What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Indian Landrace Exchange strains

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the update chilliwilli the Balochis should really show their best with such big pots and proper feeding-ph.
Eager to follow your progress also with the New Caledonians ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
We have just received a re stock on our website on ILE's Kerala Gold and Sheelawathi South Indians and Balochi Pakistani indica Selection #1. :yes:

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Consolidated those are 27l pots. 30cm^3

thx dubi that u mention the ph. I think that is the problem with my new soilmix because i switched the sphagnum for some biofiber. Thats whats left over from a biogasplant running on manure. First run was no problem but at the 2. run the problems started and i got very yellow plants. I think its the ph and n thats sucked up by the composting of the cellulose. I feed them canna bio flores and fermented plant extract to add acidic micro organism.
honestly i was to lazy and should get some ph paper to check my runoff too.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi chilliwilli, yeah i was not sure if the yellowish color was because of the lamp what i think i saw some older leaves showing ph unbalance, and every bottle of ferts you are using changes the ph in some or other way.

I would recommend you to get a ph and ec digital meter so you can learn how your ferts combine in the water mix and how fluctuates the ph of water with the ferts, what's the exact ec you are feeding your plants, etc .... the difference will be night and day and you will blame youself for not buying it earlier!

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Hi dubi i have an ec and ph meter from trying dwc once but the electrode dried up and i don't want to buy a new one.
I tried the last 3 years to switch to water only no till style but with the last mix my experiment did not work. I was looking for a cheap and sustainable alternative for peat or coco but the biofibre didn't work.
The mix i grew the kerala, killeA5haze and smh in was with living sphagnum but that comes with a hefty price but is worth the money imo. Already ordered new for a new mix.
i'm still using the old mix but waited a little too long for re feeding so the last veg was very slow and it took some time to release the nutes again. Its not perfect but as long i get a decent smoke with water only i keep it simple:D
pic is at 10 weeks 11/13. left is c5 x kalichina that did veg the slowest, middle and right is western wind that got 5 weeks extra veg. I know very bad damage from tripse and in the last 3 weeks i noticed some spider mites that a now try to fight with waterspraying. The first c5xkc will go down soon and i hope the ww will be ready in max. 2 weeks. Not perfect but for me good enough.

20210610_221343~2.jpg

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Balochistan#3 @31-35d 11/13

One looks like a fast finisher. She was the last to flip and is now at 31d. She also showed resin first. The western wind next to her had some late naners so maybe she got pollinated but i doubt that.

20210612_195528~2.jpg

20210612_195706~2.jpg

chilliwilli

Waterboy
The smell from the first is interesting. When i stick my nose to it its bubblegum sweet but when i pick some fanleaf the smells is more indian spice and reminds me of the chellakutti.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot for the feedback, it's great to see the Balochis performing so well indoors chilliwilli :yes:

The first one looks promising so far with such trichome density. The scents sound delightful as well!

rindindoo

hello Dubi! can I know when Balochistan Selection # 3 will appear in the store? thank you for your attention and for the best!

Naindejardin

dubi hey I just picked up Wailing and Waichen, what aces do you think would be a good cross to keep it all sativa? I have I have a HonPan? Otherwise I have Banghi, Violetta and ZamalKC. Could get some interesting terpenoid profiles 😏

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi rindindoo We have just received a re stock on all Indian Landrace Exchange strains, Balochi #3 included. :yes:

Hi Naindejardin, i like to recommend to experience first each strain, and then figure out where do you want to bring them.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the update chilliwilli Really nice sugary buds :yummy: Yeah, i won't consider these type of pure indica landraces from arid climates as mold (botrytis) resistant. I'm still amazed this genetics can thrive there after watch the arid landscapes of Balochistan and the outdoor grows from the breeder.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Balochistan#3 61d 11/13

I took a test branch today. Some buds i tried last week were already promising. Smell is nice and has dev jasmine notes in it. Not pure but jasmine scented perfume imo nice:biggrin:.
Some trichomes already turned yellowish but since its hashplant genetics i wait for more amber.
Had to pick some naners from that plant over the last 2 weeks.

20210711_215516~2.jpg

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I will try a little smoke report. Have tested the early balochistan#3 4 times so far. Potency is good, i can feel one load with the sublimator very nice. From that 1 load i can take 2 solid bong hits. I could also easy smoke 2-3 loads in a row so i would say its medium to high potent, not as strong as modern strains but a solide smoke that is able to match up. The high is a very nice euphoria with a little uplufting properties that remind me of some good hash and has also some relaxing effects. Its very short lived after 45 min u can feel the comedown. Smell and taste after drying is earthy sweet that reminds me of some good bubblegum. No jasmine left sadly.
i will take her down in a few days:biggrin:

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Potency isn't everything Chili,and it may well improve after a good cure. Duration of effect isn't everything either. Look at Dj Shorts Flo. It isn't the most potent,and duration of effect is on the shorter side,yet it still has a loyal following after all these years.

That Balochistan sounds great. Plus,it is heirloom. That makes it even more important.

Well done.

Latest posts

Latest posts