What's new

Columbian Sativa

Tandare

I started a colombian sativa exactly two months ago today.
I hope you enjoy my pictures. :wave:

The pictures will be posted in differant stages of growth up to date.
I have not sexed this plant yet.
I want to take some clones and use this plant to kick off my flower room.
If this plant turns out to be a female I plan to keep this colombian as a mother plant.
I have never cloned before but i have read many threads and decided the best way to go would be to place the clones in a glass of water.
Adding root gel and a slant cut to the bottom and scrape one edge from bottom up about 1/4 inch to help the roots grow out.
I was going to just place them in soil and use misted water on them but after reading so many threads the clone in the glass of water seems to have been the best reported success rate that I could find.
Anyway this is the mother plant and no clones have been taken yet.

This is when the plant was about two weeks old.

These where taken about a week ago at 7 weeks of age

Comments would be great.
The beans used where from unknown strains the bud I sampled was colombian a progressive high.
The leaf is wider where the plant started out and seems to be growing longer thinner leaves as the plant gets older.
I have other strains I will add to updates to this thread.
But for now I thought I would start out with my colombian plants.

This next plant is a unknown colombian strain a 100% creeper.
When I first sampled the bud I was worried I had got some bunk smoke as after half a joint I felt no buzz.
By the time I finished the first joint I was feeling a awesome buzz coming on that lasted over 2 hours and left as creeper as it came on.
I had not smoked a creeper in many many years.
I decided to grow a bean and hope to keep this going.

The following four images are my creeper colombian unknown.
the leaves look like they are wider than Sativa.
Possible they will begin to grow thinner longer leaves as this plant grows taller.
I dont know the genetics so possible this plant has been crossed with a indica.
Comments are most welcome and looked forward to.
I dont have any world famous strains like many of you here are growing.
But I love my plants just the same :yoinks:
I have learned so much in the time I have spent in this forum.
So you guys are like my idols I look up to :) :lurk: :wave:

Tandare

Last edited:
G

Hola from Colombia

Hola from Colombia

Tandare Beautiful plants! They look very healthy and loved and a good size for their age. However they don't look like any of the Colombian strains I have grown. That could be because I have only grown them in Colombia outdoors and maybe they grow differnt up there. Looks like maybe something from Santa Marta or around that area cause of the fat leaves but none of mine have a leaf like that. There are so many differnt climates and strains here I am sure I've not seen them all.

Santa Marta Gold 06

Yours should be showing sex now or very soon, then the fun starts as you watch the frosty buds grow and grow. Mine really like to streach in the first part of flowering so you might want to watch out for that. Tandare your plants look wonderful and I know your going to be enjoying some sweet Colombian sinsemilla soon. Thanks for your interest in this classic sativa.
Side note Columbia is owned by Sony (I think) and they make movies, Colombia is a south american country. No offense
Great grow and I will be watching this one.
Peace

Hello Tandare

Nice looking plants you got there.
About taking clones i have always got good results when i put my cuts in earth and small pots inside a dome to keep high humidity.I use a transparent plastic box and lid with flurocents hanging over.I usually got roots within two weeks with or without roothormones.
Looking forward to seeing some buds

Tandare

hello

hello

Hi Redone,
Thanks for checking out my grow.
Sorry about the spelling of colombia :) no pun intended!
As far as I know nothing true colombian has came around here after the early 80's.
So these beans are from what others have grown trying their best to keep these strains going.
No way for me to be sure what genetics has or has not been mixed :-(
Here is a picture of the bud used for the beans.

This has a home grown green look to it.
But the taste and smell is what I remember colombian to be.

All my original seeds are over 15 years old.
The ones I tried to sprout did not grow as they are too old.

I agree the look of the leaf could be from growing in a differant area.
But I would think there would be some kind of simularity if these where true colombian.
Keep in mind the original bean these would have come from would now be over 25 years old.
Breeders mix in other strains and who could have known the original would not find its way back any time soon.

