What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Brown leaf tips

Bozo

Liquid Karma is great stuff it will replace 3 outa 4 of the things you listed Humic,Fulvic and it also has seaweed extract .Piranha is spendy good replacement would be hydrogaurd .You can replace the carbolaod with molasis to add starchs and sugars that will also feed the hydrogaurd and help with the micro herd .AN makes good stuff but alot of it is already out there cheaper and often times better I do like the sensizyme for breaking down dead root matter thou great product decent price

Queso45

I'm using RO water, and I just checked for bugs and didn't find any. I'll check my PH next time I water.

So I should pick one of those that you listed? For example, I could use my Iguana bloom juice and Cal-Mag and that would be enough?

Or should I get all of those that you listed?
What did you mean about potassium? Should I get that too?

I have a feeling this spotty problem is PH related because I haven't checked my PH in a while.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
You can get any one of them, I would not get them all, but i would most definatly pick cal mag since your using RO water,micro blast has all micro nutes, but no calcium.... if it did, earthjuice would be a good way to go.... you may be having a calcium problem, try getting some cal mag and add that with every watering.

Use around 4 ml per gallon of water for now since they may be deficient. And 2 to 3 ml of it every watering.
Most likely that is where your spotting is coming from, lack of calcium, calcium starts on the leaf edges just like potassium does, but notice how on the lead edges the spotting is back from the razor tip? potassium can start like that but when it does you get yellowing, so it normally affected the razor tip, not the back part, so this would tell me it may be leaning more towards a calcium issue than potassium. Given the fact they have only been in there few days tops, theres no way the plant has had a chance to swing into bloom that fast and require bloom nutes and have a potassium problem.

Queso45

When I watered until runoff yesterday, I checked the PH to see it is sitting at 6.5-7 .... so its not a PH issue.

I took some pictures of another plant today showing what I believe will confirm your suspicion of a magnesium deficiency. I also mixed up 4 gallons of RO water with 4 ml/gal of Cal-Mag... I will use it next watering.

Here are the pictures of my other plant.

I also am fairly certain that this plant is a male

would you say this is 100% definitely male? :badday:

Last edited:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
The 3rd pic from the right is color changing; that is phosphorus lockout when they change purple; what are your night time temps? Looks like colder or cooler temps when lights are off; I would not bother with the purple changing; this happens a lot.

And for the bottom 3; yes they are 100% male all 3 of the pics... CHop it time if you don't want to breed!

Queso45

Thanks for the confirmation on the male. I chopped it this morning and then I took pictures of my other two suspected males.
I'm planning on chopping these tomorrow... I just wanted to see if you could confirm it again for me.

Queso45

Hey Stitch,
I'm going to give my plants their first dose of nutrients at next watering. I currently have 2.5 ml per gallon of Iguana Bloom mixed with 2 ml per gallon of cal-mag. I was wondering if you could tell me how much Microblast I should mix in? My plants are at day 14 of flower.

Queso45

The bottle says that 2 tsp is a strong mix for the earth juice. Should I be starting off strong with the micronutrients?

Google says that there are 9.8 ml in 2 tsp... so did you maybe mis-type something?

I'm going to give it 5ml per gallon of water for now... I'm sure that has to be the right number.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Yes, I did mistype it, 2 tsp is what I used to use every 2 weeks, your plants need micronutrients so start off with that and back off to 1 tsp per gallon

5ml/4 liters of water.

Sorry about the typo :(

Queso45

Ok stitch I now have some gallons of water on my shelf with microblast, cal-mag, and Iguana Bloom. But the PH of this solution is WAY too low (below 4). The microblast is severely dropping the PH level.

My bottles of water that only have cal-mag and Iguana Bloom are 6.5 -- so I had to water with this today. I would like to give my plants some microblast at my next watering, but I need to raise the PH level.

I've heard about stuff called PH up and PH down.... is this only for hydro growers?

Also, I've been watering every 5 days for about the past month. I know you're supposed to give nutrients once per week, so should I use the nutrient water every other watering? Or would this not be enough nutrients? Because my pots are 5 gallons I can't really water until runoff without giving them enough water for almost a week.

My current plan is to use this nutrient water every time I water (5 days). It has 5ml Iguana Bloom, 2.5 ml cal-mag, and it will have microblast in it when I can adjust the PH.

Can you please tell me if this schedule is okay or not?

Bubble your nute mix with an aquarium bubbler for 48hrs...It will help stabilize pH as well as give much needed oxygen to the microherd of beneficials in your juice.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Let your nutrients sit out, or like rcky said, bubble them. The pH will rise, you have to give it 24 hours before it does though. can u post pics on how big they are now?

What '
soil mixture are they in? sorry I forgot..... been a while :)

Queso45

My plants are in a 50/50 mix of Ocean Forest/Light Warrior. Here are some pictures from day 17 of flowering:

I opened the top of the gallon jugs today and plan on letting them stay open for a day or so... I guess if the PH doesn't rise within a few days I'll get something to bubble it with.

I'm considering buying another 400 watt light tomorrow... or a dehumidifier. If my humidity stays around 40%, its not really necessary for a humidifier right? Am I wrong to assume that I could gain 50% more yield if I added another 400 watt?

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Ya, 40% is about where you want it, no more than 45%.
It all depends, adding more light will boost yield no doubt, but you have to also learn how to prune your plants and level them for a nice even colas and getting rid of smaller branches before flowering stuff like that. Lighting does not just the sole cause of a good yield, it's one piece of the puzzle.
How is the side branching on the plants.... you also have to have a light mover sometimes depending on how thick your plants are and how close together.

Queso45

My plants are really close together right now... there are definitely some bud-sites that are covered by other plants. I believe this would be fixed by adding another light so I could space them out. The side branching is pretty cool to see right now-the only problem i might say is that the branches are definitely stretching. My plants are pretty much horizontal though. There are side branches from the bottom of the plant that are just as high as the top branches.

There are definitely a lot of leaves that I would like to clip out of the way, but I don't want to be getting rid of too many. If I adhere to the rule of "if it's blocking a bud-site I'll clip it" will that be okay? I have a feeling I might be clipping like 20 or so leaves off of 3 plants.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
If the branches are stretching then you defiantly need more lighting or light needs to be closer. Nitrogen, too much of it aggravates the stretching too, so if you are using nitrogen cut back on it a little bit if the extra lighting does not stop the stretching. I would try to keep as many leaves as possible on the plant, if you have to move them, use paper clips. If you have no other choice and it's blocking a very good bud site then clip it. Those leaves act like a food storage and help the area for growing the bud sites, when you remove leaves from an area you are also removing it's food storage and energy to help keep the bud sites and area alive.

Queso45

So I've added another 400w light to my room now, and my plants are starting to look pretty tasty. However, my bagseed looks like it might have a calcium deficiency?

I've watered my plants twice with nutrient water. The feedings were 5 days apart from each other (its how often I've been watering).
Feeding #1: 5ml/gal Iguana Bloom, 4 ml/gal cal-mag
Feeding #2: 5ml/gal Iguana Bloom, 2.5 ml cal-mag, 10 ml/gal Microblast

Only my Northern Lights bagseed is showing these rusty colored spots. Here she is at day 24:

Is it okay for me to give nutrient water every 5 days or is that too much too often?

Last edited: