What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cancel Culture

Brother Nature

Who's been fired specifically because of their political leanings? Please give one example. I can't seem to think of one.

There were a lot of people in Hollywood (also the military, politics, basically anyone they didn't like) fired or blacklisted for their political beliefs and sexual orientation not too long ago, think it had something to do with a Republican senator by the name of McCarthy, here's a short list for those who don't think 'cancel culture' is a thing or think it's a right/left cry baby talking point and not simply about having power over your fellow man.

Cannavore

Veteran
There were a lot of people in Hollywood (also the military, politics, basically anyone they didn't like) fired or blacklisted for their political beliefs and sexual orientation not too long ago, think it had something to do with a Republican senator by the name of McCarthy, here's a short list for those who don't think 'cancel culture' is a thing or think it's a right/left cry baby talking point and not simply about having power over your fellow man.

lmfao really? i clicked on 10 of those names and they've all been dead since 1980 lmaooooooooooooooooooooo what a fucking absurd stretch brb gonna start naming people from the year 1207 that were cancelled for something.

Cannavore

Veteran
160 million people voted in the last election
x .025 = 4 million votes... which would’ve been enough to swing the election if the fraud was placed in the right locales.
I could be off but based on ur own stats on voter fraud that’s obviously an issue.

21 million disenfranchised voters is larger than the POTENTIAL 0.025% voter fraud. that isn't PROVEN voter fraud lmao derpty derp.

Cannavore

Veteran
You can wear pantyhose if you like , just dont compete in girls sports , and stay away from children.
so drag queens reading a book has now had it's goalposts moved to "don't compete in girls sports" lmao what a joke. fallacious argumentative skills.

Let me know when Blackwater's murderers are reading to little kids,you must have the U.S mixed up with one of your communist countries you hold so close to your heart.
let me know when drag queens are reading to a sizeable group of american kids besides a niche group lol. reactionary boomers are afraid of the funniest shit imaginable.

I can see you really take it personal if someone doesnt agree with your values.
what values might those be? i'm laughing at you and your scared reactionary cuckold self.

How about saying you identify as a woman tomorrow,
no lol.

and go to a health club or facility of your choice , and join the woman in the locker room / showers and then report back on the horrors and ridicule you were subjected to endure when you are put on a sex offenders registry.
low iq boomer are you still equating drag queens with transgender people? lmao.

I know as neanderthal as that may be.Upon arrest they may even put you in a holding cell with others with similar genatalia......oh the horror.

Do it sweetie, put on your rouge and spandex,maybe even a lil squirt of chanel #5.......ok off ya go now....go ahead off ya go......

Let us know
boomer homophobia. you're actually a joke. your out of touch comments say more about yourself than it does anything else.

Brother Nature

lmfao really? i clicked on 10 of those names and they've all been dead since 1980 lmaooooooooooooooooooooo what a fucking absurd stretch brb gonna start naming people from the year 1207 that were cancelled for something.

That wasn't the point of the post mate. If there was an over the head emoji I'd posting it. I was simply trying to point out that swaying public opinion against those that have a voice isn't a new thing and it isn't a left or right thing. It's a tool that those in any sort of power can utilize to achieve whatever agenda they have in place. The post was meant to ruffle the feathers of boomers who've clearly forgotten their past, not someone who I thought would actually know about and understandthe effect McCarthyism had on America.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hahaha ......I'm still on your mind ....good !

Some free medical advice for ya sweetie , up your dose of estrogen, and switch from duct tape to Gorilla tape......I think I think one nut is starting to show.....tuck it back up quick......good luck with the transition!
Let me know if you need any help with your body dysmorphia , I now consider you my patient.Any inner feelings you may divulge will be protected by hippa.

I'd like to see you back in 3 weeks,hows 2pm ?

And please remember , your feelings matter!
As we discussed previously,when you are in crisis play that Helen Reddy Lp I sent to you and play 'I Am Woman' over and over.....and for God's sake stay away from mirrors.

Big Hug.....Big Hug !

imiubu

Okay NEW ENGLAND I spit my coffee for real. A good bit of humor is always welcome in the earlier
parts of the day. It certainly helps to lift the mood and set a happy tone moving forward.
My keyboard may not suffer many more of these bursts of laughter however :D

buzzmobile

Veteran
Fear not, younger generations. You will have plenty of time to make your own generational mistakes. Before my Boomer Generation came of age we trusted no one under 30, and it was The Establishment that made all of the mistakes.

imiubu

I was thinking along the same vein buzzmobile and of course that song was circling in my brain haha.

WTH is wrong with "boomers" anyway? I am not offended by some snot nosed kids attempt at devaluing
an entire generation of people though. Each generation seems to want to blame the one previous
for all the "problems" of the current world. HAHA Wait until they reach the age of reasoning and
realize that they are next in line to be skewered upon that same stake of blame.

Perhaps instead of simply laying blame; turning attentions to creating solutions would be a much
wiser use of pent up energies.

We (boomers) are the generation that continued to rail against our gov'ts prohibition of cannabis.
It's unfortunate that what we have currently in the US sucks so badly but hey... the boomers got us
this far.
Time to wipe the snot from their noses, and dry the backs of their ears then... get in the fucking
trenches for cripes sakes. They are now responsible for their generations 'failures' after all.

Sunshineinabag

hahaha ......I'm still on your mind ....good !

Some free medical advice for ya sweetie , up your dose of estrogen, and switch from duct tape to Gorilla tape......I think I think one nut is starting to show.....tuck it back up quick......good luck with the transition!
Let me know if you need any help with your body dysmorphia , I now consider you my patient.Any inner feelings you may divulge will be protected by hippa.

I'd like to see you back in 3 weeks,hows 2pm ?

And please remember , your feelings matter!
As we discussed previously,when you are in crisis play that Helen Reddy Lp I sent to you and play 'I Am Woman' over and over.....and for God's sake stay away from mirrors.

Big Hug.....Big Hug !

Gorilla tape makes great skin

Absolem

Fear not, younger generations. You will have plenty of time to make your own generational mistakes. Before my Boomer Generation came of age we trusted no one under 30, and it was The Establishment that made all of the mistakes.

Completely agree. I'm a gen x'er. I laugh when I hear people on the left say look at the younger generation today, "they get it and will bring the "progressive" era to the forefront". One thing these people leave out is the mindset of today's 20's something will change just as sure as the generations before them. They get married have kids and the rigid idealism they once held leaves just like their youth.

mowood3479

Veteran
21 million disenfranchised voters is larger than the POTENTIAL 0.025% voter fraud. that isn't PROVEN voter fraud lmao derpty derp.

Yes, that is correct 21 million is more than 4 million.
I wasn’t claiming disenfranchising 21 million people is good.. I was claiming 4 million (potentially) fraudulent votes in an election with slimmer margins than that is an issue,
Derpity derp derp a rooo

Gry

Salute