What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"The Clear" Solventless hash from harborside

gunnaknow

CO2, the issue wasn't just that it was outdated but that you relied upon it to prove us wrong, when infact we weren't. I don't like to kick a man while he's down, so I said in fairness to you that you were just going by what you had read. However, your manners at times leave alot to be desired, you must surely know that? You'd get alot more respect and support, even when you're wrong, if you just show a little humility and consideration towards others. If you can do that then I think that we'd be happy to see you around.

Dude you guys the bhc or bho is the bomb because you not have real honey oil to compare it to. That shit cracks me up when I hear co2 residue was still lingering in the extract. It would have to be in a solvent state carbonated then sealed tight like a soda bottle tight. If co2 was given the oppertunity to escape, it would. Just like if you left the top off the soda bottle. Truth is butane is the one that really attaches itself well to the extract. More than ethanol or carbon dioxide. You guys can keep on insisting on butane being the biz, but you can't fool people who know. Like my students, clients of Crown Extracts and Harborside, but butane only gets a part of it, the flavanoids. From greek meaning yellow. Real dabbers want red as its psyco-active compounds are in there.

Attachments

• honey_oil.jpg
    honey_oil.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 8

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Roflmao. Co2 residues left behiind? Now I know your not having any idea what your talking about in this field. Aesteticly pleasing to look at and complete high are two way different subjects not even related. Perhaps in the looking good department is the only area butane excells and does a better job than co2. Formulas of co solvents can overcome this challenge. The black looking heroin stuff seems to always beat butane though. Ethanol is co solvent of choice for a few reasons. Taste preservation, yield improvements, and to focus on the areas co2 doesnt cover. So it makes for a complete well rounded sap esp when a hot gravity filtration is performed.

One of us doesn't know what they are talking about for sure.

If that wasn't C02 coming off when I put it under vacuum at -29.5" Hg, perhaps you can tell me what it was?

Attachments

• C02 sample-1-1.jpg
    C02 sample-1-1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 12
  • C02 sample-1-2.jpg
    C02 sample-1-2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 8
Here's the equipment used in SCFE or COsub2 to do it safely. Rated at 6,000psi and 10,000psi, these vessels are capable of yielding.

gunnaknow

Dude you guys the bhc or bho is the bomb because you not have real honey oil to compare it to. That shit cracks me up when I hear co2 residue was still lingering in the extract. It would have to be in a solvent state carbonated then sealed tight like a soda bottle tight. If co2 was given the oppertunity to escape, it would. Just like if you left the top off the soda bottle. Truth is butane is the one that really attaches itself well to the extract. More than ethanol or carbon dioxide. You guys can keep on insisting on butane being the biz, but you can't fool people who know. Like my students, clients of Crown Extracts and Harborside, but butane only gets a part of it, the flavanoids. From greek meaning yellow. Real dabbers want red as its psyco-active compounds are in there.

From what I can gather, it is you who has been continually claiming that one method is better than the other. I don't consider one method to be better than the other, each has it's own merits. I'm sorry to say that some of your ideas are complete nonsense. However, I've been down this road with you twice before and I'm not going to continue explaining the facts to you. It grows old fast. I wish you luck.

High psi is where whipping bho wishes once again. It is cut w stuff from the plant along w the cannabinods, terpines, and flavaniods all mixed together bulky yields. It's more for profit at this harsh condition. When potency is the objective, it's more at a room temperature which sometimes is supercritical but by lack of pressure as a subcritical liquid there is selectivity happening around 800psi- 1,000psi is ideal. Here is where resident time, overall stability of temp, is most important key. Use of co-solvent is a must at subcritical conditions.

SilentHawk

Hey Guys,

Tried this stuff a few weeks ago, HHC told me its concentrate made from concentrate (vs from flowers) And that they vac purge it again to ensure its pure.

It toally had a very very VERY strong citrus smell, almost like Apricot and lemon.

This is what it looks like:
CC-%20Skywalker%20OG_16253_$6-_Studio_07.29.13.jpg

Here is what i found out from another member.

And then they add in terpenes, essentially lemon or orange oil, sometimes as high as 5% of the total weight, it's great for the unseasoned smoker who wants to eat candy instead of smoking, but most experienced smokers find the added terpenes cloying and nasty.

Was told this after a friend of mine with Stay Concentrated came back from a trip to the west coast, he was invited to learn about the process, and was pretty discouraged by what he saw, went right back to making BHO and Ice Wax.

Too good to be true? Probably is.

Hope this info is helpful and that we can find out what this stuff is and how its made!!!

gunnaknow

If that wasn't C02 coming off when I put it under vacuum at -29.5" Hg, perhaps you can tell me what it was?

GW, I agree with you that atleast some of it will be CO2 coming off. The vast majority of the CO2 will have been removed long before but after the oleoresin reaches a certain degree of solidity, the remainder will become trapped. Cannabinoids and especially waxes have long molecular structures that are capable of trapping gas and the high viscosity will also help to trap the gas. Although the amount of gas that remains will be low, even if it takes up a large volume.

Looks like hes not the only one saying it either:

I added no terpines to that clear extract. I targeted them specificly in minimal amounts of 1% hexane. Along w another1% ethanol and isobutane in 1% amounts of co2 as weight overall. But it was the diluting and use of activated charcoal brought to boil and vacuum filtered hot is why its so clear. I used a small column w diatomatious earth to filter the charcoal. Its usually followed up after winterization if needed.

