What's new

Modern Colombian

G

On the left is some weed from Santa Marta, it's seedless and has the taste that is only found in good highland COLOMBIAN. The high is very "up" and intense at first (not creeper I fell it from the first hit) and then after about an hour it gets kind of sleepy.
On the right is my homegrown (it's all grown in Colombia but I grew this in my garden so I call it "homegrown"). The taste is like fine piney sinsemilla and the high is soring and long lasting but not my best grow. I got much better at growing later on but I got a few ozs from it and it worked very good.

BOZWELL

Man I wish I lived somewere hot Ive got to havest my outdoors ealy b/c of the sh!t weather
sounds like a top smoke, good work

G

Hey thanks BOZWELL, before I moved here I thought it would be hot in Colombia. Where I live the altutuid keeps the temps down like 40f low 75f high max. However it never freezes so you can grow year round. I love the climate here cause it's like spring all year.

G

First harvest

First harvest

Here's some mixed pics of my first Colombian harvest.

G

More Colombian mix

More Colombian mix

I used my little hash press to (don't ask me why) compress some bud.
On the left is some green bud (compressed) and in the center is some very stony "Punto Rojo" (compressed) and on the far right is another "Santa Marta Gold" all on a bed of cured homegrown sinsemilla.

G

Primo

Primo

Sativa is all I have found here, it's all good to me but some of the lowland weed makes me feel burnt out if I smoke it all day. This is some of my homegrown highland after a slow cure..

The buds really dried out during the cure and now are very "airy". They were kind of crunchy and covered in trichomes.

The taste not as harsh now and not so green, with a spicy earthy flavor on the exhail. Huge expansion and coughing but delayed a few seconds after exhail. After the head rush the high settles into a nice euphoric trip, lasting about two hours. It's tasty with a nice pleasent high but not real powerful except in the morning.

G

Wow man Columbian Satuva. That stuff disapeared from around here twenty years ago. And you got it. Thanks for sharing it.

3legdog

Great photos !

Great photos !

Hey buddy again nice pic's & i think you should save for some bubble bags. They don't cost much & w/ the prices you mentioned earlier you could run an elbow throught the bags & get a nice ammt. of bubble hash to toke on. If i can make it over in early winter i will bring my set & show ya the way i make it ...not hard & all the info is right here online. I'd love to see some melty sativa bubble from those exotic spears. Peace my friend & enjoy all the sativa you can ...there's never enough sativa & $$ you can get it for is incredible :yoinks: . I'd be a bubble makn' fool :woohoo: . Your friend 3ld :wave:

G

Hi Smokypufmaster, the killer Colombian Sativa of twenty years ago is alive and getting better as I will post in the future.
3legdog, you got to come down if not to live at lest come down for a holiday and help me with my plants, you really seem to have a way with they (been reading your post). I been thinking bubble bags for quite some time now, I do make ISO but I really want to try the full melt bubble. Really when your ready to come down let me know and I will give my personal contact info. Next week were moving, not far from where I live now but it takes some time to get set up again. By the way Nov - Feb. is the best weather in my neck of the woods.

G

Red Point

Red Point

Here's some VERY potent highland "red". Don't be fooled by the way it looks, the smell taste and high are top self but they "sweat cure" the weed and it looks bad.

The high comes on quick and keeps getting stronger till a peak after an hour or so. I love the high cause it keeps getting better and LONG lasting maybe three hours with a nice come down.

The red is pretty well seeded (thats what I bought it for) unlike most of this quality that is most time 100% sinsemilla.

These seeds and some other 100% sativa will be my next grow......

G

Very, very nice. Grown the way it should be. What's a sweat cure, bro? I'm not familiar with that. :wave:

G

Hey Redone,
Great job on the colombian sativa grow. There's something about a landrace sativa grown in its native soil. I love the taste-earthy and spicy- and have probably smoked quite a bit from around there. Down south that shit gets downgraded to "regs" and sold for 55-75 bucks, while people pay four hundred an O for some hurried-up, shitty chronic that doesn't get ya half as high. I guess it's all about the looks, right? :fsu: Not saying that some pure dog shit doesn't go around, you just just have to shop around :joint:
Smoke it up ! !

