What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Amendments to replace Microblast?

Hello everyone, looking for some advice. Getting ready to make a bio-bucket RDWC system and going to run EJ line up. I'm trying to slowly remove products that aren't OMRI listed so I want to drop microblast for another amendment that is OMRI. Would azomite, sec-crop, or SEA-90 all be suitable to replace microblast?

LostTribe

Premium user
Not sure microblast is good stuff though. EJ makes the microblast so I would say if its not omri listed then the entire ej line probably isnt either. Neither is botanicare pureblend pro but I run that and wont change for anything. Sometime I run a soil based with straight guano's n such but mainly pbp. EJ is nice just to thick for my setup to handle.

plantingplants

Pretty sure that the water soluble EJ is not organic whatsoever. As far as micros, maybe use individual sulfates. Then you can dial them in. I think most can be used for organic production.

Easy7

Veteran
Botanicare has very good products, if you do your homework.

I've given up on hydro. Bottle nutrients are simply too expensive. $600 for 2 grows worth and only $160 for raw soil ferts, that last much much longer. Yield verses quality and cost ratio doesn't pay.

HillMizer

I second plantingplants. Mn sulfate, Cu sulfate, Zn Sulfate and Borax for boron. It's so cheap and it works! A little humic acid to make it work. Go light and watch it. Check your application rates. You can dissolve them in water.
Microblast never did jack for me, hydrostore jugs are a waste of money.

plantingplants

Depends which line. Natural does not mean organic. Just look at the ingredients. Post em. Their water soluble stuff is not organicand contains chemical salts.

It says it's derived from blood meal, steamed bone meal, sulfate of potash, sea kelp, molasses.

So if it's in liquid form then it automatically has chemicals and it's not organic?

And what's the difference between organic and naturally if you don't mind me asking?

Easy7

Veteran
That is not microblast. Microblast is all chelated chems. Yes some ej products are organic or mostly.

Hydro will never be totally organic. But it can be very very close to totally organic.

I think some products have organic ingredients other than there manufacturing process. Keeps them off the omri list.

plantingplants

'Natural' isn't a regulated label while 'organic' is. Natural just implies something .

Liquid doesn't always mean it contains non organic chemical salts. Also, some chemical salts can be used for organic production. The fertilizer you listed may be organic. Potassium sulfate is organic unless it is synthetically derived.

That is not microblast. Microblast is all chelated chems. Yes some ej products are organic or mostly.

Hydro will never be totally organic. But it can be very very close to totally organic.

I think some products have organic ingredients other than there manufacturing process. Keeps them off the omri list.

Hi. Yes you are right I posted the ingredients to ej grow I actually don't use microblast, only grow, bloom and catalyst. My question was really about ej as a whole and how you say that it can't be organic if it's liquid. My question really pertains to whether or not ej is harmful to my bennies and fungi. Sorry for hi jacking the thread, I understand that the question was originally about microblast