Attachments

• IMG_20130126_003517.jpg
    IMG_20130126_003517.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20130117_221544-1.jpg
    IMG_20130117_221544-1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 11

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Guys,

Tried this stuff a few weeks ago, HHC told me its concentrate made from concentrate (vs from flowers) And that they vac purge it again to ensure its pure.

It toally had a very very VERY strong citrus smell, almost like Apricot and lemon.

This is what it looks like:
View Image

Here is what i found out from another member.

Hope this info is helpful and that we can find out what this stuff is and how its made!!!

That looks and sounds like the SCFE C02 oil I saw, that was lightened using chromatography and had 5% d-Lemonene added.

gunnaknow

I'd prefer to add my own, that way I can change the terpenes used and tweak the amounts to suit my needs. I'll probably have some with rectified (FCF) bergamot oil today. I usually have it pure but it's good to have the choice. Having a big lump of oleoresin ready mixed with limonene would pose abit of a problem for me.

prune

Veteran

From what i can gather from the garble, he seems to be using a "doping solution" as an additive to enhance the extraction range of his process, it is probably remnants of that concoction that is effervescing?

Hey Gunnaknow, How do you go about adding in your rectified bergamot oil? What is the color/consistancy of the resulting mix? Ive aways wanted to experiment with adding terpenes for my own personal use. Thanks

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Back in the day when I did commercial oil the input strain did not really matter unless the terpenes were not vacuumed out.
1.7 gram bottles went for $200 so the $60 per gram sounds inexpensive if it really is 70% THC in the product.
The THC content can be controlled, 60% was the target, easier to measure the dose with a larger drop needed.
Personal use only now, the cancer in my right lung prevents me from smoking bud, oil vapor irritates the lung much less. Heart rate does not go as nuts either.

Pakistani hash plants gave a bright yellow, other plants were colorless, or darker amber.
A lot of the variation was moisture contamination pulling polar chemicals out with the THC, getting the raw material to under 3% water is important for consistency.

Hooked on it? Well, I do not smoke bud anymore and go through 2 grams per week of oil. Sleep patterns are altered if I miss a day, worse the second day.
I don't miss three days very often, not the last few years anyway, is food addicting?

gunnaknow

Hey Gunnaknow, How do you go about adding in your rectified bergamot oil? What is the color/consistancy of the resulting mix? Ive aways wanted to experiment with adding terpenes for my own personal use. Thanks

Hey Regis, I simply add the essential oil to the vaporizer along with the oleoresin. I often add one drop of essential oil but you can add less if you wish by dissolving the desired essential oil in undenatured ethanol or pure grain alcohol at perhaps a 1:10 ratio and then add a drop of that to the vaporizer. If you want to add it directly to the oleoresin then it's simply a case of gently melting the oleoresin, taking it off the heat and mixing in the essential oil until it's homogenized. I prefer to keep the two separate though, as it gives you more freedom to change things to suit your mood.

I choose rectified bergamot oil over other citrus oils when I'm looking for more than just a high limonene content. Bergamot is unique among the citrus fruits in that it's also high in linalyl acetate. A compound that's great for relieving stress and anxiety, as is the closely related compound linalool. If I had to describe how rectified bergamot oil changes the high, I'd say that it increases the feeling of being wrapped up in a soft, comforting blanket and it makes the high more cheerful. You can also use food grade Lavender oil for it's high levels of linalyl acetate and linalool but it has little in the way of limonene, so the feeling isn't as light.

That looks and sounds like the SCFE C02 oil I saw, that was lightened using chromatography and had 5% d-Lemonene added.

Right on, thanks for the compliment. Only terps from the weed where in there. Only activated charcoal and a tiny bit of diatomatous earth were used to obtain those results as was this. Solid at room temp and only stuck to itself. Not the bag, not my fingers, and was 200 proof reagant grade ethanol. The real biz is 200 proof UNDENATURED food grade ethanol. 100% alcohol that is acceptable for human consumption. Sorry about the old photo's as I beat Manufacturing Charges in L.A. County, I factory reset my phone due to paranoia, deleting the most recent works. Had I been busted doing BHO I would be looking at a 8 year min sentence.

Attachments

• 2012-01-07_14-07-51_441.jpg
    2012-01-07_14-07-51_441.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 11

gunnaknow

Personal use only now, the cancer in my right lung prevents me from smoking bud, oil vapor irritates the lung much less. Heart rate does not go as nuts either.

Hey Phaeton, I'm sorry to hear of your problems bro. I'm sure that everyone here wishes you well.

gunna

I added no terpines to that clear extract. I targeted them specificly in minimal amounts of 1% hexane. Along w another1% ethanol and isobutane in 1% amounts of co2 as weight overall. But it was the diluting and use of activated charcoal brought to boil and vacuum filtered hot is why its so clear. I used a small column w diatomatious earth to filter the charcoal. Its usually followed up after winterization if needed.

Of the two picts. Eden Labs 9550psi supercritical extraction is bulky and waxy when product purity is concerned, low pressure co2 works best as compared to the picture on the left where I obtained crystalline structure at about 20 bar using co2 and DI water. That's a good example of how high psi dilutes the desired compounds of interest w ballast, and bulky yields more for profit than anything else.