What's new

When is too late to install a scrog? When do you switch to bloom nutes?

PEIslandGrow

1st grow, got lazy and didnt make my scrog yet. About 1.5weeks from the flip and plants are still stretching about an inch a day. Is it too late for a scrog?

A lot of mixed answers on when to switch to bloom nutes. Some guides say 2nd or 3rd week or when grape sized buds have formed. Any tips?

Thanks

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...lets start with this very simple tip, include pictures with every question, you're much more likely to get useful advice.

...now, i don't personally run a SCROG preferring a VSCROG instead but i'd guess that you could install your screen now and start weaving the branchs in, then, during early flower you'll be able to continue weaving your branchs as the plants stretch.

...also, i am a proponent of KISS style feeding so i give all my plants the same formula from rooted clone right through flower, with the caveat that i start cutting back on the nitrogen about 4 weeks before harvest.

...you mind my asking why you chose to run SCROG your first time out of the shell?

...anyway, welcome, to the site and the hobby.

picture.php

peace, bozo

picture.php

PEIslandGrow

Nice on the Vscrog! First grow, rocking coco. Pretty happy so far. I had a few issues but all resolved well. I've been LST training once a week usually.

I wanted to do a scrog mainly from research, even canopy and in case buds become too heavy for the stems. They say to keep it simple but I've learned too much not to try this stuff :)

Sorry about the blurple

Attachments

• PSX_20180326_215456.jpg
    PSX_20180326_215456.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 44
  • PSX_20180326_215609.jpg
    PSX_20180326_215609.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 37
  • PSX_20180326_215730.jpg
    PSX_20180326_215730.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 27

Cactus Wes

I slip a scrog net on the plants about 2 weeks into flower.

picture.php

picture.php

And the nutes;
Indicas get veg nutes for the first week,
Hybrids get a week and a half veg nutes,
Sativa hybrids 1 week to 2 weeks,
Equatorial sativas 3 to 4 weeks veg nutes,
Before bloom nutrients.
I have seen a noticeable difference in vigour and quick appearance of pistle clusters when employing this roughly explained method. Once you see flower heads switch to flower.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Yeah, just slide it down into them, feeding the heads through the holes. I have put nets in late too many times to remember.

Your run-off pH will drop when they start taking the PK. Under 5 is not unusual and may lead to pH related lockouts if you don't switch food. Or the first sign of buds will be close enough.

Mattbho

Short answer its never too late but ....

A fellow lazy grower here . Since its your 1st grow and u have no clue how the plants will behave i am going to recommend skipping the net fir several reasons , but mainly so you can keep an eye on the entire plant and still be able to move the pots.

Instead put something (book, tote, upside down pot, ect ) under the shortest plants to get them even with the taller plants. It doesn't look like u have much room to go horizontal scrog. if u run into a 3x stretching plant your will quickly run out of room.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts