What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

White Rhino x Pre-98 Bubba Kush FEM Cross - info and grow-along.

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
Hey bro.
A fine cross you've made, it should be fun looking through a pack of these seeds.
Best vibes
az

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks all, yes, very pleased with this one!

Hey VerdentG! These look super frosty! I can't wait to bring in some Euro bloodlines to Cali.

Anyway, I'm going to be hunting for a Bubba for my garden that I will keep forever and of course throw some pollen, if only to help the vigor. I plan on looking through some local clones, and maybe another company or two but I have grown out your Bubba x Bubba and woooww, it was everything I dreamed of. I was thinking of picking up a pack of the Bubba regs and then this WR cross sounds lovely, do you think I would need to hunt through some of the S1s or do you think I should be able to find a proper keeper in those two packs I mentioned? Thanks man, love your work

hey vitTHC, when you say bubba x bubba, do you mean the bubba kush regular? glad you liked it!

i think you should do well with those packs, like i said - this WR x bubba seems in some ways to amplify the whole bubba-ness of bubba! - i think it would be interesting to cross it back to bubba even.. the vigor is great but the bubba is still there.
that said, the pre-98 bubba cut and its S1s can show reasonable vigor if they have plenty of rootspace in a decent sized container

VG

oldbootz

Veteran
ok shut up and take my money, going to order these tomorrow from breeders retail! this looks like one of the best hybrids you've made so far VG.

oldbootz

Veteran
Chimera:
Cheese x Sweet Skunk (FEM) 5 seeds / $55

VG:
White Rhino x Pre 98 Bubba Kush (FEM) 6 seeds/ $50

maybe these will meet each other at some point for a girl on girl experience hehehe

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bootz! great to see you around, thanks - yes you might be right, this seems to be a great cross.
still really enjoying smoking this. the buds have cured to have a slightly fuelly/solvent edge to the bubba funk - which somehow amplifies the whole 'bubba-ness' of the cross... with varying degrees of cheesy edge. it tastes amazing and i find it very potent.

often when you cross two great smelling strains you get something quite different from both terpene-wise. it's fantastic that these plants are showing both terpene profiles combined and undiluted.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
some packs of these will be sent to seedbay on monday, along with some PTK and BDB :)

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Popped 3. All 3 are above ground. :woohoo:

The 3 to the right:

picture.php

Happy New Year!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Update:

Update:

They were pushed a bit too long in SOLO cups, transplanted last night and still looking a bit droopy at the moment. Cannot wait to see a week from now. :biggrin:

Really happy with the vigor and overall look of these babies, but got my eye on one in particular. Any guesses? :)

picture.php

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Chimera:
Cheese x Sweet Skunk (FEM) 5 seeds / $55

VG:
White Rhino x Pre 98 Bubba Kush (FEM) 6 seeds/ $50

maybe these will meet each other at some point for a girl on girl experience hehehe

I have Chimera's Cheese x SS...:biggrin: ...but never tried my hand at reversing...hmmm...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks shmavis, they look nice... they should really take off now in those new pots!

the one on the left?? they all look good really..

VG :tiphat:

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I am thrilled with each one of them; but yes, the one on the left. :biggrin:

Really looking forward to what they show. They leap-frogged many others for pole-postion. Many thanks VG for this offering. :tiphat:

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Might also be worth noting that the back right one is also the tallest one from the "above ground" pic posted on the new year. She suffered the most by the delay of up potting — she just may overtake the one to the left. :) We'll see. :biggrin:

Slab

They are looking really nice Shmavis. I am very much looking forward to following along with you and seeing how they turn out.
I recently set off the last seeds from my original pack and have 2 healthy seedlings. I will post up their progress in my thread as they develop.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
... they should really take off now in those new pots! ...

They seem to be doing just that! Was surprised to see roots from #1 (back right in group shot) poking through tonight. Figured it was just that she had been pent-up; but then noticed the same on the others - lol. Hello, vigor!

The one to the left (previous pic) has been labeled #2, and the one in the foreground as #3.

#1:

picture.php

#2:

picture.php

#3:

picture.php

I’ll share some pics again when they’re done vegging and are up potted and going into flower. Given the vigor they’ve shown, I will let them finish out in 5gal containers.

They are looking really nice Shmavis. I am very much looking forward to following along with you and seeing how they turn out.
I recently set off the last seeds from my original pack and have 2 healthy seedlings. I will post up their progress in my thread as they develop.

Thanks a lot Slab. Honored to have you watching. I cannot wait to see how your two turn out! And how similar (or dissimilar) they are to your earlier 3 - each of which had the looks of a keeper. I will without a doubt be following along. :)

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
1 week after up-potting:

1 week after up-potting:

Nice & frosty, VG! She’s a beaut!

Really pleased (and impressed) with the vigor of these plants. And nice thick stems. Wasn’t planning to top and do a little LST, but am now second guessing myself.

Group shots:

picture.php
picture.php

Profile, #2:

picture.php

Excitement level is high! :dance013:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
those plants look great shmavis!

the WR clone is an odd one. she smokes great but has some traits that i dont like - namely a stiff upright growth habit and a tendency to get burnt leaf tips - however little they get fed. ( the plant in the recent pic was grown very lean and was looking deficient by about week 5 or 6... yet still the slight burning on the tips )
yet the recombination potential seems very high and the less than desirable traits dont seem to dominate.

VG

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Thanks fellas!

Should be interesting to see as folks grow these out if those less desirable traits express themselves with any regularity, or at all.

:watchplant:

Latest posts

Latest posts