What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TSL 2000W

Hey all. I have a 2x4 area and I'm using the Mars Hydro TSL 2000W LED light and my question is regarding the dimmer.

My girls have currently transitioned from another veg area with really small floros. They are about a foot tall and I have them in 5 gallon fabric pots. Feeding them GH Trio nutes with Trive alive B1.

How should I be using the dimmer? Day 1 in the new box was at 25% to get them used to the new light and environment. Day 2 was at 50% and that's where I'm at now on day 3.

I'm not sure if I should be using the light at 100% for such a small plant right now.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
The pic isn't showing. Also the light is 300w, 2000 is just the model number.
Mine has been at 100% since day one. Its easiest to start seedlings at around 3 foot from the light, and let the plants grow into them rather than trying to adjust the wattage and height. Keep the light a min of 15 inches away from the hood when in full flower, and you should be set.

Sweet thanks GMT. Funny I was just reading your thread.

So I don't need to worry about dimming the light at all. Just don't keep it too close.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
That's been my method. Thing is I bought the model before they added the cool magic boxes on top. So I adjusted my style to suit. Its not the most efficient way to do it, from an electricity point of view, but it works.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Thanks for your answer, GMT. :huggg:

Generally, we suggest customers to do like this.
Seedling: 25%, vegging: 50%, flowering: 75% to max.
The recommended height is 30 to 18 inches.

Correct me if there is anything wrong. This data comes from other growers.

40degsouth

Hi everyone l hope you’re all well.
I’ve just been on Mars Hydro’s website and l am impressed with the customer service to say the least, the best customer service I’ve ever experienced.
I’ve been recommended this light to keep my cuts in veg, with it dimmed to %25, due to off grid power concerns and a maximum of 90watts available over winter.
I hope you don’t mind me posting this question in your thread Cronic Newfie but I’ve really got no experience with indoor lights and l am hoping someone may have experience or thoughts for my situation.
Cheers,

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Hi everyone l hope you’re all well.
I’ve just been on Mars Hydro’s website and l am impressed with the customer service to say the least, the best customer service I’ve ever experienced.
I’ve been recommended this light to keep my cuts in veg, with it dimmed to %25, due to off grid power concerns and a maximum of 90watts available over winter.
I hope you don’t mind me posting this question in your thread Cronic Newfie but I’ve really got no experience with indoor lights and l am hoping someone may have experience or thoughts for my situation.
Cheers,

Thanks for the positive words. :thank you:

Hey everyone. Sorry its been such a long time. My grow turned out great! I've been having some WPM issues. But resolved so far.

Here are random pictures from the 1st grow the the TSL2000.
AP-GROW-13.jpg
AP-GROW-13.jpg

Attachments

• AP-GROW-1.jpg
    AP-GROW-1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 44
  • AP-GROW-2.jpg
    AP-GROW-2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 42
  • AP-GROW-3.jpg
    AP-GROW-3.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 40