My original goal when starting these was to breed this sativa to a indica.

I have been blessed by the bud gods with some Affy sativa beans that should sprout today or very soon.
Pictures will be available from the first sprout of life I see :)

The best way I have been able to judge what to introduce into this years grow is the taste smell and high.
If these all meet my requirements than I will not be afraid to grow out the beans.
And a sativa & indica cross will be a nice blend for personal enjoyment.
However I do look forward to the day of growing something pure like many other breeders here already enjoy the results of.
Pull up a chair and enjoy the grow.
I will be adding images and info on the other sativa strains I have growing.
Two of the other strains I started half a joint was keeping me high several hours.
One looks pure indica the other looks crossed half indica half sativa.
They say what is grown and cured right will be better than the strains they are grown from.
With this in mind.
I feel I will be very pleased with the end results.

My main plant named colombian is just over 3 feet tall now.
Placed under 4 fluorecent lights two cool whites and two plant & aqarium lights 40 watt each.
the bottom branches are not getting enough light.
Small leaves fell off first and now a large succer leaf fell off last night.
Leaves did not yellow or look bad they just fell off :-(
I first tried mixing epson salts 1 teaspoon in Hot water and mixed together in a gallon of water.
I thought this was caused from a magnesium problem.
I hoped it was not a PH problem as the Epson salt would then make matters worse :-(
Plants in the next two rows are under two sets of Benchtop fluorecents with two 65 watt spiral tube fluorecents on the ends of both fictures.
this is equivilant to 600 watts per ficture x 2

These plants have not lost leaf yet in the same soil with the same types of ferts in the watering.
So I feel the issue of the falling leaves is caused by lack of light getting to the bottom of the plant.
I am going to add a ficture with two cool whites to help light reach the bottoms of the plants better from the side where the lights can be closer to all three plants in that row.
All three plants in that same last row have lost bottom leaves and only one lost a large succor leaf.
I have 9 plants tottal in rows of three plants per light ficture.
One nice thing about the benchtop lights is the light does for sure reach the bottom branches much better.
And the plants dont stretch near as much.
Comments are welcome and much appreciated.

Peace
Tandare

Last edited:

Tandare

Hiya lookmethis,
I may try both ways in soil and in water for my clones and see what happens and post the results of both for others to see for themself.
If I can use soil and get roots in a couple of weeks I think this would be easier on the plants.
However in water I would be able to see the roots without having to remove a plant from the soil to be sure.
Pull up a chair and enjoy the grow.
thanks for your comments the more the better :)
Tandare

G

Tandare, I have seen many differnt colombians here and yours look beautiful. If you smoked the bud you know the taste and theres no doubt thats its lumbo. The leaves on yours look very interesting and could be a highland sativa. They look and grow like indica a bit. Your doing a great grow, I can't wait to see them flower!
Peace

Tandare

Thanks Redone,
I am excited about getting to see some bud from these plants.
The taste of the bud I sampled was for sure colombian.
A taste no other weed has ever replaced that I know of :)
My veg room where these are growing is on 18 day/ 6 night with a hevy duty timer.
Some say when starting them in flower to place them in the flower room with 11 day / 13 night they say some colombians need that extra hour to get them to flower.
This made me wonder if possible I should use the same idea of one hour less light say 17 x 7 rather than 18 x 6 just a thought.
Thanks for offering advice and input redone.
With luck this plant will be a female :)
Also good news I checked and baby affy has sprouted.
I will have pictures up tomorrow of baby affy just pushing out of the soil :)
I will also keep you updated on how my plants respond to the new cool tube fluorecent lights placed on the sides around the middle of the plants.
To help the bottom branches get more light.
-----------------
I am going to build my flower room this week.
I felt it best to wait untill at least one plant was 2 months old before trying to take clones.
If this colombian is a highland Sativa then I shall be more than happy to offer her a home as a mother in my grow room.
It means a lot to me for you to have visited my grow.
Comements and ideas are most welcome.
Peace
Tandare

