What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Never Say Never

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Alright I've said it. i meant it. but i just cant. i cant do it. i gotta log something.

i said i was done in the diary biz. i said i wasnt gonna get so many strains. i said i said i said.

fuck what i said.

even if i dont share all the good the bad and the ugly i can still throw in a pic of something pretty, document a seed grow for a friend, or just give out advise on what not to do at least.

i will throw up pics here n there of first attempts at a strain, especially from seed. Generally i hope this thread is a place for my friends and the like to say hello and post up something to compare, share, or just some funny internet meme. did i mention i love memes. some of them just kill me.:biggrin:

well i hope to get lots of visits from fam and friend cuz being a new daddy i dont get out much these days and it sure is nice to talk all things mary jane with like minded folks. ive missed the lot of you. i hope i was in the deep back part of your brains while i was gone. probably not but i can dream cant I lol

questions comments critisisms whatever let it fly. :tiphat:

here is the first photo of the thread.
Platinum Kush- first go at her- loved it- cant wait for round two with her
picture.php

picture.php

well i have many things to do today but first on my list was joing the forums once again. check that off the list real quick. Ok i am mid harvest currently at another new office so i must go.

hey thanks for all the years of support and comments IC community. it has all truely been a motivator all these years.

Sir

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Since you can't hold back, Mind tossing in some of that Green Crack knowledge you got? I've been searching for documented grows of the crack.

Just curious about a few things. How long is the flower phase? Was told 8 weeks.
Big Yields? Not my main concern, but will help gauge if I need stalk support or to drop a screen.
Does she reek? If she isn't that stank, could get away with no carbon filter for the 1st month of flower?

That nug shot you graced me with is such a TEASER!!! Alas it is welcome, and very very motivating.

Any nutrient info for the strain or observations?

That PK looks magnificent! Really nice Resin production on that strain. Is that a smaller plant? I ask cause the buds are spaced/smaller.

SirSmokalot

Veteran
Watching the walking dead as I type. A big line tonight was " a man once told me never say never" I had a lil chuckle

MP- thanks for the welcoming bro I'm happy to be back
TS- old green eyes gonna miss ya
AS- glad to see ya hope ya like the rest.
MF- thanks manit should be fun I have a lot of new toys.

Well when I get to my PC I will post a few other pics of my new strains.

As mentioned in my first post there was a point when I said I didn't want another diary. I felt I was becoming repetitive mostly and although the scenery has always changed with me moving n upgrading constantly, the strains I ran had in most part remained the same. I still have my staple of stable genetics but I have recently written off a few varieties and gained a few more and then some like any respecting ganja junkie. I am really trying to find what works for me and my situation and that means exploring what the world has to offer when it comes my way so let's do it basically.

My setup is always changing. A variable soon to be remedied with the eventual build of a permanent location. This diary however will not be showcasing anything setup related like in the past. I will mostly focus on new clones I'm running, and A seed grow or two along the way. I always miss the thrill of seeds. My last attempt at a fresh start met with disaster. I made it to work late and all my seedlings wilted up. sigh.

So yeah let me get my work done and I'll post up a few other first timers for me. Not all great pics but it's what I got. I am out of practice. I took six months off from my work so as expected the photographer skills have faded as well. Apparently they go hand in hand for me. It's really the only thing I shoot lol

LyryC I will fork over the intel on her when I return. Gotta go brotha be back soon

Penguin59

Hi Sir! Glad to hear you're back and that this place has given you so many good memories over the years.

Will be watching to see more of those frosty nugs buddy!

SirSmokalot

Veteran
the GSC first time with her. most of you know the story on her, but for those of you who do not the cookies yeilds soso. many small dense buds. the longer she ran the more confident i was that i would be pleased. fills out late IMO think i can fatten her up this was an undersized container mainly. 1 gal smart pot im guessing in the 3oz range when its all said and done. currently hanging i will see how close i was soon. the pic is day 44 im pretty sure. lil blurry they were the best i had
picture.php

picture.php

rapberry kush - not my first run but maybe my second or third plant of her im not sure but liking it more gotta let her go 10 weeks i think is all. that is a top its actually sideways
picture.php

dubtech7 - another first attempt. gets huge im thinking 2+ zips per gallon of container type of gal with ease. its in a spot i cant reach to get good pics due to the nets. also consider the size after knowing this is 2k on a mover covering roughly 9ft by 7ft in this particular room. with stationary light or less area for the mover... well lets say i cant wait to try it. also placement limits my interaction im not even sure what she smells like. just never touch it. was free range marijuana in here.
picture.php

ok these 2 def are not new, they are just the two local favorites among myself and the whole chain of recipients. its what the new is always contending with for garden sq footage the white and the sourdub i just love these two
picture.php

marlo INB stra penguin thanks guys glad to have you along. im already in good company off to a good start

about the GC for my friend lyryc
IMO 9 weeker but peeps do take as early as 45days. she is not done but stanks by then so bad and is quite filled in as well but the potency is lacking. commercial cats love the run time but commercial cats will hate dealing with her unruly form. i can only speak from my experience but my green crack gets quite heavy and mostly my branches hold the weight. i lollipop well but nothing overbore. keep her opend up. i like to plant on an angle the seem to LST itself and get stiff branches. i also use and believe in silica from the jump in veg and mostly through flower. it helps a ton with strains like this especially. lots of horizontil branching use a net is a yes if u can why not. i use dual levels of netting when i use it why not. filter is a yes yes yes this bitch stinks but its so good. just wait you will see. i only have it still because of the smell and taste. everything i keep i consider elite she is still here. but many elites got their issues. alot like women really they all got problems just gotta find the ones whos problems u can deal with hers is the structure only IMO so i run her lightly just for the GC head stash jar.
the platinums are big yeilders not huge but it will be many golf balls all the way up every branch. i will guess 4 zips+ per 2 gal smart pot topped once as a small clone n let ride with light lollipopping. nugged up solid all the way down i chopped at 61 days the pic is from day 44, and i think it should go 9-10 and leaning on 10. im having to chop to make room for my overgrowing veg

