What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lucas VS. Advanced Nutrients

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
i've done

maxibloom - lucas style and it worked great
gh micro/bloom - lucas style and it worked great
AN micro/bloom - lucas style and it worked great
AN jungle juice micro/bloom - lucas style and it worked great.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
i've done

maxibloom - lucas style and it worked great
gh micro/bloom - lucas style and it worked great
AN micro/bloom - lucas style and it worked great
AN jungle juice micro/bloom - lucas style and it worked great.

Haven't done anything with AN but I've rocked both GH Micro/Bloom and Maxibloom. Awesome :D

No need to "shake" maxibloom a lot or even use warm water. Time is your friend. Shake it, pH it and let it sit for 2hrs.... it'll be clean and clear. :D
(Most of the initial cloudiness is calcium... you'll get a soft plant if you water one and leave the residue in the bottom of the jug. heh)

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Cib

this thread was only useful for me to know that exist a lucas formula version for maxibloom

great ! sooo....7grams/ gallon and I will be fine ? cool !

Cib

thanks a lot DarkStar270 !

hey mate I'm running the strain of your nick (darkstar) from THSEEDs....very good medicine !

Bio boy

is there any pics? i cant see any really, im using lucas and was lookign at that maxi way, though i need some more info on them first before i jump in,
seems a bit silly to use only 1 thing,

but id love to see the an comparison on bud shots,

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
seems a bit silly to use only 1 thing

LOL, after 10 years using Lucas with various GH nutes and 4 years using Maxibloom only..... It seems silly to use more than one. LOL

I go to the infirmary these days and see folks with issues that are using 3m of X product, 5ml XY, 2ml AB, 15ml Rootx, 5ml cal/mag and on and on.... just gotta shake my head and sigh.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

MileHighGuy

Veteran
For Chemicals I absolutely love the Lucas Formula using nothing but Flora Nova Bloom and some KoolBloom for a flower boost.

But, I have since switched to Organics and won't be going back.... ever.

Peace

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I am in the transition to 100% organic as well. That is where we should be anyways especially if we are putting this in our bodies. Not starting an organics vs. chem war though because I LOVE my buds now and I flush everything well enough to feel confident with my meds being safe BUT I still want to go organic.

I am currently using advanced jungle juice but using the lucas formula 6/9

d4herb

Nice link MileHighGuy: www.lucasformula.com
short, sweet and simple.

BTW I just love forums.."Welcome to ICmag...I am not trying to insult you...etc." and that was insulting to a new member IMO.

Can't we all just get along? :) :comfort:

Too many threads turn into pissing contests.

I would find it highly educational if you were to try this again, and hopefully figure out how to use AN to it's full potential. Every AN user I talk to says you really have to tweak with your recipe to get optimal results.
I use advanced micro grow and bloom line and some additives and just follow the recipe online and i just bring my ppm a bit lower than they say too and the plants grow like wild fire. Im very happy with advanced but they are too $$$$$$ but grow like crazy.. I am changing my nutes to green leaf, They make formulas very close to what advanced does but its in powder form, and a hell alot cheaper. In a few months i will post my results.. If you contact gren leaf nutrients they will work with you and give you a free trial bunch of nutes to try out. Thes is what i did ,still waiting as i just ordered last night

Faint

MileHighGuy

Veteran
I will never "tweak" until perfect with advanced.... that is such bullshit that I should have to go against the directions of the manufacturer and make up my own regimen....

Advanced can suck my left and right nut with some wet betty on top.

+ the price is too Damn HIGH! (Their marketing guys are awesome though)

MileHighGuy

Veteran
35wv0x.jpg

TicalionStalion

man, I dont know what this talk about dosage confusion is...its 4ml/l for the base nutes, 2 ml/l for additives...whats so hard? I mean obviously you have to be smart and start at half strength, this goes for any nute line. I mean they all wanna sell nutes right? to me, this is the easiest dosage in the game. not to mention I never have to PH adjust my shit w the AN. ill admit 5 years ago it sucked, but cmon guys, the ones bashin AN, do u realize they revamped thier shit, all the dosages are the same. I do admit there are ALOT of parts, and some are pricey...but I have yet to use better shit. sorry if this sounds dumb, I didnt read thru this thread yet, I just saw the meme above haha.