little bit bad about my previous comments. While the line does seem to be more selected towards the NL5 side. id say there is still very much a lot of other traits that i would consider haze like present.

I still stand behind my comments about the TK x G13 f3 though...

eyesdownchronic

Let's start with the NL5 x haze f4 big framed NL type.

picture.php

yeah...
picture.php

this one has mild woody earthy smells. not much frost.

another large framed one but not as much NL5.
picture.php

picture.php

this one is actually has a very pleasant floral tropical thing going on. keeping an eye on her...

eyesdownchronic

More NL5 x haze f4

this one is more mid height

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

this one is much more aromatic and frosty than the larger framed ones. I honestly don't know how to describe the smell outside of it just smelling like dank weed. kinda lame description i know.

eyesdownchronic

And a heavy NL5 leaner, about half the size of the mid sized one. i guess i did have a female.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

very little going on with smell for this one.

And finally, this one actually started out as a quad foliate. and then terminated its apical growth, before putting out two shoots. the shoots have been standard growing since. much more sativa looking leaves.

picture.php

picture.php

most aromatic of all the NL5x haze f4 hands down. very loud tropical fruit. kinda sketch about breeding with tri/ quads, but this plant is special...

Last edited:

eyesdownchronic

All in all really liking the NL5 x haze f4 after spending some more time with it. the large framed floral, mid framed dank , and tropical mutant all seem to have some potential haze traits present.

Last edited:

eyesdownchronic

Time to get back to the Cindy... shes supposed to be the star of the show...

So, how about some C99 f4 from KOS

this is the largest female in the room by a decent bit.
picture.php
picture.php

she looks like a feed hog... nobody else is showing much of any deficiencies.
smell has a little bit of citrus but is more flat leathery savory type. im not really able to describe it so well. a little like mango maybe.

heres another "large" one but maybe 2/3 the size of the previous cindy
picture.php
picture.php

this one has heavy orange citrus type terps. much louder too.

eyesdownchronic

More c99f4

this one is like the large citrus but half the height

picture.php
picture.php

and here are some super runty sativa types

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

excited to see how these breed out...

eyesdownchronic

And the Iron Cindy f2's...

these are honestly more "indica" looking than the straight c99's. large lobed leaves, less serrated. idk.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

eyesdownchronic

Helena

picture.php
picture.php

this one was the best structurally. nice and compact with good branching in veg. about 1.5x -2x stretch in flower . smells are pretty dank skunky

picture.php

this one was much more dainty. seems to be more sativa leaning in nature but very small, maybe half the size of the previous one. this plant might be the loudest from the whole run though. pure candy terps. loud af. good frost coverage already.

eyesdownchronic

Super Silver Grapefruit (SSH x Grapefruit f2) from Doctor P at Dynasty/ Relic.

I think this is the winning line so far. Plants display strong hybrid vigor. But the SSH type sativa traits completely dominate the grapefruit as far as structure is concerned. terps are for the most part loud citrus. nice frost. would say these alongside the durban appear the most sativa in nature.

I feel like Doctor P does some really great breeding work. He has a lot of interesting blueberry type stuff mixed with cookie, plus some nice old school sativas, SSH, G13haze. but he doesn't seem to have much if any mainstream, or niche appeal. kind of a bummer.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

eyesdownchronic

Trainwreck S1 from Twenty20 mendo
these are pretty cool...
has this interesting leaf trait where the leaflets start out skinny at the joints, but then get pretty fat by the end.

terps are loud citrus crushed pine , with some rancid meat in the back.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

this one is the lankiest/ loudest.also has pretty heavy frost coverage so far. leaves arent too exaggerated.

eyesdownchronic

head shot of the mid height one
picture.php

still pretty frosty

im interested to tag the Trainwreck s1 with some Cindy 99 f4 pollen and see whats up in there. it might be flop city, but i bet ill be able to find some dank expressions to then be able to bulk up later.

Last edited: