What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Octopot, blessing its curse???

Trying to find out more. Not many posts about them on here asside from some old ones and one about someone having root rot with one... anyone around here have actual experience with them? Worth it? I currently run coco but want a change and Octopot seems like best of both.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In my opinion, not worth it. At all.

Build yourself some Hempy buckets or some DWC totes for a few dollars each, spend the left over money on good genetics.

BuzzBob56

Octopot Grow Systems create an oxygen rich environment where dissolved oxygen is added to and removed from the system by natural atmospheric exchange (aeration and degassing).

::Loud Guffaw:: So, they say enough air is sucked in via "natural atmospheric exchange." Riiiiiight! No wonder there's RootRot issues. No air being added, and it has to get too hot, too.

I am with GB, build a system cheaper...

::Loud Guffaw:: So, they say enough air is sucked in via "natural atmospheric exchange." Riiiiiight! No wonder there's RootRot issues. No air being added, and it has to get too hot, too.

I am with GB, build a system cheaper...

From the little I’ve read the people with root issues are the ones whom add aeration to the mixture... who knows it seemd like a awesome thing easy for me but red flag was going off

starke

Unless you like over complicated...take a look at Hempy's. If you currently grow in coco the transition will be easy. Same DTW feedings but with less frequency. Hempy buckets and Jacks Pro Hydro/Calnit for the simplicity, savings and results. Just my .02.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
this is a system Im interested in, fully expandable. If you already have pumps you can buy pots separately

I did a search but cannot locate their www

Please let me know whether in touch with the company direct or where to buy, best if in Southern US, but not a deal breaker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdI-XupAkj0

tejashidrow

I’ve been useing Octopots for the past year.
No injected air.
No root rot.
Em1 and water in Rez
Dr earth amendments
Works flawlessly.