What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba D-Chem D x Pre-98 Bubba (fems)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plants look good shmavis, and the sampling sounds very promising...
I know you have been looking for 'narcotic' high for a while so you suggesting these might fit the bill is quite exciting!
keep us posted.
VG

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Thanks, DARKSIDER!

Progress on my projects has slowed considerably since returning to work, and I’ve been working a lot of overtime, but I am getting there and hope to be more or less wrapped up early September.

In an effort to prove to myself that the poor performance of this (indoor) grow and the one before it were due to the light and not anything to do with my soil mix, my outdoor plants are being grown the same way. Obviously I don’t have control over the environment but I can control - to a certain extent - how they’re grown. These plants along with the others I have outdoors are all being grown as I would indoors as far as methodology. They were put out in SOLO cups, up-potted to 1gal, then to 3gal and will finish out in 10gal fabric pots (final container isn’t that big indoors but it seems a good idea outdoors). When they went into the SOLO cups and 1gal containers they were put into the same leftover soil mix that they were in when grown under the QB. They got a fresh batch when going into 3gal, and today I am going to take cuts, clean them up a bit and go buy some fresh soil to mix up to pot them up into the 10gal fabric pots.

I am taking a much needed break from my DIY projects to spend time with them on a beautiful Sunday. :dance013:

#3, more so than #4 & #5, is telling me she’s ready for the transplant. She was watered yesterday and is definitely already thirsty this morning. Not to mention lower leaves are showing her readiness. Grabbed some before pics and will try to get some after pics up later tonight once they’re potted up.

#3:

picture.php
picture.php

#4 & #5:

picture.php
picture.php

Hey VG!

Yes, #4 & #5 are very promising. So many folks speak of Bubba as being narcotic and that’s why I grew it. As you know I didn’t find that, even with a ten week finish, but I still feel in love with the high nevertheless. I say these two are “almost” narcotic because they certainly do not have the cerebral clarity I found with the ‘green’ Pre-98 pheno I had, but rather they’re closer to the ‘purple’ pheno I grew. Given they weren’t finished properly, yet are still closer to the narcotic side, I am very excited to see how they do outdoors. And I absolutely love them as outdoor plants for height and structure. So much so that the main reason I am taking cuts is that if one or both do end up being fully narcotic, I want to put them outdoors again next spring and turn them into bushes!

Happy Sunday!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey shmavis. those look VERY happy outdoors, growth is very dense. Nice to see plants express themselves in the sunshine !

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
They do seem happy, thanks VG! And yes, very dense. So much so that I ended up thinning out #4 & #5 this morning. I found many stunted shoots and dead leaves underneath. I had planned to let my outdoor plants grow naturally, without any trimming, but I think these two really needed it. I was surprised at how much some of the branches on 4 & 5 stretched out to form a crown of sorts. I have seen some variegation on #3, which seems to be more Chem D leaning, so that makes sense. As of now they're still rocking! They started flowering about two weeks ago. It has been a goal/dream of mine to grow outdoors for many years - so I am very excited to finally be doing it!

#3:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

It was really windy this morning and kind of hard to get good full plant pics.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
4 & 5 before trim:

picture.php

After trim:

picture.php

#4:

picture.php

#5:

picture.php

Should probably even thin out a bit more... maybe next weekend.

Happy Sunday!

Greenthumber

Looking like some happy ladies! Man Those things are some shrubs lol they look very healthy! Seem to be loving the outdoor life! I second the more on thinning though, maybe some of those big inner fan leaves let some more light and circulation in there and let some more bud sites ripen up. Looking great as always :tiphat:

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they are coming on so well!
i find outdoors the big fans often yellow on their own as the season progresses, but i guess my climate may be quite different to yours. The sunshine should hopefully bring those narcotic chem qualities out even more in the smoke!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Looking like some happy ladies! Man Those things are some shrubs lol they look very healthy! Seem to be loving the outdoor life! I second the more on thinning though, maybe some of those big inner fan leaves let some more light and circulation in there and let some more bud sites ripen up. Looking great as always

Sound advice, brother. Should've thinned out more than I did. I actually didn't touch #3 other than to take cuts from lower branches during veg. She is a bush! Going outdoors is going to be a game changer for me, I can already feel it as I look forward to next spring. This year was just a half-assed attempt to see how things go and if the spot would be good. I will tend more closely to them next year. And plan to either lay cement or brick pavers in that area. I have a vision of a much cleaner better lit area - thinking I'll whack down a tree that limits light for a couple hours through the day...

they are coming on so well!
i find outdoors the big fans often yellow on their own as the season progresses, but i guess my climate may be quite different to yours. The sunshine should hopefully bring those narcotic chem qualities out even more in the smoke!

They do seem happy. And if I had to pick a best all-around looking plant from the six I have outdoors, I would have to go with Chem D x Pre-98, #3. Indoors #3 was the one that best withstood my light torture test, lol. And she's quite the looker outdoors, I think. Looking like I will have to get some stakes out for her in a couple weeks or so...

