What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

White spots but undecided if it's PM or not

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
seems cold temps really bring pm out. i seen a batch of clone's with pm moved to warm veg room and a diluted peroxide spray and baking soda spray catch vigor and kick the pm.

I wood

seems cold temps really bring pm out. i seen a batch of clone's with pm moved to warm veg room and a diluted peroxide spray and baking soda spray catch vigor and kick the pm.

Yes
When the temperature drops the humidity goes up, triggering the spore to grow. Anything more than a ten to fifteen degree drop gets risky in my opinion.

NoMore

How do you treat powdery mildew?

Last run I had it, spotted in 5th week in flowering, i kept it under control by washing the leaves with a 3% hydrogen peroxide solution (1part in 3 parts of water) every 2/3 days, and I made it to harvest without it to effect the flowers.
I treated the plants flowering now with a systemical fungicide in veg, but it seems it has not done the job

popta

Doesn't look like any PM I've seen but I guess anything is possible. UV light can kill PM without spraying anything on the plant, might be worth looking into if your location has recurring problems with PM. Back before carbon filters hit the market we all used ozone generators for smell control and they had the side benefit of sterilizing things and killing PM so that's another no spray option but they have drawbacks like reducing the smell of the finished bud and being harmful to breathe in high concentrations.

NoMore

Those microscopic shots look like salts.
Yes totally, can't figure out how to stop this "dew" forming during the night, ventilation should be on point, the negative pressure on the tent scares me sometimes, temps are good (22-23° lights on, 19-20° off).
I'm keeping both eyes open anyway, the cleistothecium of mildew that TanzanianMagic posted (very interesting) they look very similar to the round things in my pictures.

Doesn't look like any PM I've seen but I guess anything is possible. UV light can kill PM without spraying anything on the plant, might be worth looking into if your location has recurring problems with PM. Back before carbon filters hit the market we all used ozone generators for smell control and they had the side benefit of sterilizing things and killing PM so that's another no spray option but they have drawbacks like reducing the smell of the finished bud and being harmful to breathe in high concentrations.

Yeah man, if it keeps like this I'm gonna buy a cleanlight hobby.
And it's probably how it's gonna end, it's an environmental problem, i'm in the countryside, right outside my door there are gardens with all kinds of fruit trees
Ozone is good but I live close to the tent, not good to inhale it

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you opt for the O3 generator put it on a timer so it’s not overproducing O3.

I seem to recall reading that 15 minutes twice a day worked for someone around these parts.

I wood

Nomore, you should consider the larger unit if your garden is on the larger size.
I’m using the hobby unit and getting it the recommended 4” away from all plant surfaces is not as easy as I thought. This is with 11 or13watts, I forget. The bigger one is 36watts I think. It follows that the bigger one could stay farther away and sweep faster as well.
With a small garden it wouldn’t matter as much.
I’m right in the middle and wonder if I should have gone bigger.
Only using the thing several times I’m not even sure yet if it’s working but when I cruise over a visible pm patch there is a satisfying singed smell in the air.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
PM is made up of a forest of tiny rods so it will always appear denser if you look at the ‘forest’ side on. If it is PM you will quickly see what I mean. It will be noticeable looking at it from above but much more so when you look across the surface of the leaf!