What's new

Malawi Gold and Original Haze grow

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
This is my first grow with these strain's so any advice will be very appreciated,anyway i've started 5 of each and so far and 3 haze and 4 malawi have germinated :woohoo: .

Amd

i have malawi gold at my reach as a cutling, but im too hasty to grow such divine weed.8-9 wks is quite enough for me.

afropips

Get ready to repot into large pots in the next couple of days.
Then transfer them to the 12/12 grow room within the next 5days.

Happy Growing.....

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Cheer's afropips,what do you think ,should i put them under the 400w MH or my 1000w HPS when i go 12/12? I was thinkin the MH.

G

how does it respond to topping. Better think fast, cuz if you do wanna top those real stretchy sativas ya gotta do it on the third node or mabey the 5-7th if you wanna risk doin it inearly flower.

Last edited:
G

Nice strains, I've always wanted to try both of them. You must be a very patient person.

G

marijuanamat said:
Cheer's afropips,what do you think ,should i put them under the 400w MH or my 1000w HPS when i go 12/12? I was thinkin the MH.
hey bro, somethin to watch for is what I call bud spike. certain sativas dont need/or like bein right up under the light. Haze does just fine off to the side.

you will need to top or break there necks at some point dependin on your ceilin. recommend lots of prunin durin flower. Pistolwhipts prune works very good on long flowerin sativas.

if your veggin for sex, id recommend takin clones and flowerin those. other wise id get um to flowerin pretty quick. the haze will definitly test your skills and patience.

one other point, if you do have ceilin restrictions, I keep my sativas in the smallest cans i can, even upcan in the middle of flower, helps quite a bit. also crush the main stalk.....mash between your fingers and soften up a spot, it will repair itself and knuckle up. also helps with the stretch.

you will also be amazed at how little the sallies need waterm they prefer a dry can.

CBF

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
I've got an 7ft ceiling so i don't think height will be a problem but i've done the 90deg snap thing on a few plant's in the past like kali mist and passion#1,it's mad how thay heal so quick when you do that.

but should i use the MH or the HPS?

G

definetely use that 1k hps, bro.

take care and best wishes on your grow show!

G

ditto^^^ the boomer will be best, and id use it everytime I flower. sorry meant to mention that:D

CBF

junit

Ive been Germing My seeds One by one over the course of the the last couple months... One i ruined... one male.. and this one im not sure yet..... The Malawi That is..... They do Seem to Require repotting Very early. Also you can try and control the height withyour container size. But My guess is you wont have much trouble with them Either way.... Burning, Nutes, General Crappiness. She should do good under most conditions. Afropips will shoot me down on this if im wrong but she would probably thrive without much nutes at all. I have alot of strains on my plate at the moment and i plan on saving the rest of the beans i have to work with this strain more exclusively in 06'. Watching them grow is very cool.

Happy Growing

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Right a quick update on the sativa's ,it's been 2 week's of 24/0 so i'm putting 2 of each into flower today after i re-pot them into slightly larger pot's so here's a few pic's of them

junit

Looking Nice... Its right about the time they start to really grow on ya. If it starts having problems and isntt growing as fast as it once was.... repot and see what happens.

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Time for a update me think's.

2 malawi gold and 2 original haze have been under the 1000 hps for nearly 2 week's now and 1 of each have been kept in veg under a 400w MH,here's a few pic's anyway. Pic 1 vegging haze

Pic2 vegging haze 1st node with 2 branches comming from the same side.

Pic 3 flowering haze

pic4 2 malawi gold's in flower

Pic5 haze leaf