What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Growth Yellows in my Hydro Hut?

streetgreen

i too recieved an email today and they asked me if i had chrome poles or powder coated poles,but i have neither they seem as if they are unpolished stanless steel,but they said they are going to ship me some new poles.

G

I emailed them, and apparently the Deluxe got shipped separately from the 4x2 poles I received. He said the ones I received were "washed" and the 8x4 poles will be the new powdered white ones. Whatever... it better work.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
This just proves then that it IS and has something to do with the galvanized steel just like I thought all along.......

It has to be something that is coming off of them when the tent is shut and the temps get a little warm for long periods.......

other wise if it was not a problem the company would never let peeps have FREE stuff.... at least they do give you replacements thats cool.

Odie-O

i can try to get you some picture's of the pole's.need to see if my daughter has any disc or film for the digital camera.not sure what it use's.

they kinda look like tent pole's if you know what i mean.the all metal one's from back in the day when i was a youngster.not sure of the material there made from though.

G

Just received my brand new Deluxe hut... they sent me a complete new one, canvas plus poles. I applaud their customer service.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
lol, see stifler, if the company did not know something was up; they would nOt be sending any free stuff period lol.

So they are aware of the problem, someone needs to ask them what is up with the poles so I can know about this!

MedResearcher

Veteran
I think your probably on the right track Stich.

When you weld on galvanized steel you have to wear a respirator because the fumes from the steel are DEADLY.
:fsu:

Im guessing that maybe the intense light and or a combination of the heat/humidity is making the galvanized steel release some slight fumes, which are either choking or upseting the chemistry of the plants.

Just a nice foliar spray of deadly galvanized steel fumes to keep everything green.

Thanks HydroHut :bashhead:

bld01

Hi all,

I think I have the problem discussed here.

I bought one homebox and i never succed to grow GREEn plant inside it. I have also two boxe's homemade with wood for mother plants and inside them all is perfect.

A friend gave me à bubbledelicious plant strang and green. after 24h hours in my box, this plant turns pale green in the center and 48h again all the center is yellow.

the light is an hps 400, I have a 330m³/h extractor, a intractor, a fan, everything is perfect to grow cannabis but.....everything turns yellow....

I tried to find the reason of that and i found this topic.

Some of you tells that's probably due to the white pvc inside the box. Can you confirm that and it is a way to resolve this problems ?

thanks a lot,

bld01

EDIT -> Check my gallery to see the pictures of the plant.

PS : sorry for my approximative english language.

Last edited:
It could be the pvc plastic, or it could be the steel poles...either way, you would need manufacturing specs (ie - the MSDS reports - Materials, Saftey, and Data Sheet) It rates all materials on several different aspects, including: Health hazards (human), toxicity, flammability, Reactivity, etc).

Im not sure if these are available to the public? Im sure there's probably a way to find out who actually manufactures these tents.

Also - I wonder if there are other people having problems with the other "grow tents"
out there? I bring this up because the basic design seems to be the same, the only difference ive noticed is that the trim along the canvas exterior is brightly colored on some other brands. Perhaps there is only one manufacturer for all of these and the companies are changing slight details to set themselves apart? However, i have not seen the interior of any other tents besides my own H-hut, so i could be totally wrong.

Anyways, just a thought...

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Ya, I agree you would need there details; but one thing is sounded like it is the poles is from this; the poles are now painted a white powder like they do with bird cages; they make them out of steel or whatever different companies make and to make it safe to the birds they wash it down and put a powder coat or different kind of coating depending on the expense of the bird cage and company......

Kings cages does this; my bird has a king's cage so I know how they make there bird cages.

A lot of cages are toxic to birds, the zinc levels in the steel is what makes them sick;

anyways

:rant:

So a 400 watt light; think of how close the lumens are to the steel; even if it's 75 F in there the lumen's are strong at that closeness so something has to be coming off very quickly and very potently; for plants to change within 24 hours...... has to be airborne.

So, the company obviously knows there is a problem; but since they are giving away new poles and sometimes new huts depending on if they make the poles for the huts..... the problem is mostly the poles; but may be some times the huts themselves are a contributer depending on the size you get.......
I betting some of them were made differently; but I am sure it revolves around the poles being the culprit... something some kind of fume is not appealing to the plant; if this was not true; why would washing them well with warm water and bleach solve the problem? Has to be some left over chemical or vapor coming off the poles......

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Yup dude, you got the hydrohut poisoning :D

Scroll back 1 or 2 pages; stiflersmom gave out the email addy where you got to contact them from in getting new poles......

I bet hydrohut is kicking themselves now; cause peeps know about it and now everyone is telling them to contact the company and I bet they are scratching there heads wondering wth is all these peeps knowing about these free poles from!

bld01

hello,

when you talking about "poles", it means the part with three holes, used to make a corner with the tubes? If it's that, the "poles" of my box made with some kind of pvc white and little transparent. The metal tube are covered by a white paint. Also I notice a strong smell of plastic in this damned box.

thx for help

bld01

Last edited:

s0cK3y3

bld01 I have the polished stainless looking ones - jeezus i cant wait until I can get home and pull them from the Deluxe and put into the Mini 4x4'.

Pretty weak that the HydroHut manufacturer still sells these to shops & vendors IMHO. If I find out they have known about these and are still shipping them, I am going to submit an Attorney General complaint. I am pissed something like this would go down.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Well at least they are giving them, but only upon request; so hydro companies a lot of them are bogus....... they should at least post something to the hydro shop owners but they don't to try to keep there cost's down and let people who already have them keep them and hopefully they won't complain and we get off and save money. This is the way they are thinking...... only give out poles to those who ask; this helps them keep there costs down tremendously! It is shady; I would only think Pharma companies do this tactic and other dirty industry type people.... but hell now that I think about it as long as they think they can get away with it; they are all for it!

s0cK3y3

geezus christ this is a problem. I grow chili's and roma tomatoes in my Deluxe HH....i have been ingesting this shit?

(not really) :cuss:

G

is this the same for homebox's???????????????? my plants have been green for months are they all the sudden gonna die?

lovebushes

I E-mailed the company again asking them again what exactly the problem is but i tjink they are mad @ me because they are getting blown up since I first contacted them or something. I will know soon if the new powdercoated poles solved the problem and I will post results.

Latest posts

Latest posts