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
about the GC for my friend lyryc
IMO 9 weeker but peeps do take as early as 45days. she is not done but stanks by then so bad and is quite filled in as well but the potency is lacking. commercial cats love the run time but commercial cats will hate dealing with her unruly form. i can only speak from my experience but my green crack gets quite heavy and mostly my branches hold the weight. i lollipop well but nothing overbore. keep her opend up. i like to plant on an angle the seem to LST itself and get stiff branches. i also use and believe in silica from the jump in veg and mostly through flower. it helps a ton with strains like this especially. lots of horizontil branching use a net is a yes if u can why not. i use dual levels of netting when i use it why not. filter is a yes yes yes this bitch stinks but its so good. just wait you will see. i only have it still because of the smell and taste. everything i keep i consider elite she is still here. but many elites got their issues. alot like women really they all got problems just gotta find the ones whos problems u can deal with hers is the structure only IMO so i run her lightly just for the GC head stash jar.
the platinums are big yeilders not huge but it will be many golf balls all the way up every branch. i will guess 4 zips+ per 2 gal smart pot topped once as a small clone n let ride with light lollipopping. nugged up solid all the way down i chopped at 61 days the pic is from day 44, and i think it should go 9-10 and leaning on 10. im having to chop to make room for my overgrowing veg

Bravo Sir! you earned a fan! I'm glad your honest with me, I'm actually more interested in getting the taste locked in while it looks frosty opposed to stackin weight. Chill strain to start with.
And my stalks do not grow straight up, this green crack is not a sativa at all. Bushy indica traits all day, and right now the internodes are SOOOO close together, those tops are going to be beautes! Now back to you

You have great Trichome production may I inquire about the nutrients are you using?

SirSmokalot

Veteran
Lyric- yeah bud you are gonna like her. Yes branches do not grow up they are mainly horizontal. The tips will turn up in bloom over here though. That's why I like planting them sideways some it gets all the horizontal branches into the light they kinda stiffen up nice when u do this. The flavor does not fade as the buds mature stays stinky tastes at any day you chop in my experience. I think the oils really begin to pour on after the 8 week mark making it extra greasy tastey.
For nutrients I'm using many things. My base is house and garden. I've seen plenty of frosty results from cheaper alternatives but the blend I'm rockin just seems to win out in the flavor department. Big thing is use enzymes and if u can beneficials. Some great white or humbolt myco madness. Using these helps in so many ways IMO. I mostly use enzymes but when I'm feeling up to it I rock the beneficials too with those mentioned or compost tea mix and it always has a positive effect.
If using a single part I recommend floranova line grow and bloom. Combine with an enzyme, a cal/ mg supplement that kushes crave, and a PK booster. I use MOAB but powder Koolbloom works well for the price. Of course a sugar product for the beneficials to munch on like sweet or humbolt honey. I use both at different weeks. I cut the sweet out at week4 because it has Magnesium in it. I stop all forms of Mg at week 4. This greatly cuts down curing time for flavor n harshness and I think makes all the difference in smooth smoke.
Hope that helps. There are many feeding schedules on IC. Mine is custom. What I like about it is I can run 15 diff strains and they all love it, I'm certain a few like some extra or some less which I try my best to provide through hand watering but so far it's a come one come all schedule that's been working amazing for two or three years now. If u want more details I will pm you thanks for the kind words man.

Chubbynugs- hey bro come sit in the VIP section my brotha. Glad u are back as well u actually inspired me to fire one up so thanks for the motivation.

Trichrider- u know the bouncer so come on in for free bro. Lol

P

puma

hello SIR:tiphat:
ahh the begining of one of your threads cool....

ok so first off glad your rolling out another thread and i see your opening things up in a very nice way PLATINUM KUSH--RASPBERRY KUSH--DUBTECH7 never grown any of them but have heard ppl talk of them so hell ya i'd like to stick around and watch the show for-sure....

good looking GSC ive been fighting with mine for 6 months and still cant get her to do right, i have 4 going now and if they dont do something in this round there kicked out the back door.....

is that SOURDUB as good as ppl say she is?....

really nice:bump:

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whats funny is I got most of those Microbes and Beneficials at the indoor expo this weekend.

I'll actually do a side by side of greatwhite vs piranha vs "promix pur mycorrhizal inoculant", got all 3. Hmmm... I'm seeing a separate tray with all the testers labeled in it. Testing bud candy on a few plants also.

H&G is the shit smokealot. I came up on 3 of their amino treatment bottles. Just fed the whole family with it today ha. With results like yours and the fact that you grow so many strains with the same nutrients goes to show the power of a balanced mix.

I think this ph perfect line is too ez, and I hand water as well, lets me gauge whose really thirsty and its not like i'm running a zoo :)

Thanks for all that knowledge man. Its awesome sharing the same passion with a grand array of classy mother fuckers!

I'll be chillin with the rest of the goon squad checkin out the skillz haha

How is this guy no a mentor??? What a plethora of information you are Sir, atta boy!!! Dt#7 looks great, pics remind me of a decap run in dirt. Keep up the good work brotha!!

Latest posts

Latest posts