ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20240508_194850037_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240508_194908702_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240508_194917305_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240508_194927877_HDR.jpg

armedoldhippy

Veteran
That’s okay, I throw up a little when I think about being neighbors with Texas.
i just got back from Louisiana the other day, lost 16 days of my life that i won't get back. :mad: you could see Texas across Toledo Bend, watch the storms coming. :fright: i don't think i could live down there, in EITHER state. no newspapers, no radio stations worth a damn, couldn't buy a magazine in Wally World (or anywhere else!) nope, no crossword books either, because i don't think they can spell. :dunno: never been in such an un/under educated place in my whole life...

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i just got back from Louisiana the other day, lost 16 days of my life that i won't get back. :mad: you could see Texas across Toledo Bend, watch the storms coming. :fright: i don't think i could live down there, in EITHER state. no newspapers, no radio stations worth a damn, couldn't buy a magazine in Wally World (or anywhere else!) nope, no crossword books either, because i don't think they can spell. :dunno: never been in such an un/under educated place in my whole life...
Gets worse in Mississippi…

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:alrighty...got the pipe and bong situation dealt with and the soaking bin filled with fresh simple green...did some yard work and got a start on hacking a path through the overgrown cactus and getting the pruning done...dug up some dead plants...got the string trimmer out...
still a couple of hours to kill before the thursday gravel ride...think i'll vacuum...

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“To determine the 50 worst cities in the United States, Business Insider used Census data from 1,000 US cities. Factors analyzed for each city were population change from 2010 to 2018, the percentage of people in the workforce, median household income, percentage of people without health insurance, median commute times, and the number of people living in poverty. Population change was weighted at 40%, people in the workforce at 10%, median household income at 10%, people without health insurance at 15%, median commute times at 15%, and percent of people in poverty at 10%.

Based on this data, the ten worst cities in the United States are:

1. Gary, IN
  2. Port Arthur, TX
  3. Detroit, MI
  4. Passaic, NJ
  5. Newark, NJ
  6. Pine Bluff, AR
  7. Flint, MI
  8. Camden, MI
  9. Warren, OH
  10. Huntington Park, CA …”