#3:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Greenthumber

Yes I can definitely second that on the let’s see how this goes this year. I’ve learned a lot outdoors so far that will change for
Next year! I feel I went a tad light on amendments but my teas are getting me through nicely, currently testing out a new soil mix pretty sure it’s what I’ll stick with next year. But!! All of those babies are looking wonderful! Can’t wait to see what that chem leaner does! Have a good weekend

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Yes I can definitely second that on the let’s see how this goes this year. I’ve learned a lot outdoors so far that will change for
Next year! I feel I went a tad light on amendments but my teas are getting me through nicely, currently testing out a new soil mix pretty sure it’s what I’ll stick with next year. But!! All of those babies are looking wonderful! Can’t wait to see what that chem leaner does! Have a good weekend

Yeah, testing out different soil mixes is one of the things I am most looking forward to. It'll be easier to do outdoors. I plan to do like I did for this year - select some plants from indoor seed runs to take cuts from during the winter to put out in the spring. Will probably also do a fem seed or two, but mostly cuts from seed runs. I want to do a mini greenhouse that will house 2-4 plants and a raised bed on wheels to SCROG 2 or 3 plants and then the rest in containers. And I need to read up on pest management - didn't do any thing in that regard this year.

Clearly I will have plenty to share, so will look forward to your thoughts on the Chem leaner - and others. :biggrin:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow those plants look amazing shmavis, couldn't look any happier tbh, there is certainly some pleasure in seeing weed pants in the sunshine. I hope the ripening season treats you well, i can see you pulling quite a bit off those !

VG

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Thanks VG! It is thrilling to be outdoors. I have wanted for so long to do this. I can't wait for next spring, lol. Hopefully everything finishes up nicely for this first go around. Still a bit of a road ahead, hope the weather cooperates. And yeah, looking like I will have more than I need from just six plants. Don't doubt that I could move to outdoors only and easily provide enough for the year until the next harvest. So I am thinking that means I will be growing smaller plants indoors this winter. No need to bush 'em up. And this should allow for more seeds to be popped with reduced veg times. :dance013:

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Pre-Chop:

Pre-Chop:

Live and learn. Should've thinned these plants out a lot more, especially #4 & #5 - the Bubba leaners. All my outdoor plants got hit with powdery mildew to varying degrees. Unfortunately though the Bubba leaners have actual mold on some of the lower buds. They're very dense. I will be going back outside in a bit to essentially do a wet trim on the plants to inspect and toss the moldy buds. Terminal bud sites look fine, so I don't think a total loss. I plan to chop Friday morning. I will definitely go about things differently next season. The plants themselves did fine, just the damn pm and mold got 'em.

#3:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
#4 & #5:

#4 & #5:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Pretty sure there's plenty that's salvageable - will know for sure later.

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Beautiful plants. I love outdoor grown. Cheers

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
look great, and pretty ripe for outdoor buds, always a conflict between time and deteriorating weather conditions where i am in the UK.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Beautiful plants. I love outdoor grown. Cheers

Thanks skunkfunk!

look great, and pretty ripe for outdoor buds, always a conflict between time and deteriorating weather conditions where i am in the UK.

Thanks VG and apologies for my late return... I had hoped to revamp this thread with pics from a new indoor run, but LED threw things sideways. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I cannot really speak about numbers 4 & 5. I was crushed to find a lot of internal mold when I went to harvest them. I kept very little from each. I just hacked the plants and left them. I had taken cuts from everything that I grew outdoors though so planned to run them again. And being skeeved out about all the mold I had seen I didn’t really smoke on the little bit I had kept... thinking it wasn’t much of a loss as I had cuts... I’ll spare everyone’s eyes and not show how bad the cuts got burnt up under LED... :biggrin: they had been fine, looking beautiful under fluorescent. From #3 I kept about an ounce and a half. She had some mold as well but nothing like #4 & #5. All the plants I had outdoors got hit with powdery mildew to varying degrees. For all my excitement about growing outdoors and the fun I had during it, the ending was disappointing. Next round I need to take precautions. It was my first encounter with PM.

So I really can’t say if the two Pre-98 leaners would’ve provided the heavier knockout I was hoping for, but #3 does smoke similar to C4DD so I think it’s fair to say she’s a Chem D leaner. She happened to be the one that best withstood the original run indoors and she sure showed nicely outdoors as well. Just sucks about the mold and powdery mildew. Anyway, her strength continued to set her apart even as one of the burnt cuts and seemed most salvageable amongst them. So while I had hoped to run all three again indoors, only #3 made it to the show. Here she is:

picture.php

Hoping I can keep things in check this time around. ;)

Happy Sunday!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just a heads up for those that were wanting to try this cross out... i have sent 8 packs to seedbay, and that will be it for the moment as it is all i have left from a small batch made recently.