What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai from Chiang Mai

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice kickarse ;) They are looking great, getting ready for the flowering soon ?
Are you growing the GT 3rd version regular or feminized ?

kickarse

Nice kickarse ;) They are looking great, getting ready for the flowering soon ?
Are you growing the GT 3rd version regular or feminized ?

Thanks dubi, I went to 12/12 yesterday, keep them in the small pots for now,
the tent is only 200 cm, wont have room to spread them out,
tents already full

got them outside in the sun or in the tent under 1000w hps, depends on the weather, in the tent for 12 hours dark,
finish them in the middle of summer

they're regs from the RD section, lovely plants to grow,
will take some cuttings and run them outside in the sun till they're done

Have got me eye on them breeders packs :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi kickarse,

Thanks friend :) Eager to see your progresses with GT 3rd version!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Upcoming Thai Chiang Mai hybrid releases

Upcoming Thai Chiang Mai hybrid releases

Hi :wave:

I'm pleased to announce that beside the recent Thai Chi release (Thai Chiang Mai x Kali China) we are also going to release next year 2 new pure sativa Thai Chiang Mai hybrids:
Golden Tiger 3rd version and Thai x Panama ;) Stay tuned early next year for the new releases!

chiesesganja

Hi :wave:

I'm pleased to announce that beside the recent Thai Chi release (Thai Chiang Mai x Kali China) we are also going to release next year 2 new pure sativa Thai Chiang Mai hybrids:
Golden Tiger 3rd version and Thai x Panama ;) Stay tuned early next year for the new releases!

2020 project

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
The high starts gentle at the beginning, like not feeling very high then suddenly i realize that i'm trying to wear 2 pants at the same time Wow, this 'ugly' sativa really hits! :)

Definately creeper effect that becomes complex, trippy, sensorial, thought provoking (quite deeply intense) that gets stronger and stronger until reach the peak around 1-1.5 hours, then becomes more dreamy and relaxed (both in the mind and body). Surprisingly good, strong, long lasting and complex for a P1 SE asian landrace.

Koh Chang Thai is much more refreshing, uplifting, friendly, happy, completely feel good sativa effect, without hangover or relaxed post effect.

Hmong thai from Cannabiogen it's without any doubt the most nervous and electric thai from the three.

mmm i keep finding myself going back to read that chiang mai description, sounds absolutely astonishing.

koh chang x chiang mai sounds like it would be my ultimate smoke...

uplifting, feel-good, sensory trippy thought-provoking creeper pot?

(homer simpson daydreaming about pink frosted donuts)

—————

hey dubi, how does meao thai rank in all of this? double-thai is like a rainbow unicorn legend around here...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi nepalnt21,

Meao Thai has a very electric, nervous, thought provoking effect, probably the coldest in effect between these 3 Thais. Koh Chang is my favorite one for friendly, positive, refreshing, extremely well focused warm Thai effects although some strong Koh Chang hybrids like Golden Tiger 2.0 Koh Chang leaning phenos are very trippy. Chiang Mai has all the classic Thai terpenes and effects but shorter flowering time so she is very convenient to develop easier to grow direct Thai hybrids of moderate flowering times.

We may revist Double Thai F1 in short term. Will keep you updated on our new Thai breeding projects when the projects are more advanced.
Thanks for your interest :yes:

Phrenos

Hi nepalnt21,

Meao Thai has a very electric, nervous, thought provoking effect, probably the coldest in effect between these 3 Thais. Koh Chang is my favorite one for friendly, positive, refreshing, extremely well focused warm Thai effects although some strong Koh Chang hybrids like Golden Tiger 2.0 Koh Chang leaning phenos are very trippy. Chiang Mai has all the classic Thai terpenes and effects but shorter flowering time so she is very convenient to develop easier to grow direct Thai hybrids of moderate flowering times.

We may revist Double Thai F1 in short term. Will keep you updated on our new Thai breeding projects when the projects are more advanced.
Wooo!!! Good news!!! I hope to see new developments soon! Good luck ACE team!

