What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Growth Yellows in my Hydro Hut?

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
local hydrostore replaced my 4x4 hydrohut with a 4x4habitat. have yet to have a chance to set it up to test it...... from reading here tho.... I doubt the change in brand will fix it.

Bubble Puppy said:
Well lets think outside the box ,i don' t own a hydro hut ,but if i was stuck with one with all these problems .."What would i do? ......I would buy a paint spray gun and paint the entire interior several times.Or find some way to coat the interior and poles with a non volitile coating ,,,,this may not be what everyone thinks of ...but in my line of work this is how we would think to solve the problem if stuck with one ....

rofl. wont work in this case, you would be hardpressed to find a paint that would properly adhere to the plastic flexible surface...

I recommend everyone taking em back to where they purchased em, my local shop is A+, provided a replacement, and a promise of a refund if it doesn't pan out.

take care- bartender187

Last edited:

justagrower

hydrohuts were fully aware that there was a problem with their product, but chose not let the community know straight away . the owner off hydrohuts was a member here when this thread was at it s most active . all that he needed to do the minute he was aware of a problem was start a thread saying they were aware of a it and working on a solution , but untill further notice they should not use expose themselves or their plants to the toxic envoirnment inside the hydrohut . it would have put many growers minds at ease a lot sooner . he allowed growers to continue to breath toxic fumes inside their huts while tending their sick plants , with the obvious stress being caused to both growers and plants .

what i also found offensive at the time was the owner of hydrohuts posting pictures of his new hash pipe here on ic , at the same time as growers were posting in this thread , searching for an answer to the problems being caused by his product . it did not do a lot for his customer service credentials in my eyes .

fair enough hydrohuts have now offered to fix things if you want to go through the hassle of sending in your death trap tent and waiting for it to be made safe for intended use (ie a grow tent , not a gas chamber) then returned . hydrohuts are selling cheap imported glorified tents , at vast profit , it s in their own interests to protect their income and keep the company going .

it s also interesting the first option they blamed for the problem , the poles used in the frame were obviously the cheapest to replace . i couldn t believe it when i read they were offering replacement poles . it was very obvious to anybody who has encountered bad room syndrome caused by new vinyl , that the majority of plants shown in this thread were suffering from it , and it wasn t being caused by metal poles . the victorians were growing in greenhouses , using rusty iron for frames . the glass in these greenhouses even had a lead content of the scale by todays standards . the old photos show it did not have an adverse affect on their plants . the minute i opened this thread and seen the starters pictures i posted top of page 2 that it was the vinyl causing the problem . maybe even hydrohut had no idea about vinyl off gassing untill i posted about it :)

Raijin

The owner used someone else's ID to post. That someone else was booted. The owner of HH wouldn't post on here with a pipe and I called and asked him about it and he told me what I just wrote above. It wasn't his pipe or his ID.

werdna

I WISH I Would Have Found this 6 months ago !!!!!!!!,,,,

I WISH I Would Have Found this 6 months ago !!!!!!!!,,,,

I bought this Grow Tent from Biofloral ( tent says-Flora Corp ), shit did I go through HELL ! I see the yellow in your first picture! Exactly as mine started going, I tried everything ! From a portable air conditioner, water chiller, 4 inline fans , etc , I questioned myself ?, but in 25 years growing , I knew I wasn't doing this. Must be this tent ! So I Only removed the tent ,left all my other equipment know at 3 weeks , I am flowering beatifully for 2 weeks now,Thank God.I placed a 12 year old mother in the tent , within 5 days it was yellow & if I didn't move it, it would have died !!! I called Bioforal, who said they sold 1000's of these tents in Canada , that was 3 weeks ago, I heard from the Ontario representitive 1ce, who still hasn't called back !! All I wanted was my money back ???. What do u's think I should do now?. Small claims, or now I talked to a well known Professor ( who is very young ! ) & he is saying go to small claims, collect the $5000 or max., then we will go to larger court for pain ,etc ?. It made this year HELL, I am disabled , haven't grown anything this year !, because of this Tent. What do U's think ?????. I don't know what to do ?. Thanks !!!!!!!!!

werdna

I forgot, After I took this tent out, I spent $15 dollars on B&W Plastic !!!!,,,,

I forgot, After I took this tent out, I spent $15 dollars on B&W Plastic !!!!,,,,

I bought a B&W plastic for my outer wall.( Better than the Biofloral-Flora Corp Grow Tent 8 by 8 & 7.5 feet tall ) Working just like it always used to, if it works , don't mess with it !!! Take Care All ! :violin:

bld01

Hello there,

I'm sorry to not read all messages (since the time i came here for the same problem as you) ;)

I come back to tell you what about my garden...

I stopped to use my growbox (150 euros lost....) and the yellowing problem dissapear. I don't know exactly what component of my box was toxic but it's sure the reason of my troubles was the box. What I can say to help people that have that problem is to try to take your lamp and one plant in good health and put them in a place of your house during one week, if the plant turns green, you get it, it's your box. I made this test in both way :

a good plant -> in the box : yellowing
a yellowplant -> outside the box : be green after 5-6 days.

Now I've got wonderful buds, green plants and a big smile in my face ;)

So I wish to everybody who have this problem of yellowing to find a solution, It was a torture for me, so keep on and good luck :rasta:

420ben420

Grow tent

Grow tent

I ordered this one on ebay.com "Product Code: GYO1002" it was difficult to assemble because a reterd made up the directions. There were 8 sections of pole labeled "B", four of them were 6" longer than the other four. It took me a while to figure this out and I accidentally ripped the tent because when I assembled the poles they were 6" too long. It has a strong plastic smell. On the first day I put the plants in the tent four out of six showed signs of over fertilization. The leaves curled upward at the tips, eventually the edges of all leaves died and it spread to the whole leaf. Does this sound like PVC toxicity?
bong7bp.gif
bong7bp.gif
bong7bp.gif
bong7bp.gif
Seller "gyosupplies" does not accept returns.

Cyber9

Ouch, should have done some research and bought yourself a jardin or homebox, I got a homebox and clonebox, made of pve not pvc.. have had no problems with it

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Hi All ! Nice Info !!! I have the same problem....any plant put into the hut turns yellow in 1 week.....just outside the hut same batch of plants same soil, and they are fine, then move them into hut and BAMM yellow in a week..
my mother OG Kush were dark green last week and put them in hut just to see if they turn yellow BAMM they are yellow also..... 1 week later....the intake air is
coming in from the attic between 70~80, and there's no exhaust fan in the ceiling exhaust hole...inside the hut is a 12" fan on high setting circulating air in hut, and front door is open, lights are 7- 4 foot flouros 2 tubes each of the best
plant tubes IMO "OTTLITE" $10 each 48" T-12 40 watt.....these grow a plant in veg better than a 1000 MH does...and with no s t r e a c h between the nodes
everthing put into the hut has died>>>>>So, I assume it's the VENTALATION...

I concur, if your exhaust is on the light timer, you will stagnate the air in the tent in short order. I run a 400 watt MH in a 3'x3' tent with an extraction fan rated a bit higher than the cf of the tent for a negative exhaust. This pulls in fresh air from outside the tent. and there is also an oscillating fan to keep stirring the air. Depletion of vital gasses will destroy your plants in the same manner that lack of O2 will destroy us.
Good Luck! and great post, seems a few are having this difficulty.

Latest posts

Latest posts