What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

Three Berries

You aren't going to find much pride in things that are given to and not worked for. The pride turns from work ethic to crook ethic, take it anyway they can.

How many generations of the same family have been on welfare in the USA cities? Why has the same political party been in control for decades and it keeps spiraling downward?

buzzmobile

Veteran
Each person needs 55-80 gallons/day.
That is a lot of water to consider for the planet. Bringing it down to a homestead amount is daunting for most of the states west of the Mississippi.

I hope our well holds out and the rains come on a regular basis. There are a lot of people who are hoping the same thing. Yikes.

Three Berries

This year is almost as dry as 1994 here in Illinois. That year was the driest I've ever seen since keeping records. This year we were wet until July then it stopped for the most part.

Rainfall DB 11 2022.jpg

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is a lot of water to consider for the planet. Bringing it down to a homestead amount is daunting for most of the states west of the Mississippi.

I hope our well holds out and the rains come on a regular basis. There are a lot of people who are hoping the same thing. Yikes.
I probably use 100 gallons including watering plants then another 100 at my composting lot. Our water comes from a mountain base aquifer which fills up every rainy season.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
"55 to 80 gallons a day..." i have heard/read this figure before, and thought "that's high AF". then i started adding in what i prob waste every hot shower i take (sometimes twice a day) to soothe aching shoulders and shit...and the numbers might be low. :shucks:

Reactions: Gry

Gry

But the system that worked well for several generations is not what is in place today. In fact the system worked best when the government didn't get involved at the Federal level. That is the system that produced generations of educated Americans, before the US Dept of Education was established as cabinet post.

How anyone can consider todays educational system in the USA a success it's beyond me. Only if you do not consider getting an education maybe. But that will come later for the deadbeats.
Feel free take that revisionist version of history back to who ever pitched it to you.
Let's remind others how it went back in the good old days prior to the federal government becoming involved.
In the mid fifties in Virginia, those who ran the educational system said that if they were forced to integrate the school system they would rather close it down.
Which was exactly what they did.

Continuing segregation meant more to these men, than did the education, or future of their own children,
and they did not give a flying fuck what became of children of the state as the attempted to extort the
balance of our citizenry.

As I read of your call to have local control returned, I am amazed at how little tactics have changed.
Those with contempt for the county take joy in denying it's opportunities to those who need and deserve them most.
Those who you are speak of with such reverence over finances, are the very men who thought shipping our industrial base to China was a bright idea.
They are the ones who are responsible for seeing our middle class evaporate, as China was blessed
with the fastest rising middle class in history.
Yes sir, the"Chicago Boys" were regular economic wizards...

Last edited:

Gry

I feel a need to say something that I do not recall having seen be brought up, here.
During the second world war, for the first few years, things were not going at all well for
our team.
We had been dealing with the republican depression since the early thirties, a third of
the young men who showed up at the recruitment office's were sent back home
and told to put on some weight.
As a result, both the US, and the UK, were asking all men who were fit and able to contribute.
A lot of promises were made at that point.
After the war, Britain was better about maintaining such promises than was the US.
As a result things changed and conditions improved for such places as Jamaica.
What we saw in VA were those who never did approve of the integration which took
place in the military. Lets be quite frank here, these are men who would rather have
seen us lose the war, rather than accept the concept of parity for the children of
black Americans who served honorably and well during the war.
When one balances out the racism against the patriotism what remains ?

Last edited:

Gry

Have been enjoying a couple of lectures a week by a fellow by the name of Nick Zentner on geology.
He is doing them live twice a week, and they are available on youtube.

Here is a link, but the content must be watched on youtube, They will not play though another site.
Click on the link which says "Watch on YouTube" and it will take you to the site.

Three Berries

Feel free take that revisionist version of history back to who ever pitched it to you.
Let's remind others how it went back in the good old days prior to the federal government becoming involved.
In the mid fifties in Virginia, those who ran the educational system said that if they were forced to integrate the school system they would rather close it down.

Continuing segregation meant more to these men, than did the education, or future of their own children,
and they did not give a flying fuck what became of children of the state as the attempted to extort the

As I read of your call to have local control returned, I am amazed at how little tactics have changed.
Those with contempt for the county take joy in denying it's opportunities to those who need and deserve them most.
Those who you are speak of with such reverence over finances, are the very men who thought shipping our industrial base to China was a bright idea.
They are the ones who are responsible for seeing our middle class evaporate, as China was blessed
So you are saying the only thing Federal education is goad for is the racial integration?

Anything else?

Just remember who is currently involved with China that the media does not want to talk about.. Chicago boys has been Dems for over a century. Last Republican was in the Al Capone days LOL.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor

Gry seems to hate America and her children. The schools are failing the kids, making another generation of dependants. When a 3rd grade kid can do the homework problems of a 5th kid, in her head, you know they are not being taxed. The 3rd grader was told that other kids were struggling when she asked the teacher for harder homework.

India was broken into two countries after the globalists divided them on religion. In America it looks like the dependant class of takers has communism and big government as their religion and savior. Maybe we ought to give them everything west of Texas, and split up.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Talking about paper dollars?

Lettuce pray… a head was priced at $3.99 the other day. They can try to hide more stimmy by jacking up the EBT balances. But the prices tell the true story of the failing currency. Failing currency reflects failing society. Bread and circus time, and gotta keep them divided.

Since foreigners have wised up to America’s debt, which will never be repaid, it looks like the next stimmy is gonna be printed.

They can’t print energy and fertilizer though. That stuff is expensive and in short supply. Disrupt those two, and the painful reality of hunger sets in. Watch Europe this winter for a preview, I am afraid America comes up next. How did a midget stripper get to have so much influence over peoples lives?

Gry

Gee Three Berries, having been given the inside scoop from the like of Glen Beck and
Whitney Web, that is the best you can manage.

Glen Beck describing Whitney Web's content as the
most significant thing he had been exposed to in 45 years.
As close to a Riefenstahl tribute as one is likely to find.

Gry

Flylow, The state of Texas pays for the education of it kids with property taxes.
My family and I have paid taxes which go to the education of children for 3 generations.
Not a single member of my family ever attended school in Texas, but knowing the money
was being spent on education always left me feeling fairly decent about paying that tax.

The land had a landing strip and hanger on it. Hanger was taken out by a hurricane
in the late sixties. Was in the Rio Grand Valley just outside of Harlingen.

dramamine

Have you had an opportunity to view the content with
her and Glen Beck ?
It appears to me, that what we have with Ms Webb,
is a ringer.
You said something along those lines a while ago. So you think she's a limited hangout type? I've read and seen her stuff for years and haven't heard any reason why you would think so, but I guess you must have one. Just wondered. Carry on.