What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

<Terpp> Solvent maxes per Collection Pot Size

drewbles

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i have a 450g passive system i am very familiar with. i put 5 to 6 lbs of solvent (tane) thru it.
Thinking of getting the 900g terpp system, confused by the setup tho. With 900g in your column, you would need a bigger base size than the standard 6x12 , correct? I would imagine u need a 10x10 or 12x12 collection pot to run 2lbs of material into. The way terpp sets u up to purchase their systems though, they dont change the size of the collection base when u choose the 900g column. that doesnt make sense to me. are they assuming im running active? (apparently the collection pot can be smaller for active runs; that part makes sense to me.)
also ,how much gas should i/can i put thru this 900g system with a 30lb recovery tank?

thanks so much for the knowledge, i really appreciate u guys and the positive difference ur making in ur cannamunnity (;
[/FONT]

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i have a 450g passive system i am very familiar with. i put 5 to 6 lbs of solvent (tane) thru it.
Thinking of getting the 900g terpp system, confused by the setup tho. With 900g in your column, you would need a bigger base size than the standard 6x12 , correct? I would imagine u need a 10x10 or 12x12 collection pot to run 2lbs of material into. The way terpp sets u up to purchase their systems though, they dont change the size of the collection base when u choose the 900g column. that doesnt make sense to me. are they assuming im running active? (apparently the collection pot can be smaller for active runs; that part makes sense to me.)
also ,how much gas should i/can i put thru this 900g system with a 30lb recovery tank?

thanks so much for the knowledge, i really appreciate u guys and the positive difference ur making in ur cannamunnity (;
[/FONT]

I would suggest the 12" X 12 base for a 900 gram system. It has enough volume for a three volume flood, and has the most surface area, so will be the fastest, whether you recover passively or with a pump.

A 10" is marginal with a three volume flood, by just under half and inch, but is enough for passive recovery, and considering that you are recovering at the same time you're flooding, it should work fine as well with a pump, plus it is quite a bit lighter.

It just won't be quite as fast, in direct proportion to the difference in surface area.

drewbles

Terpp MKIII Parts for 2LB extraction

Terpp MKIII Parts for 2LB extraction

oh too cool, great info!
i have the standard 6x12 still so before i upgrade it ill be sure to only use it actively.
do u prefer a mt69 over a condensing coil? thats what im leaning towards.

bicboi

I have mk3 with a 900g column on top of a 6X12 collection pot. I'd like to upgrade to a 12X12.

How would this be done without having to buy a new lid?

Obsidian

Veteran
when I was looking at the designs before making mine, the only way to do this is with a 6" to 12" end cap reducer.
just tri clamp the 6" collection pot to it and you have the upgrade.

only thing I couldn't figure out is how to extend the tubes into the larger pot.
The only way I was thinking it would work is compression fittings and extension tubes.

I have mk3 with a 900g column on top of a 6X12 collection pot. I'd like to upgrade to a 12X12.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh too cool, great info!
i have the standard 6x12 still so before i upgrade it ill be sure to only use it actively.
do u prefer a mt69 over a condensing coil? thats what im leaning towards.

The MT69 1/4" tubing, is too small for chilled butane. We wrap our own 1/2" coils, or have them made by Albina Tube.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Specializedformulations.com offers a "Transforminator" lid, which adapts the Mk III lid to a 12" pot.

bicboi

Specializedformulations.com offers a "Transforminator" lid, which adapts the Mk III lid to a 12" pot.

Specialized formulation's website has been down for the last month or so and glacier tank is back ordered on end cap reducers.. I can't wait any longer!! what are my other options?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Open Source Steel has some nice lid adaptors that will fill your needs...

DO NOT order from them....

Seen dozens and dozens of people upset about them for a myriad of reasons recently...

They will be out of business within 90 days...

Xtractordepot has been very good to us with our latest purchases...

BigJohnny

DO NOT order from them....

Seen dozens and dozens of people upset about them for a myriad of reasons recently...

They will be out of business within 90 days...

Xtractordepot has been very good to us with our latest purchases...

I'm very curious, what reasons? They had a few things I was looking at, but now I'd like to know what the problems are.

Sriley28

So now a days you see a lot of extractor companies using 6” jacketed column and squirt plates for collection. Seems like you’d have more surface area that way but are there any negatives to a set up like that? I like that they don’t take up as much space and you could fit multiple systems on one rack. The only negative that pops in my head right away would be cleaning/ scraping the collection pot. 6” is a lot of room to get your hand in there plus cleaning that down spout seems next to impossible. Any issue with the agitation from the squirting causing slabs to wax?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Please define squirt plate and downspout??

WishDoctor

sanitary and specialized no longer exist

GW how should one customize the insides of the lid tubs? with what could someone use as a tube extension?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sanitary and specialized no longer exist

GW how should one customize the insides of the lid tubs? with what could someone use as a tube extension?

Yeah, I recently learned about Sanitary Steel's woes, but Specialized Formulations is still in business. I sent Carla an email asking about the website.

carla@specializedformulations.com

I used columns for the central down tube. Just bought one twice as long as I needed it and cut it in half to make two. I used 304SS Schedule 40 pipe for the return tube.

jswick93

Yeah, I recently learned about Sanitary Steel's woes, but Specialized Formulations is still in business. I sent Carla an email asking about the website.

carla@specializedformulations.com

I used columns for the central down tube. Just bought one twice as long as I needed it and cut it in half to make two. I used 304SS Schedule 40 pipe for the return tube.

Wow, no way. Haha. I knew sanitary steel would kick the bucket, the way they fucked me and many others over with our cmep-ol purchases. Got 5k into it and 0 support from sanitary steel. Lol, I remember when that idiot Lidya was working for them, she actually told me it wasn't possible for the pump to be contaminating my butane. Hahaha, I'm glad they kicked it. Good riddance.