What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Side by side STS recipe experiment

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not sure yet I'm waiting for a response from them. If they say the 1:4 is correct I don't think they know what there doing.

I'm using a 1:5 using recipe #1 mix. So instead of 900mls of RO I used 500...My 1st plant using the 1:4 also was all messed up. Had tons of balls but would not drop pollen

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Very interested in this, years ago I got the solutions to do this but since then it never been on my priority list. Any ideea on the shelf life of the powders? I heard they degrade over a couple of years? Is that true? Anyway, I'll follow and maybe try it myself later, too. :lurk:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
reply from www.phytotechlab.com 1:4 recipe

I am sorry to hear you are having an issue with our stock solution protocol. This protocol has been used by several of our customers who have confirmed it. The only time water is used in this protocol is to dissolve the Sodium Thiosulfate and Silver Nitrate. The initial concentration it is dissolved at is 1.58 g of Sodium Thiosulfate in 100 mL of RO water. Silver Nitrate is then dissolved at 1.7 g in 100 mL of RO water. These two solutions are then mixed at a 1:4 ratio, so based on these volumes just mix 20 mL of the Silver Nitrate Solution with 80 mL of the Sodium Thiosulfate solution.

This solution is considered a stock solution to start from. It is up to the researcher to determine the proper dilution amounts, incubation time, etc that is fitting for their plant species. We strongly recommend checking the literature for your species in terms of a protocol. There are so many species out there it impossible for us to write a protocol that will cover every species. I hope this information is helpful, and please let us know if you have additional questions.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

IMO This recipe needs to be diluted with RO. It can't be used the way they have it written. Since they use so much more chems in there recipe I think adding 1000ml of RO will be ok to use it. I will try this at a later time.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How is your STS project going ???.. I'm still having bad luck.. I contacted Charlie/Kaiki From CBG. I asked him what recipe he used to make his fem seeds...Here it is if interested ....

1g Silver mixed into 60ml RO
6G Sodium mixed into 240ml RO

Mix the 300ml into 600ml RO for a total of 900ml..

Spray at night in cool place 2x. The 2nd application is done 2 weeks after the 1st..

I have ditched all plants that where messed up from other try's.. I got 2 fresh plants 1 Glue and 1 sdubb. I just put the 1st application on using his recipe. I did not have any plants larger than 12" so that's what I used. I'm told this will not matter both plants will get 1-3x larger anyway while flowering...

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
both mthods have been pruducing pollen, but i have to squeeze the flowers open between my fingers a lot of them. The more potent method has started actually producing better then the 1000 ml version recently, it just took a long time to get started but now they are opening up and banannas everywhere. I will have some new pictures in the next day or two, i took some then lost my camera so finna take some tomorrow with the phone, which actually makes better pictures than the camera. THings look to be pollinated, but cant tell if seeds are developing yet. If so its gonna be a hella lot of them. The greenhouse with limited light is making everything take longer than it should i think.

oc_grower

Curious why not use colodial silver? From what I have read, it can be made inexpensively by using two silver coins, a dc charger and a jar of water. I haven't done this yet but I am going to as soon as I finish this crop. Take your two silver coins and clip them to their own wire coming from the DC charger. Put the coins in the water but not the wires. This forces the current to run through the silver and the water. Some of the silver will be left in the water when doing this. Use your PPM meter to get your baseline and to know how much silver is in the water. I would let it get to 4 times the ppm you want and then mix with 3 quarts of water... equaling 1 gallon... or you could do it even stronger. I believe the ppm is supposed to be around 400-500.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
STS works better/Faster than CS.. Anyone that breeds or makes s1 seeds uses STS.. Me and MO are very familial with CS. I have a CS generator, I use pure silver bars with it. This is a very short list of who uses STS. It's mainly used by breeders.

Last edited:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Heres a link to the colodial silver generator thread...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=60610

I tried this a few times, once successfully and not so much the other times, theres a pic of my generator linked in the first post. That method requires a whole lot of spraying for a long period of time, and some strains dont survive the sprays, much more tedious work. The STS method isnt very expensive at all either.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chemsavor did raise the price of Silver to 45$ for 25g...It was 29$ free ship not anymore.

Cartel530

Veteran
The levels of silver can carry over if they are high. Orgn Kid Talked about it in an interview on the dunn show, his first batches threw out all hermi seeds and through trial and error had to find the right level of silver to make his OGs1 and not have them hermi.

basically you need to find the optimum level to block the ethylene production but not so high that trait is carried across when bred:)

mr.rogers67

Hello Get Mo ,this is my results from recipe #1. I sprayed March 1st ,first day of 12\12 . The 1:9 was used week 1 and 2 .Thank you for the info mr.rogers
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Has any pollen dropped yet ?? I had the same results but no Pollen using 1:4 recipe. I'm now using CBG recipe. I think that's also a 1:9 recipe?

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
very interesting I have never used STS...its on my list tho...seems a lot easier than CS...yeehaw...subscribed...

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
update

update

Both methods seem to be generating pollen, but the pollen from method 1 seems heavier, if that makes sense. Neither produce fallen pollen that i see on the leaves below, might be because i have a fan directly behind them but i havent seen any. Method one creates pollen that is thicker like. I rub the open flowers between my fingers in a way that releases it and thats when i see the pollen.
Recipe 1:
picture.php

picture.php

Recipe 2 seems to be producing thinner, dustier polllen, it took a lot longer for it to kick in to production tho. The plants health bounced back as well.

Recipe 2:
picture.php

picture.php

So far it seems like a lot of things are pollinated, but havent seen any actual seeds yet, just dead hairs and slightly swollen callxs(forgot how to spell that)

Here is a stardawg thats right in the front next to the glues getting the first wind from the fan...

picture.php

I'll let yall know when i see seeds.... hopefully soon. the lights getting close to switching and these babies will go into reveg if they dont come with it soon...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks good MO..I like to collect the pollen so I can selectively pollinate what I what .. I dont need 100's of seeds.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
^thats usually what i would do too, but i had too many strains in my stable and wanted to do a clear out of my veg room n make room for some seeds i popped. had one uh them nights where i just start popping all type of different shit, then they all germ n you be like oh shit what was i thinking, oh well! spring is coming up so everyting can go outside to veg soon enough.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
nice experiment! where do you get your sodium thiosulfate?

I've been wanting to reverse a couple of girls that never throw sacs.

somewhere I remember reading that it worked well to brush the solution only on the internodes where flowers form to avoid stressing the rest of the plant with the solution and burning up the fan leaves, etc. sounded legit to me.