What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$12.50 ronco keif making machine after holiday special

cravin morehead

Veteran
just thought id put up my finished ronco tumbler... got mine same day i read about them being on sale, same price too.
i ordered my stainless steel screen from grainger. many mesh sizes and can order small quantities. i got 100 and 120. so far i made one screen tumbler with the 100. i also changed the timer to a 12 hour timer, and removed all of the heating elements to fit a 5" x 7" tumbler. finding metal 5" ends was tough. found some clay cookie cutter type things that came in a 5" metal tin at michaels for like $5. i used #12 copper wire for a top edge of the tumbler. it works nice because its basically spring loaded to hold the cap on the mesh. i also added two copper wires to add stability to the mesh. it also makes it easier to put the lid on the mesh tumbler. i sewed the seam of the mesh together and reinforced with glue. hers a couple of pics of it in action. its been tumbling for about 3 hrs in these shots. i only put in 2 1/2 grams of shake as test run. looks like it'll work out great. thanks for spreading the info on this, i love turning trash into stash!!!
any questions, just ask....
thanks again,
cm:headbange

H

headfortrinity

Welcome Doobieduck,
Very nice setup, that must be the family sized model. :D

Thanks Babbabud, will do.

I haven't gotten around to buying any screen yet, I spent all of my money on seeds :smokey:
I won't really need it until fall harvest, which gives me plenty of time to gather parts :dance013:
This roller will save me a lot of shaking come fall, I like bubble but I love seive.

Thank you everyone for contributing to this thread, I hope it helps make some great keif.

Bumble Buddy

Nice job cravin, what is your opinion of the Showtime rotation speed? I read some comments in another thread that it may be a tad slow? I'm trying to decide to get a rotisserie or maybe try to find an appropriate motor (shaded pole type?, approx. 30 RPM? anyone know a source or suggestions?) and build around it...

cravin morehead

Veteran
thanx bumble buddy!! i do think the rotation is a little slow. but thats why i put the 12 hour timer in. im not sure but, you may have some trouble fitting a bigger motor in there. the timer i installed is a spring wound timer for buildings and to replace light switches. (home depot clearance $5) so the size is about the same as a receptacle. with that installed, it took up more room in the wiring compartment than the original. if you want to use a regular rotisserie, think about how much you plan on loading it up with. for me, my grow trimmings go to my bubble bags. i will load this with the shake left over from prepping of buds to smoke. so, for me, this size is perfect. to build a bigger one, all you'll need is a rubbermaid tote, bbq rotisserie, screen/ materials for the drum, and something smooth to catch the kief. i have no plans of changing anything on this unit. with the longer rotation time, i think it makes up for a little slow rotation... the kief below the drum in my pics is from running for just a couple hours with little material loaded. also, maybe the slower rotation might help it stay purer, less breaking up of plant material. im no expert but, this all makes sense to me.... any more questions just ask!!!

good luck,
cm

Latest posts

Latest posts