What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New extraction technique? Rosin tech?

Sunfire

Veteran
There's links to it at the beginning of this thread I think, KB.

Fresh frozen bubble is hands Down my favorite! Complete terpene profile, no residual solvent witch hunt, and the safety and ease of the technique is superior in every way. With proper technique I can make straight up semi translucent dab-able water extract.

I don't purposely dry sift anything. But the LA confidential and purple diesel phenos I have leave full melt kief in the bottom of trim trays and my seperator box. It's so fun to watch a big pile of sand melt into a puddle and then explode back out into a bubbly smelly mess of dankness!

Heusinomics

Rosin tech is not new by any means it was posted here on icmag in 08 and 07 on fullmeltbubble forums. Its a stupid tech it is complete opposite of what every growers intention is. We dont dial in light spectrums, feed schedules, and training to immediately lose everything we got the plant ro produce by heat pressing it. Thats just silly and shows that most of the people who think this is NEW dont research a damn thing

Agreed!:laughing:
Like grey wolf said too, this is not a productive way of producing something "almost like shatter" when we can rip slabs all day!!
It's jst a fun kitchen tek project for hobbiests w small piles of keef..

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
I will go so far to say it will become the connoisseur choice. All the old heads i have seen experience it are raving about it. T-shirt press here i come!

I found that for people doing this, if you think you are pressing really hard by hand, try stepping on it with your foot and shifting your weight into it(stomp without jumping) - yields almost double. harder the press the better at the lowest temperature it will work at for best flavor :) also repressing material is worth it if you didnt press it super super hard the first time.

if you are one of the naysayers out there, don't say you don't like broccoli if you haven't tried it.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
However if you wanna see the real rosin tech posted ala 2006 on icmag, GW posted it in this thread

that may be the original rosin tech, but its not best. that idea didnt catch on at all, it was not possible to get large yield in short time like it is with a good heat press setup.

DabnHook

What is the best temp to extract at? I am using nice dense buds. I am going home-aid with the straightener. What temp should I be using and what size buds work best for you guys?

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
dense buds are great. a little damper is better than bone dry typically. start at the lowest temperature and increase as needed. if you have some heat, pressure is more important than heat. you can tell its too hot if you get any smoking when pressing. if its too hot it will puff some smoke when you release it after only 3-5 seconds, if its cooler you can press for up to 5-7 seconds with no overheating. increasing pressure makes a huge difference to yield. i repress buds a second or maybe third time, folded up smaller for second pressings.

High pressure is definitely key. My yields were pretty much nonexistent until I made a lever-mount for the hair iron. I'm not a real heavy guy so just putting my weight on the iron wasn't that effective.

JHuip65.jpg

BR8CkwG.jpg

Product dabs cleanly with no residue and is very potent. Taste isn't fantastic (raw material tasted better) but that's likely due to using B grade nugs and inexperience with the tek.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
ya nice little press. i have been wishing i could get more weight on myself, just to get that few % more out.

DabnHook

I ran about a gram in the hair straightener got a couple points back. Looks really nice. I am using a silicone mitt but I think a lever press is optimal for sure.

Dab Strudel

HAIR STRAIGHTENER DABS!!! COO COO CACHUUUU. you guys got me trying this hilarious tek singing this all over the house. my house smells super fruity with this Green Crack RHO

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grayfox likes my wavy mane, so I don't have a hair straightener and will have to score one first.

Wonder who I can borrow one from, who wouldn't notice the aroma when I returned it?

Latest posts

Latest posts