What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UFC/MMA 2020

Chappi

Amanda used her marriage experience to gain an advantage. Get on top and stay there. I think Randamie was just a bad match up for her.

Colby did do great to almost beat Usman at his own game. Not sure if they will wire his jaw shut or not. If they do his enemies will have a hearty laugh at his expense. I like him and even I will laugh a little.

Chase Hooper appears to have a future grappling. Long limbs are useful if the fighter knows how to exploit the advantage.

Hahah good one on Amanda! I def see her as the one wearing the pants.

Colby is just the heel, he’s terrible at it but MAGA people loved him and he even got POTUS to pay more attention to the UFC.
As fighter I respect his game, he’s def one of the best in the division and he gave it all he had, respect. His trash talking gets no respect and ironically Usman cracked his yapper. Usman has serious power.

That dude hooper beat a guy that’s a kickboxer so I guess it’s not too surprising that he was able to get the submission. Gotta love the Askren memes lol

attachment.php

Attachments

• A464E4EE-896D-491F-9DD0-46FFB1CC45F4.jpg
    A464E4EE-896D-491F-9DD0-46FFB1CC45F4.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 79
C

Capra ibex

Just go cry about how much you hate Trump on another thread please, you have nothing to add. Even in your rebuttal you have zero substance. Waste of time replying here.

Trump? What are you even talking about?

C

Capra ibex

That's fine :)

I imagined you took my distaste for Colby having something to do with Trump, but not really.

I'm not trying to talk about politics in here.

:ying:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hehe, no Trump bashing allowed in here. Edgar was a punching bag for the Korean Zombie. He should finally hang it up. The ref stepped in quite early to stop the beating which I approved of. Edgar is too tough for his own good.

I went to sleep and woke up just in time to see the Edgar 'fight'. 4:30 AM I think it was.

Chappi

Frankie survived but once on his feet he had taken waaay too much damage too early in the round.....the time difference maybe played a role and Frankie always takes ANY fight wonder if it was short notice.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Anyone upset at the jones-reyes decision last night? Saw the fight this morning after reading up on the results, most people are saying reyes won the first 3 rds before jones took rds 4 and 5. Reyes gassed out in the championship rounds but gave jones all he could handle in the first 3. Somewhat disappointed he didnt finish jones, he had jones backpedaling a few times during the fight.

Even if there is an immediate rematch i'd have to give it to jones, he seems to figure out opponents pretty well in between fights (see gustaffson and cormier fights). But reyes seems like he had a good gameplan too, kept moving and outboxed jones most of the night, if he comes back with better cardio and more experience with 5 rd fights i could see him getting the victory too.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ that link requires a download I am not willing to do.

Romero vs Izzy fight was no classic but some good moments. Israel absorbed some pretty brutal shots and in later rounds was dodging most of them. Yoel was gonna gas if he let loose at the beginning of the fight so I guess no harm there. Israel could not stand and trade punches with him so Romero expecting him to do so is silly. First order of business is to win not entertain the crowd.

The Zhang vs Joanna fight was epic. Joanna could star in a outer space movie with her new look. I gave that as a draw with a slight preference to Joanna on decision. Zhang inflicted more damage. Champion gets the preference in judging a close fight.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
^^ that link requires a download I am not willing to do.

Romero vs Izzy fight was no classic but some good moments. Israel absorbed some pretty brutal shots and in later rounds was dodging most of them. Yoel was gonna gas if he let loose at the beginning of the fight so I guess no harm there. Israel could not stand and trade punches with him so Romero expecting him to do so is silly. First order of business is to win not entertain the crowd.

The Zhang vs Joanna fight was epic. Joanna could star in a outer space movie with her new look. I gave that as a draw with a slight preference to Joanna on decision. Zhang inflicted more damage. Champion gets the preference in judging a close fight.
Let's put it this way. The co-main event was a much better fight than the main event. AFAIC Israel failed to cement his legacy with the the win against Yoel. There will more than likely be a rematch. Thank God for free streaming!

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is anyone watching UFC 249? This is a stacked card even without Jacare vs Hall.

potty1

Gutted for tony man...i feel he only took the gaetchie fight cos he needed the money(he's been in camp for 5mnths)
Now he's gotta work up all over again and the big money khabib fight ain't happening for him ☹

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I feel bad for him too. I'm happy for Cejudo, and a little surprised that he wants to retire on top.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, that Ferguson beating was epic. Gaethje has some good hands eh? He was a bit smaller than Ferguson, the only reason I could see that Ferguson was not knocked out. Has to have a world class chin in any case. You have to feel for a fighter like Ferguson if you have ever been punched. Way too much too much for even a professional fighter to endure.

I never would have guessed Ferguson would get so totally dominated by Gaethje. Ferguson did nail Gaethje with a good uppercut that dropped him, so the power factor was in Ferguson's favor imo.

Some are saying that no crowds at the fights results in a better experience for the home viewer. I can say I do not miss the crowds there in any case. I tend to dislike the crowds at sporting events I have attended, or at least could do without them at best.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Without the crowds you could really hear the blows land.
Hope Tony doesn't have long term damage from that beating.Good call to stop it when they did imo

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Izzy was on full display tonight. Not even close. Decent power for a skinny guy along with the speed. Jan the Polish guy got it done with Reyes. I did not see that coming.

JKD

Veteran
I wondered whether Costa was off his game, as he usually pressures, brawls and mauls - or whether Izzy ultimately made him fight that way.

I thought Adesanya may have had a little gynecomastia in this. Hope not.

Last edited: