What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hawaiian purple kush??? any info?

so, i just got a nice lookin cut called hawaiian purple kush. at first i was thinking it was a reeferman strain, just sounded like something he would make but his purple kush was the early purple kush i remembered and not hawaiian pk.

so searching google the only info i can find is its hawaiian sativa x purple kush and goes by hpk as well.

anyone heard of it or ran it before? is it a clone only?

any info would be nice cuz i like to know everything about the cuts i run no matter how stupid some of the stories are. its all interesting to me still.

and i got a feeling this will be a good one especially if it purples up cuz i need something good for the purple dept. (the sample buds i saw were purple and dank but were tiny bottom of the bag nugs so hard to tell)

thanks for any help yall.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
maybe im crazy but i thought there was a hpk going around on the sandiegos finest thread circa 2007 or 2008

ima go check, thats prolly a mean ass thread. might take me a few days but should be fun.. and its cool to see what all the hype was about back in 07.

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey if im wrong at leats i was trying lol
i seem to remember caligreen w it.....
idk
curious what you find

yes, its clone only. aka rainbow kush. no, she doesnt turn purple..although the leaves do. i let her go 60. super tasty. medium yielder. enjoy

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dk13= hpk x ????, i've got a pack in storage. there was another on ther server fund a month or two ago but either got snagged or timed out.

i was just gonna come in here and say i was on page 75 and havent seen it yet but was gonna just talk about thread when i looked back while this was loading and saw someone post they just got it in flower so im about to get into the rest of the posts. the name of the person is guest so i assume it was someone that deleted their account or got banned. but the next pages will hold what im looking for im sure. thanks for the help gs, youre an icmag encyclapedia. im sure we all appreciate your participation in these threads greatly.

but i did wanna state how far those san diegos finest threads have come. and how far we've all come.. back then it seemed like most people were rocking whatever cuts ape was putting out, and some folks had a few different strains they've had for a while. a few had og kush's.. thats how it was then.. clones werent as easily accesssible then. especially the good ones.. people held em close but now cuts are everywhere, even the best ones so everybodies got em. the san diegos finest threads now hold some of the best cuts on the forum..

and its funny how everyone back then had bullrider and p91 and even hawgsbreath, mentioning they got the hb at a collective. now some of those cuts are really hard to get and only a few people still have them. especially the p91 as i understand is not an easy cut to get anymore. even though this was only 4-5 years ago, times change and a lot is different now.

its fun going back and checking old threads. that was a good idea, thanks.

i wish og still had archives somewhere.

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dude sweet!!!!
Im glad im good for something. Shit haha
Really glad thats in there.
Those threads are important in the history of cannabis growing and sharing. Some straight gangsters on the regular down south...

That's got to be my boys post you saw
I want to say long ago that he told me he had made a trade in which the hpk was sent to sandiego with some other stuff but he never fulfilled his obligation to the originator. Itd be great to help clear my boys debt (hint hint hpk supplier to dago)

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
hola bromigosans...

hola bromigosans...

:tiphat:its still around folks..i sent a clone to colorado for safe keeping..as far as i know its still alive and kicking & I think i saw it at this babes deck flowering 2wks. ago....icmag gallery is down tried to look for pix of HPK ..Hope this helps...

edit: its also known as "Rainbow Kush" i have pix of it in my gallery somewhere..

Last edited:
yeah it was caligreen that posted the hpk in that thread.. wish he was still around, or at least under a different name. he didnt post much but enough to know its worth keeping and checking out. a good pic of a bomb looking bud and he said it had amazing flavor and tasted just like skittles. thats enough to put a smile on my face. i love flavor.

doesnt seem like it purples up much but seems to retain the flavors of the purple, like skittles.

ill keep my eyes peeled for rainbow kush as well. that hawaiian sativa must have been bomb.

and if mine doesnt turn out fake then its definitely still around for sure and ill keep it around and have it for anybody that needs it. i hate to see good ones dissapear. ive tossed a lot of rarities that i cant find anymore to make room for og's. stupid mistakes.

thanks for all the help everyone.

how about that?

how about that?

dk13= hpk x ????, i've got a pack in storage. there was another on ther server fund a month or two ago but either got snagged or timed out.

I'm just browsing along checking out random ICmag threads and I find this. I got the pack at the end of July.
picture.php

Not even sure why I selected it. I pmed PhilCuisine about it after I bought it about the make up. By the way, good looking on those Phil. When I pop them I'll be sure to do a grow log.

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice score there Dr. Hustleton.
DK13....HPK x (airborne g13 x (white russian x black domina)
Is this correct?

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
I have others im trying to grow out...

I have others im trying to grow out...

:tiphat:i have a few new ones this grow season..Matanuska Thunder Piss & and Schrom crossed with Ms.Ogress..i was also given some Pine Tar Kush seeds...was given a clone of Black Russian & Green Love Potion...Hope this helps.:tongue: .

EDIT: i just chopped my IB Wreck strain...real deal Indiana Bubblegum x O'wreck...potent & sugar coated as a MoFo

Last edited:
glad you did work with that hpk. the dk13 sounds like a nice and potent strain. i take it the hpk doesnt purp up really but retains the flavors of a purple? is that true? and skittles would be an appropriate description of flavor? does it stink or is the smell more mellow? i love stinky buds that stink up the building when you walk in. :)

what is matanuska thunder piss? mtf x catpiss? that sounds nice and stinky if thats the case. if the mtf smells anything like my atf then its a stinker of some of the best smells in marijuana, crossed with the catpiss its gotta be extremely loud.

good luck on those grows, they sounds tasty.

Latest posts

Latest posts