What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

silvery dots and streaks on leaves, 10 days into flower

jswick93

If the little flecks of damage also have a shiny or metallic look, then it is definitely thrips. You can control them with sticky traps somewhat. I advise against using any type of spray in flower, but at ten days you can make that decision for yourself. I have used Spinosad with the most success im getting rid of them, followed by azadirachtin. They are the only pest Ive had to battle in my indoor grow room, other than a few stray gnats sometimes.

marrdogg

Veteran
THRIPS! Shake the leaves do you see little white things flying off? Thrips! And you have them bad, Spinosaid?
PEACE!

marrdogg

Veteran
Another word of advice by looking in your tent is you gotta be cleaner than that or you'll invite all kinds of pests in. Damn near got to run a grow like a operating room. Fucking bugs love mary jane more than me!
PEACE!

FtLotG

How well does Neem Oil deal with thrips? Seems like it's just pretty much always a good idea to use it in combination with other anti-pest products.

L

larry badiner

found black specs under the leaf, they're spider mites :(

if i pollenate flowers with spider mites will the seeds have spider mites too? i dont want to wash seeds

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Thrips are not a serious problem, easy to eradicate with oil based emulsion sprays... harsh chems are not necessary.

shredGnar

if i pollenate flowers with spider mites will the seeds have spider mites too? i dont want to wash seeds

Like everyone else already said, you have thrips. The black specs is left behind by the thrips. (Their shit? )

Spray with spinosad and be done with em.

Granger2

Veteran
Check the Thrips sticky. A Spinosad soil drench and a spraying, followed a week later by a soil drench should wipe them out. -granger

your first picture shows zero damage from mites but thrips 100% as previously said, that doesnt mean you dont have mites but you need to treat for thrips and double check your seeing mites and not poop or dirt, etc as the damage you posted in the first pick doesnt go with mites.

seeds dont carry mites :/ but if you dont get rid of your pests you will 100 % have them for the next time.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Looks like thrips to me as well.

Captain Jack's worked for me. I bought the concentrate not the ready to go spray bottle.

Ya it's thrips fo sho. Don't sweat it, but yeah neem worked for me in conjunction with essential eucalyptus oil and essential tea tree oil.

Neem soil drench is systemic, and will kill anything that eats from the leaf, such as thrips and those devils spider mites. I have a couple recipes on my computer at home that I can lend. I'll get back to this thread in a couple hours.

I alternate neem spray with another product, rosemary based, and I add some more essential rosemary oil to supercharge. I've also heard essential lavender oil works well on thrips, maybe I'll add this into my regiment. But it's probably redundant, and I'd rather not incorporate another fragrance/flavour that wasn't naturally inherent in a strain.

First thing first for you: take off all infested leaves, sit in there for a while looking on the top and bottoms of the leaves for the little buggers, squeeze them between your fingers. Dead.

Like I said, don't sweat thrips. And like the other guy said, clean up your act a little bit before you have spider mites or broad mites or other pests that are easier and healthier for the plant to prevent, instead of eradicate.

Be aware people are suing growers in CO for using harsh chemical pesticides on their flowers, which is incredibly harmful when combusted and inhaled. Please try your best to find gentle insecticides like neem, essential oils, garlic, cinnamon, and keep yourself, your girls, and your distribution chain healthy and happy

Stay tuned for some actual help, numbers, mixes, application schedules... that I have used to kill thrips, not burn plants, and to the contrary, maybe green them up a bit. :)

Get a game plan. This is going to be a very busy week for you if you really want them gone.

Later

L

larry badiner

thanks everyone for your replies, i applied neem about 4 weeks ago and that stopped the first wave, stopped the leaf damage. i bought some spinosad a few days ago and sprayed down the plants the best that i could. ill take a broom to the floor of my grow chamber too

the black specs could be dirt, i did a messy job of transplanting

do i need to apply the spinosad under the leaves? i got about 3/4ths of a bottle left. i got the hose attachment one and its a pain to use, it sprays everywhere and can hurt plants

and whats the cut off for spinosad in flower? 3 weeks?

Latest posts

Latest posts