What's new

ECSD, C99 (from seed), FFA day 50

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, summer's here in full force. This is always the hardest time of year to grow indoors. I'm sure it's tough for many of you, too.

Now that the Powdery Mildew surprise is under control, all that's left is keeping temps and humidity down until the summer breaks and fall steps in, with it's dry air, and perfect growing temperatures. :) I don't know about you guys, but fall is my favorite time of year. It's a great time in general, but for indoor growers, it's time to get down to serious growing!

I have some pictures here of Sour Diesel (ECSD clone), FFA, and some C99 I sprouted for shits and giggles. Sour Diesel and FFA are two of the regulars in my garden, one or the other is ALWAYS in rotation here. The other must-have plant (not shown here) is Chemdog D.

I recently was lucky enough to get my hands on Krome's "The White", which should provide some great shows in the very near future. :wink: I'm also starting to grow my way through ALL the famous OGKush cuts, one by one, to finally get that out of the way and move beyond the OG hype. It's funny, I can't wait to grow these OGs... but not because of the smoke, but because I want to be done with them and forget them. The controversy, and pride, and egos, and BS surrounding them is a real turn-off. Time to find some new elites, eh?

Anyhow, here's three phenotypes of the new C99 ladies.
20C99_7-12-08_1.JPG

20C99_7-12-08_2.JPG

20C99_7-12-08_3.JPG

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Free For All - FFA

Free For All - FFA

Here's the lady I love. :) Don't tell my wife! :smile: But it's alright, she loves this lady too!

This is Free For All, or FFA for short. many of you have heard of this bud, but not many have tried it yet. When grown PROPERLY, you'll never forget her. This is a grower's plant. Growing her is a pleasure. Fast, furious, and interesting to witness in flower. The bulbous calyx structure is really fun to watch as it develops... especially since it happens so fast.

20FFA_7-12-08_1.JPG

20FFA_7-12-08_2.JPG

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sour Diesel :)

Sour Diesel :)

One of the outstanding legends of the cannabis world.

Here she is is all her glory. These plants are making nice, fat, yieldy buds. :) Even with the summer heat outside. :)

The last picture is of Sour Diesel (left) and FFA (right) standing next to each other for comparison. VERY similar look. :)
20SD_7-12-08_2.JPG

20SD_7-12-08_1.JPG

20SD_7-12-08_3.JPG

20SD_and_FFA_7-12-08_1.JPG

BlazeTheSky

Fantastic! That FFA really resembles Sour Diesel, i think it's the fat calyxes! Looks to be some killer smoke my friend, enjoy, keep us updated!

K+

-BtS

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks. :)

FYI, the C99 plants are all only about 1.5-2 feet tall, and in 1/2 gallon of soil. Tiny plants. I am only growing them to select a mother... Which I found. The mom was selected for her flavor, nothing else. The cutting is already rooted. :) it smells a lot like the Genius mother, but with larger buds and a better structure.

And... the rest of the plants pictured are all about up to my chin... I'm about 6 foot tall. :)

BlazeTheSky

nice! what mother did you select? the third picture you posted of the C99 looks like a great mother, the structure, frostiness and size would surely get my vote! but since you selected purely on taste, what were you looking for? hows the stretch?

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The mom

The mom

This is the C99 mother I selected. I didn't show it in the first set of pictures because she was in the back of the room.

I just got another smell from her... Pineapples all the way. The Genius is close, but this one has a PRONOUNCED happy-ass pineapple smell. SOOOOO Dank! :)

20C99_keeper_mom_first_run_pineapple.jpg

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
lookin good CC!
interesting take on the OGs. I can't fault ya for feelin how ya do, though if any of them need a good home when you're done... :wave:

just kidding.............but seriously :rasta:

M

manchild

They are very lovely(FFA).I understand what you are saying about all the different ogs.Reminds me of the same hysteria about Sour Diesel.Great pics either or... :rant:

Dragor

CComposer You always do such a professional job man, mad props, and these ladies are some of your finest looking, eye popping! Sweet ass genetics dude... you created that FFA cross? It looks like a thicker version of sour diesel with extra whip cream on top, I can see how it's your and your wifey's fav lady ever haha :) C99 select mom looks topnotch as well, thanks for puttin 'em up, lookin fwd to more brah - peace

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
heyCC>> great lookn plants,,,as always. How long ya normaly veg out that FFA?? ,, she sure loves veg time,, gets big VERY quick,, she just made the jump inna flower a few days ago>>so once she starts showin some cleavage,, ill return with some centerfolds :muahaha: :muahaha: keep it ez brotha.-BhT

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
Nice comparison shots on the ECSD and FFa...very close indeeed...mmmmm cindy mom looks frosty....nice CC................bring on tha White......Mm

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
manchild, well, Sour Diesel is some great smoke, and it yields well enough to keep running it, which is important. It can be a little impotent before 10-11 weeks of flower, but if you get it ripe, it's some great smoke indeed.

bensittinback, The clone is getting around fast, nowadays. Hopefully it keeps travelling as fast as it has so far. If you have a friend with FFA, don't be afraid to ask for it, since it's FREE FOR ALL! hehehe

Dragor, Thanks, bro. :) FFA was a Reservoir creation. I grew out twenty OGK Abusive x Massachussetts Super Skunk beans and found several truly amazing phenotypes in the bunch. FFA was the most amazing-looking of them. :) it IS similar to Sour Diesel because it is basically a slightly ammended version of the original recipe Sour Diesel plant. Sour Diesel's mother was also MSS, and the dad was a ChemD, or so the story goes.

AS for the C99 mom, she smells so good. I am as happy as I could be about this selection. Another reason I'm so happy is... check this out... I cloned a bud from her lower branches, and it rooted in only one week! And the roots are popping out the top of the rockwool cube. VIGOROUS.

BiG H3rB Tr3E, Well, I flower my FFAs at about 18-24". if I let them get to 24", they HAVE to be very well topped. I can get away with a shorter plant if it's not topped once in veg. I top EVERY plant at the 4th or 5th internode when they're still youngins, in their beer cups, then again a couple weeks ahead of flowering.

FFA does stretch a fair bit, but again, with proper prunning, she can be flowered pretty tall.

MOneYMiKe, Yup, White is next. ;) It'll be a few months before she's ready for the big show, but you'll know when she's ready. :) I'd like to get some White flowered up to about 4-4.5 foot tall, with floweres sagging all over the place! hehehe can't wait.

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Awesome job on those, you can almost smell that diesel. Just had some diesel cross's for the first time the other day, now I'm a diesel lover lol.... That FFA is one sweet looking lady, great job man.

B/R

M

MeltingPot

CC, your summer will be no bummer...We have similar seasonal tastes...I put C99xECSD and the Sour itself into flower on the 25th of June...I need the FFA, she is a hottie...So unreal how genes work...Um...Keep doing yer thing, and give us a flavor description of the FFA...get poetic w/ it.
(Chem 91 x MSS/NL) X D.N.L = ECSD...as the story goes =+)

Last edited: