What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strawberry Cough x SSSDH Test Grow

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:woohoo:

My first test grow - Thank you for the opportunity OJD.

I use Advanced Nutrients to feed in 60% Coco mixed with 20% perilite and 20% growstones but currently undecided on what size containers.

The seeds were put into water for 8 hours then paper towels for 16 hours. They began to pop so I transferred into 2:1 coco/perilite.

I put them in a tray with a heat mat underneath and a dome on top - and covered with a towel. After one full day + Two were up.

The following day 3 more were up and out. One was very pale - while the first two were very light green - not the case anymore. retired the heat mat - the last two gotta live with 75F.

The next day one of the last two were up and the following day the last one made it.

Right now they are sitting under a 100W T5 in my veg tent. I have a 1200w flower room for later.

I want to actually put one seedling in the flower room and watch it grow from 12/12 - anyone else? I have yet to do it.

I'll make an Album for the test later.

Some pics from today - the seedlings are a nice dark green and going strong.

:tiphat:

Attachments

• 2013_0715_0049_16.jpg
    2013_0715_0049_16.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 2013_0715_0048_52.jpg
    2013_0715_0048_52.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 2013_0715_0049_58.jpg
    2013_0715_0049_58.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 2013_0715_0049_07.jpg
    2013_0715_0049_07.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 2013_0715_0049_00.jpg
    2013_0715_0049_00.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 43

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll throw one in flower as soon as room clears up from the first round of harvest.

Charged the medium - and if they ate any of it - that too

OJD - Anything you would like to see and/or be done with the genetics, apart from growing and smoking :D?

Attachments

• 2013_0715_2236_55.jpg
    2013_0715_2236_55.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 39

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi bro

nice start

on 12/12 from seed
im not sure the strawberry cough would do well like that, doesnt stretch to much like a haze
so maybe wait a week so you can pick out a sssdh looking pheno as they love it
but this is a test bro so whatever you decide sounds good with me

look forward to the show
peace

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks - and point taken.

For enduring my recent feeding habits - these things sure have grown. I didn't water them for like a week since their 1st feed. and then they just got fed for the 3rd time over all today.

Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow 25ml per 4 gallons
AN F-1 25ml per 4 gallons (finishing this off)
Amino Treatment 3ml per 4 gallons

The amino and F-1 are pretty much out then its just base.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 31 Veg

Day 31 Veg

Exactly 1 month since seeds touched coco and to be honest I have not been playing fair.

two maybe three weeks till flower for these girls.

Cloning them all first that'll be the topping. Then i'm going to up pot them - they all are well rooted but not root bound.

Not sure what size pot to throw these suckers in - but I think the 3 gallons will have to make dew another round.

The plan is to blast em with 100% 600W MH for the next two/3 weeks while feeding twice a day 600 ppms base AN Sensi Grow Nutes.

In that time I will be cloning - training - and up potting.

The closet will also be getting some upgrades in that time to prepare it for worry free flowering.

EDIT: I forgot to mention - I have one "runt" its just bent sideways "leaning" compared to the other plant stalks going straight up. Each plant seems to be expressing the the same structure in growth and leaf pattern as well as being the same size. I'll be Numbering them soon for cloning and will document any relevant differences between the 7 girls.

I have noticed nute sensitivity in a few and it will be noted.

A

Alone

The Strawberry Dogshit Im growing= Strawberry Cough x OG Chem had leaning main stalks as well. Its just the way they grow?
I also found a runt pheno. Prob from the recessive traits of Straw Cough genetics, I would presume, based on what Im hearing and seeing.

D

DJXXPLATINUM

YOU'RE KILLIN IT LYRYC....POPPIN MINE SOON....THE GANESH STRAW DIESEL HAD SOME CRAZY RED PHENOS...HOPE THESE DO TOO..DJ

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good bro

the runt sounds like a strawberry trait your talking about
she can be kinda slow
especialy compared to the sssdh

sounds like they going to really blow up in next few weeks with the potting up and upgrade of light

peace

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My pleasure! Up pot coming later this week. I have to choose which 4 will get 3 gallon pots vs 1 gallon pots for the other 3.

They growing strong - going to top them once space opens up in the cloner

Height - node spacing - even leaf serrations are, so far, very identical.

Sir OJD, whats the projected bloom period?

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Hey bro, beauty plants!

Id put the stretchers in the bigger pots. Could just be my deranged mind, but seems to me the more sat leaning phenos will be in the pots longer needing more root space.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey bro, beauty plants!

Id put the stretchers in the bigger pots. Could just be my deranged mind, but seems to me the more sat leaning phenos will be in the pots longer needing more root space.

Might pick up square pots tmrw and up pot all of them to 3 gallons or close to it.

good info tho - i'll keep that in mind :thank you:

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 39 Update

Day 39 Update

Upgrades! 9x9 black hydrofarm containers for everyone!!!

Give or take a week for them to bounce back from xshock - I feel confident within a week these bitches will be up to no good.

Gorgeous plants - I marked I think one or two during transplant because they smelled strong already

The coco is reused from last round - so water/hygrozyme to start em off.

They'll get a steady flow of Sensi Grow A+B with Hygrozyme for another week probably two but should be in flower by that second week

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smells something funky in the veg closet!

Topping them which equals the cloning as well - then flower - Sunday 12/12 time

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice update bro

looking great
nice work

early smells sound good
going to be fun come flower time

peace

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:wave: sup guise

Sex is showing - A few are purple stemmed - maybe its something else - we'll see if it goes away.

They wore in their new shoes and were all eager to eat today. Will go back to normal feeding routine in another two days.

As for flowering - Gotta wait on the cloner then after I have a successful rooted clone - and they get to grow even bigger :D they'll get to get freaky.