What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mite Eradictor (also destroys Powdery Mildew)

G

Bloody Magic!

I've been experimenting , with a helpful hint from Shipperke, with skim milk 10% solution mist sprayed for powdery mildew. This is much gentler for mildew however I have thrip too...

Skim milk has very good results for mildew but repeat application is neccessary. (was chronic). I'll post a thread about it once I've more time experimenting. Then I can nail the last of my thrip with this recipe here.

So refreshing to find home brews that work, so many wives tales and witches brews not only on the net but the shop shelves as well.

Redseal

1TokeRedeux said:
Baking soda is not a common comoddity over the pond as it is here. Apparently Apple Cider Vinegar is rare, too.
Not in my experience.. it's just labelled as cider vinegar rather than apple cider vinegar (as all cider vinegar comes from apples they probably didn't see a need to print apple on the label). Baking Soda is just a common kitchen item aswell.. it's always sold as Bicarbonate of Soda or Sodium Bicarbonate over here. If my little local shop stocks them both I think everywhere will ;)

I spotted some mites yesterday so will give this wonder mix a try. Judging by all the positive feedback it should do.

Is there a limit to how far into flowering it can be used? I read that it damages hairs but not enough to inhibit flowering I assume?

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
I want to believe!
1tokeOverLine said:
This formula is alkaline(about 7.8-8) so please remember to rinse.
I've got a hard time figuring out how vinegar, plus lemon juice plus baking soda could become alkaline, it must depend a lot on the water you use. As long as you stay around ph 6-7, it's good for foliar application. Instead of rinsing, has anyone tried a more diluted formula?

Redseal

There seemed to be an excess of baking soda when I mixed some up (after it's finished reacting), so I guess that pushes the ph up once it dissolves in the water. Be interesting to know what such a small amount of Epsom Salts does.. presumably there's some science behind putting it in..

I just wanted to chime in and say that I used 1tokes formula and it burned the FUCK out of 1 of my plants. THe others were fine, this just goes to show you that differents strains are affected differently then others so be careful.

G

no matter the strain, the plants wont burn if you follow the instructions to a tee.
this technique calls for rinsing the residues off afterward*

alkaline burn would have killed all yer plants id imagine x_X shits no joke!

*u must have left some on?
or otherwise clogged the stomata (leaf pours) thereby restrictin transpiration.
citrus rinds or juice can be used (conservatively) on the undersides of leaves to unclog the stomata

I think that this post deserves to be a sticky as it is VERY helpful. Admins??

Anyways, I dont know C maybe your right but I shook them all off the same and it was the only one that burned. I will be interested in my second spray as I will try to shake it off more to see if I notice a differance.

kushedout

Is this formula safe to use during flowering? And if so how late into flowering can it be? A buddy of mine has a pretty bad infestation on his hands, but he's 3 weeks into flowering. Would it be safe to use even though the buds are just barely starting to be visible?

G

kushedout said:
Is this formula safe to use during flowering? And if so how late into flowering can it be? A buddy of mine has a pretty bad infestation on his hands, but he's 3 weeks into flowering. Would it be safe to use even though the buds are just barely starting to be visible?

I've tested it on Cappucinno and Sour Saver that was a month into flower. I've noticed minor tip burning. When I mist, I try to avoid bud sites with hairs, and only notice leaf burn where heavy buildup or rinse failure occured. The mix is highly alkaline and new plants cells are too fragile, mature plant cells are tough enough to shrug it off.

In the past when applied during flower all new growth withered and died off but new growth appeared the next day or two and the plants seemed to take it as they would a thunderstorm outdoors, that is, they recovered as if from any normal occurance in nature.

It is important to note that if someone has a severe infection something caused it. I don't put band-aids on a stab wound. IMHO fix the conditions, then treat and return the plant to a new healthy environment. I wouldn't treat and ignore the underlying problems. Sounds like your friend needs to clean up his act first to get his plants healthy again, and the mix will certainly help with that. Experience teaches us that treatments kill mites and destroy their eggs, but if conditions aren't fixed they will return for the next battle. I want to make it clear - I have successfully treated an infection brought in with clones, but my grow doesn't allow for a mite colony to take up residence.

If it were my grow, I'd get all the plants out and treat them, thoroughly disenfect the room and equipment, then return the plants and watch for signs of return attempts. If I see any signs of movement a zap mist of 70% ISO nails them before they lay eggs again.

I have been mite and mold free since Thanksgiving Day, 2005. It works for me.

kneehigh

plants in flower

plants in flower

what about using this with plants in full flower? will it work or burn my buds up? edit:I should of read more

Last edited:

badboyg

ok all here we go... been getting my ASS kicked by the little bastards... NOW maybe its my turn....

I will be mixing tonight......

badboyg

ok all HELP// I do not recall seeing a good answer to how far into flower can you use.. I have a few due NOW and the bastgrds just took off the last few days were warmer.. and they tok off.. got webs in the last 5-7 days ..lots..

soo heres my idea,, it looks like this does no harm IF washed off and so should not hurt the trics ya.. I want to clean off this bud ... any ideas will it hurt the buds any to give them a wash just as I harvest,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

badboyg

1TokeOverLine... ok you noted you avoided your buds but you were not done,, I am not woried about new/old growth.. just the trics // I would think this will be ok,, I just want to be sure.. as much as poss.....

tell me just what are the ideal conditons to KILL the bastards.. I mean how low and dry do you need to be or is it hot and wet.. see I have no clues.. lol/// I have most of my variables down.. I just need to know what I missed,, ///

DOWN WITH MITES... ARHGG>>>>>

dude webs in the last few days means you have had borg for a while

I know nothing other than cup every single leaf in ya hand with a spock sign and put the back of your hand towards the flower and you should be ok I was , it takes blooming ages to do all the leaves on 6 properly so make sure that the first 1 or 2 that you do dont breach the 15 minute wait time while you are busy spraying the others or they may get burnt and then dont forget to rinse em all to feck
As a precautionary I turned off my dehumidifier to boom the r/h to 90% for a few hrs they dont like it
Been working so not checked em since L/on so tomm morn will tell