What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C4DD - info, grow-along and test grows.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
VG,

Can you describe the difference in smells between these and the Chem D clone? (It was the actual clone with the bad leaf patterns? Or was it a clone of a rez ibl?)

how do they smell when dry?

How strong is the smell? (Smell it through the bag?) (Smell it through the jar?) (airvac and jar required?)

How "smelly"? if it was in your pocket and you were out and about? (reek up an airport terminal?)

Concerning smell it is all relative. Consider it as a baseline. I've heard some great things concerning JJ's version of "c4d" (the infamous stardawg) and it's smell. I've even chanced to smell it in veg. It was strong.

Can you post any dry shots?

Other future release plans? (need more beans to sort through. pheno hunt. / Male hunt.)

hey TR i missed this post, sorry.

the C4D was crossed with the Chen D clone with the bad leaf patterns, none of the CC4D girls i grew had the bad leaf pattern.

I have to say it smells very much like the chem d clone, possibly a few extra terpenes thrown in. i'll post a smoke report and some dry buds some point soon.

its smells VERY strong. i had an ounce in a metal coffee can with metal lid on yesterday and was surprised to be able to smell it still.

i think a pheno hunt would yield some great plants to choose from. The plants seem a little higher yeiding and better growing than the Chem D cut.
i havent had the chem 4 myself so hard to make comparisons there but possibly some slightly more diesely smells in there as well as the 'minty sweaty socks' of the chem d

VG

Bmac1

Veteran
Very nice cross by the looks of things. Are these available anywhere or are they still in tester stage? Need any more testers?

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
very nice job vg, i also do sometime the same stress for keep low the high, plants coming nice , respect for share great job

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
hey TR i missed this post, sorry.

the C4D was crossed with the Chen D clone with the bad leaf patterns, none of the CC4D girls i grew had the bad leaf pattern.

I have to say it smells very much like the chem d clone, possibly a few extra terpenes thrown in. i'll post a smoke report and some dry buds some point soon.

its smells VERY strong. i had an ounce in a metal coffee can with metal lid on yesterday and was surprised to be able to smell it still.

i think a pheno hunt would yield some great plants to choose from. The plants seem a little higher yeiding and better growing than the Chem D cut.
i havent had the chem 4 myself so hard to make comparisons there but possibly some slightly more diesely smells in there as well as the 'minty sweaty socks' of the chem d

VG

Thank you VG.

Anticipating your report and future pictures.

One would need more then just the twenty beans to pheno hunt properly. Should have scored a few more packs when they were listed. Hopefully can scoop up three or four more next time.

What are your plans from here? More selection and further back crossing?

I believe if a proper male is found I will sort through some F2's and maybe cross to the TD Tres Sister.

Then hopefully acquire some '91 pollen and go from there.

thanks again.
:tiphat:
TR

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys, i think the first thing im going to do is make more of these seeds as i have the pollen and im already pretty convinced this is a winner. ( i have enough to send a proper batch in the new year already)
as for furthering a line, i dont really believe in repeated back-crosses. any benefits not achieved by the first bx are unlikely happen with further bx'ing imo. not that im an expert :D
i would probably select some good phenos over a couple of rounds and then inbreed for a generation or two...
VG

Hello ICMAG,

All where males but 3 they are huge colas...... three different phenotypes!!!!!!!! Pics going up tonight!!!! Thanks again VG..

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
look forward to it DETS!

been smoking some of this over christmas, me and my friends, we all agree that this is a good representation of the chem D Funk. i would say the C4DD has similar potency to the D, and smells very close except that it has a sickly sweetness and a lime/citrus zestyness to it which works great with the chem notes.

lost my good camera and i suck at macros anyway, but here are some dry nug macros of the two phenos. both are very frosty
picture.php

picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think he got 7 males and 3 girls, but thats still not a brilliant ratio!

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
i think he got 7 males and 3 girls, but thats still not a brilliant ratio!

Ah that sounds better!

Yeah it's looking like three boys and two girls for me, the ladies are throwing pistillate preflowers all over the shop.

I'll get some pics up next day or so.

Happy new year all!

Peace

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

C4DD lady pheno #1 about to be flowered. I topped her as she was stretching taller than her sister.

Leaves appear Chem D like and she's smelling seriously funky already. Carbon filters required in veg I think.

Peace

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

C4DD lady pheno #2. She has a beautiful blueish sheen to her and is branching heavily and staying short, despite being untopped.

She stinks too.

Peace

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good piff. have you seen any of the Chem D leaf streak on any of your plants? cant see any in the pics.

what size light will you be flowering under?

VG

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
looking good piff. have you seen any of the Chem D leaf streak on any of your plants? cant see any in the pics.

what size light will you be flowering under?

VG

Thanks mate, no streaks on any of the ladies but I think I noticed it on one of the boys.

The ladies will be flowered under their own 400w HPS in about 20L organic soil each. They've been vegging for ages so hopefully we'll have some beasts in a few weeks time.

Pics of the males to follow shortly. One is a super stinker with visible trichs on the large fans in veg!

I think you've created a monster VG! :dance013:

Peace

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
picture.php

I only noticed this on one leaf on the stinkiest most resinous male.

I have noticed some spidermite damage to all the plants so it may just be that. I'll keep an eye on that plant for any more signs of it.

Peace

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats good news piff, i guess that could be a little streak on the male but im glad they are largely free of the streak... i have seen it in some C4D phenos but not herb's male.

to say i created this is perhaps flattering me too much. i just saw some potential for the cross and had always wanted to bring some of the Chem 'phenos' together... so when herb chatted to me about a C4D male he had kept i took the opportunity to give it a go.

should be a good show!

VG

theherbalizor

Veteran
I see a fair bit of the male in those pics Pif. Lovely!

The male is the stinkiest plant I have ever had, period. Stinks way more than the chem d itself.

The c4d male unto the chem d can only bring about pure dreamy, chemy funky goodness!

Happy New Years to one and all!