What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai from Chiang Mai

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi,

The Thai Chiang Mai dried and cured flowers (for a year!) display classic spicy, woody, lemony thai aromas, touches of green tea too.

The high starts gentle at the beginning, like not feeling very high then suddenly i realize that i'm trying to wear 2 pants at the same time Wow, this 'ugly' sativa really hits! :)

Definately creeper effect that becomes complex, trippy, sensorial, thought provoking (quite deeply intense) that gets stronger and stronger until reach the peak around 1-1.5 hours, then becomes more dreamy and relaxed (both in the mind and body). Surprisingly good, strong, long lasting and complex for a P1 SE asian landrace.

You can find more info about Thai Chiang Mai's cannabinoid and terpene profiles here:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7782293&postcount=6

Koh Chang Thai is much more refreshing, uplifting, friendly, happy, completely feel good sativa effect, without hangover or relaxed post effect.

Hmong thai from Cannabiogen it's without any doubt the most nervous and electric thai from the three.

My favourite remains Koh Chang Thai, that's why i'm bringing so much the recent Golden Tiger breeding towards phenos of stronger Koh Chang Thai influence.

Kush_Kloud

Hi Dubi will you be releasing your Thai Chiang Mai pure any time in the future? I like the resin content on your Thai Chiang Mai plants, the cannabinoids and terpenoids are pretty fair also. :) Respect!

KK

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Kush_Kloud,

It's not easy to find a good non hermie male in these SE asian sativa lines to breed with, so by now i'm doing mainly Chiang Mai outcrosses (like Thai x Kali China F4) with the selected Thai Chiang Mai commented mother, until I can find a good thai male from the same line (or closest as possible) to reproduce her in pure form.

Thanks for your interest! dubi

ULMW

Looking forward to running this cross Dubi. Thai is such a treasure in the sativa family.

ULMW

Hi Kush_Kloud,

It's not easy to find a good non hermie male in these SE asian sativa lines to breed with, so by now i'm doing mainly Chiang Mai outcrosses (like Thai x Kali China F4) with the selected Thai Chiang Mai commented mother, until I can find a good thai male from the same line (or closest as possible) to reproduce her in pure form.

Thanks for your interest! dubi

Greetings Dubi,
Thanks for the post and info always . Was wondering do you have any times for the Thai x Kalichina F4 Elite fems ? did the Kalichina speed up the Thai maturation ? Really looking forward to this particular run. Thai is so special and memorable. Thanks for all you do. More Powers to you and all at Ace seeds

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thai Chiang Mai outdoors early September

Thai Chiang Mai outdoors early September

The Thai Chiang Mai mother growing happily until autumn equinox, then she will get ready for the flowering and to produce the third Golden Tiger fem version, by being pollinated with the New Killer Malawi (reversed pollen).

Attachments

• Thai Chiang Mai early September.jpg
    Thai Chiang Mai early September.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 97

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Yeah it still won't go for some reason even though international is on... did a order from oaseed n tried next day and wouldnt work on there or any foreign

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
The Chiang Mai from seed was chopped down ... there's a nice floral, lemony perfume aroma in the room.

This thai is a good representation of the classic green SE Asia tropical sativa phenotype that i have experienced many times when growing seeds from different pure landrace sativas from Vietnam, Thailand and Cambodia.

Of course, there are variations in quality and flowering time within this well spread green SE Asian phenotype, but they all share traits (appearance, aromas, structures, effects, overall feeling) that makes this phenotype is easy to recognize.

Laotian sativas are a bit different, the ones i experienced had quite strong pigmentation, flowers were denser, and the effect and taste was different to the classic green SE Asian pheno.

Chiang Mai and Luang Prabang looks relatively close in the map, but all this area is very mountainous and the roads are not very good .... with frequent landslides (especially in the rainy season) so it's slow (and sometimes dangerous) to travel from one place to other.

From Vientiane to Luang Prabang the trip takes around 9 hours on a bus.
If you start from Chiang Mai then it could take 1 day and a half to reach LP by bus.

There are also domestic flights that will take you there in 1 hour, but they are usually expensive and you will lose the chance to experience the small laotian villages and its people on the way.

I have a question if you dont mind, I was traveling north and got maybe a half ounce of what was written on the bag is Red Thai and that it was from chaing Mai.

Had a few nice buds but mostly lower wispy budlet loaded with seeds. Keep the seeds. and a local showed me a method of making a tea and the red thai turned the water reddish purple?

you have experience with Red Thai?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Headbandf1,

Glad you managed to score some interesting seeds in Chiang Mai area :)

The Thai Chiang Mai mother we use lately in our breeding belongs to what i like to call the classic green SE asian sativa phenotype, widely spread on Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Southern Laos .... the Hmong Thai male that came from Cannabiogen and that we used in our first Thai hybrids 10 years ago was slightly reddish and also came (as far as i know) from northern Thailand, and produced super electric effects in their hybrids, for example: our old Purple Haze x Thai limited edition had the purple colors of the Purple Haze and the reddish colors from that Meao/Hmong Thai male when grown outdoors.

All (and the best) colorful SE asian sativas i have experienced in my travels in the area came from northern Laos, from Van Vieng, passing by Luang Prabang and even northern to the most remote laotian mountains close to chinese and vietnamese border, there are VERY special sativas there.

The only way to know more about the seeds you mention as Red Thai is to grow them by yourself in a good climate to their best potential. If you do it, please keep us updated :)

Latest posts

Latest posts