Last edited:
G

Tandare you are most welcome, sounds to me like your doing everything correct for inside but I have no idea how to grow inside. I of corse grow outside @ 4 degress N and 2,700m high. All my plants start and finish under the 12/12 natural sunlight, but it's cold up here so they seem to grow slower. Really though the leaves on yours are very pretty and I like the shape of them. I think it's a female but it's tough to tell but you should know very soon.
Peace

Tandare

Hi Redone,
I have not had good luck out doors where I live.
The hellicopters search and snap pictures from above and they find quite a bit :-(
So inside grows seem safer and sometimes your results can be controlled better for great results.
With a climate that is nice all year round for growing I for sure feel your out door grows must be awesome.
As for the cold making the grow a little slower.
As long as you dont get frost they should do fine.

For me the only way to grow all year long is indoors.
I agree this colombian plant seems to be a female.
I am pretty sure my creeper is also a female.
I have two plants possible California orange bud.
One of these two cob is looking like a female the other has stretched a lot more and I have found in the past these that stretch more in the beginning tend to be male.
Time will tell.
I must keep at least one male to be able to save the pollen for future seeds of crosses.
However for me to keep a male when found it will need to be from what I would consider super weed a 1 hitter type so I would not feel bad letting the first crop have seeds.And I can control what plants are bred by tieing a small baggy of pollen on the bud I want to seed for 24 hours.
Some other buds may get a tad of the pollen.
But if carefully done it works like a charm.

Possible a smaller amount from a clone branch off a male allowed to flower will be easier to contain than allowing a male to bush out and bloom in full.
After the first crop has been allowed to seed.
And I am comfortable with what is growing in the mother veg room.
Then I will be able to begin allowing some of the female branches to grow sensi bud from the 7 strains I now have growing out of 9 plants.
My baby affy had sprouted yesturday.
I expected a healthy sprout but today the baby affy has not finished coming up and may not make it :-(
Have no fear 19 baby affy seeds are left :) lol so I will try again if this baby affy fails.
I live up pretty high compared to other folks around me.
I dont know if this will make a differance in this part of the world.
The top leaves of the colombian are now growing as thin and long as would be expected of a sativa.
Making me belive possible as you said a highland colombian sativa.
I will snap images of the top leaves of the colombian as soon as I can see baby affy is ready to face the camera :)
Lets hope she is just being shy.
I want for this seedling to make it :)
So two photo shoots at the same time :)
Tandare

G

Santa Marta Gold

Santa Marta Gold

Here is one of my highland golds from Santa Marta, its over 2.5 months old and still no sign of sex. These plants grow pretty fast and flower time is faster then most of the other domestic. And some have fat hybrid looking leaves.

Colombian Gold 06

Tandare

Hiya redone,
Your highland Colombian Gold sure look healthy.
Has this plant been topped?
These leaves look pure sativa for sure.
I think this is a female.
I wish it was just that easy to be sure :)
Keep up the green thumb.
Your doing great.
Tandare

G

Hola Tandare thank you, thats my favorite Colombian (plant) so far. No they have not been topped but I plant to once sexed. Been over 2.5 months and still no pre flowers. These plants (the gold) only grow to about 5ft max and only these have the fat hybrid looking leaves and they stay that way all through their growth cycle. This highland Gold from Santa Marta (the highest coastal mountain range in the world) is very rare due to the fact it's grown in an area thats not controlled by the goverment.
Lets see some more pics of your beautiful ladies (hopefully ladies).
Peace

Tandare

Hiya redone,
Your gold colombian looks as perfect as it can get.
I can sure understand why these gold plants are your favorites.
I did notice the wider base leaves.
I checked my affy seedling last night and it for sure did not make it :-(
I have a new affy seed in its place and expect it to pop in the next two days.
I will shortly be taking some clones and pictures will soon follow as I set up the second grow area for flowering.
Tandare

Latest posts

Latest posts