Knop

suggestion
it would be interesting to see

Double Thai ( Chiang Mai/Ko Chang)
Triple Thai (Koh Chang Thai / Hmong Thai)xChiang Mai
Hi nepalnt21,

Gandalb

suggestion

I agree with you. I triple Thai would be a good project to work on.
Double Thai (fem version) was one of the most special effect I've ever enjoyed. Powerful, clear, a positive mental effect... Simply perfect.
I'm looking forward to hearing from Dubi something about a new double Thai or something similar.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Knop,

Double Thai limited edition released more than 10 years ago was Koh Chang female x Meao Thai male. So Triple Thai would be Chiang Mai x Double Thai. We are still trying to germinate the old Double Thai F1 seeds, unfortunately without much success, hopefully some will pop up so we can retake this Double Thai projects, fortunately we keep 2 Golden Tiger Thai leaning females which are half Double Thai.

suggestion

Hi Gandalb,

Double Thai was only released in regular format, although it had a very high female ratio as it happens with pure Thais and other extreme tropical sativas.
You are descrinbing Koh Chang effects, glad you liked it so much ;)

Grover Sativa

Hi Knop,

Double Thai limited edition released more than 10 years ago was Koh Chang female x Meao Thai male. So Triple Thai would be Chiang Mai x Double Thai. We are still trying to germinate the old Double Thai F1 seeds, unfortunately without much success, hopefully some will pop up so we can retake this Double Thai projects, fortunately we keep 2 Golden Tiger Thai leaning females which are half Double Thai.

Hi dubster,

You Ok? I did have luck sprouting Double Thai last year (as you know)
and made a repro that I am very happy with (with your help and guidance, as you will remember.) In fact, I am smoking Double Thai right now!!

The female has exactly the effects described here (a couple posts ago)
and was very Koh Chang leaning and the male was an exceptional stud who was extremely Meao Thai leaning. It is a faithful repro. I believe my seeds were f2s and not the original f1s but I can't be totally sure. They were from 2011, 2012 or 2013, I think...

I got at least 100 seeds from the repro and you are welcome to them, Dubi. I can send them to you in the usual way if you like?

You will find great Thai parental in there, to remake a classic, I am sure. Personally, I love the high of Double Thai and the taste is straight-up old skool Thai. What is not to love? It is a classic of our time. I am glad I saved this old line now. With a bit of work, we can get this back out to the masses. It does deserve it.

I also crossed the male to a typical 'lemon cheesecake' Panama (Cheesecake Thai) and the female to 2 stud-like Bangi Haze males (quick Thai.) I know, not relevant but interesting anyway!

Let me know, fella..

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Grover Sativa,

Thanks a lot for the offer, much appreciated :) Glad you are enjoying with the outcome of your Double Thai seeds.

Yes, yours were F2, a small repro i did in 2011 from the original F1 seeds. A trick to recognize different phenos from your F2 seeds: plants with reddish colors lean towards Meao Thai male, usually the Meao Thai leaning phenos have a very nervous eletric effect, while the fully green expressions of greater yield and of kinder uplifting effects are Koh Chang phenos.

I still haven't lose the hope to be able to germinate some seeds from the original Double Thai F1 seeds. I'm dying to find a good female and male from the F1s for breeding.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
According to Phylos the Chiang Mai that Ace has is practically the same thing as Thai stick. One of the pure ones. I would love to see these in some form close to the original. Triple Thai.. that would be something.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi,

Working on the pure Thai Chiang Mai repro. A video uploaded to IG:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO_G6eFqHMq/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

dozens of females (and a few clones) being pollinated by a few selected males in an indoor controlled environment.

After 5 weeks of 11/13, Thai females are just starting to flower, while the males are much more advanced as expected, most of them already spreading pollen profusely.

Some pics too.

Attachments

• photo2046309.jpg
    photo2046309.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 104
  • photo2046310.jpg
    photo2046310.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 100
  • photo2046311.jpg
    photo2046311.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 95
  • photo2046312.jpg
    photo2046312.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 95
  • photo2046312.jpg
    photo2046312.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 93

LostTribe

Premium user
Hi,

Working on the pure Thai Chiang Mai repro. A video uploaded to IG:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO_G6eFqHMq/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

dozens of females (and a few clones) being pollinated by a few selected males in an indoor controlled environment.

After 5 weeks of 11/13, Thai females are just starting to flower, while the males are much more advanced as expected, most of them already spreading pollen profusely.

Some pics too.

Must Have!!!!! Sweet!