G

I'll be watching the 'red' grow... looks like an interesting sativa...

G

More red

More red

Thank you very much everyone. I if you can’t already tell have a passion for not only Colombian Sativa but for the very misunderstood country of Colombia and its wonderful people. To live here and grow and smoke the fine weed of my youth is truly a dream come true. The USA will always be my home and I am and always will be proud to be an American in this foreign land (although I am truly shamed by what the current government is doing). Anyway now I can smoke and grow (I was too paranoid to grow in the US) without the fear of being popped and raped by dealers.
Sorry I am just going on I tested some of the “red” this morning and it’s still kicking.

The Watcher My understanding of sweat cure is when they harvest the plants they just put them in a huge pile in the sun and let them sit for a few weeks till dry. I think they (the growers) do this because of the large amount of plants harvested, like maybe hundreds of acres. I have never seen this in practice but I think that’s why most of the local domestic weed looks like this.

FloorDuhCanna I know what you’re saying about looks, most of the weed I was able to get in N.E. Ga. looked kind of like this and was sold as “mids”. I think I paid like 50 to 65 a ¼ but it didn’t taste like this or be this potent. I am sure many people remember that good (not the mersh of the 80s) Colombian taste. It’s difficult to describe but when you smell or taste it you know its good Colombian and I haven’t had that in the US for over 20 years. But let me show you how the weed is when I grow it and give it a gringo cure. I think you will like it better.

Grat3fulH3ad The “red” will return.

Here’s some of my bud but from some different seeds. It is VERY potent after a few months cure.

Thanks again everyone peace

tiedye420

Looks like I stumbled into the right place.
Hello everyone, Im tiedye420, and I too have a fond love of columbian sativa.
I have a few strains I made from good columbian bagseed, one dates back to a cross in 1996....And I also have a recent backcross of this strain to the original parent.
Which was chocolate columbian. Really dark and earthy with a hella expansion to the smoke- creepy high like a mutha....Sticky resiny chocolate lumbo has been one of my favorites since the 70's.
So I also have a parent chocolate pure going, I just tested the cola and it is the best and strongest chocolate I have grown out over the years. A true winner of a pheno. I have the bottom of the plant reverting in the veg area.Im cloning that one, and hoping to get a nice male someday.
Redone
Do you ever have problems with molds and diseases down there in the jungle?
It sems like the chocolate seeds sometimes carry fusarium wilt. Do you think this is possible? I know there are diseases in this area that are devastating unless you build a resistance or spray something to prevent it spreading.
Just curious, I deal with that stuff a lot, I like extremely disease resistant strains mate, what can I say.
So Im gonna toke up some chocolate pure indoor from cali! In honor of finding this thread. (Besides it is sunday I dont have to function today anyways. he he he)
later guys
tiedye

G

Welcome tyedye420. I think it’s funny that most people (and I did too before I came here) think Colombia is all jungle and really I guess there are a lot of jungles here. But I live on a high plateau at the base of some moderately high peaks. The climate here even though close to the equator is more temperate then classic tropical with year round temps from 40f to 70f. The altitude and micro climate keeps the humidity down but it’s not really “arid” and I have had no problems with mold thank goodness.
Here’s some pics, have a great Sunday.

G

Thanks for the reply. I had heard of that method used by the commercial growers, but didn't know it was called that.

Columbia sounds like a very nice place to live.

3legdog

Yea i have also heard of this "sweat" cure & think it has many different names depending on region of the world you live in. You explained it well redone as the farmers have so much there is no other way to really dry so many/such large plants...& like you said acre's of herb is a Huge :jawdrop: choir for any group/crew. I personally would at least look for some/a nearby tree line & hang the bushes from trees, off the ground & not touching eachother. Can you imagine a woodline w/ thousands of monster bushes hanging everywhere off the ground...wow id' think i died and 'you know the rest' :woohoo: .....what a site that would make indeed :yoinks: .

I'll be also tagging along your nice thread...country side pic's & all :yes: . Take care for now & i hope your move goes smooth & uneventful. Pez out 3ld :joint: