What's new

Venus Fly Trap

Mr Gumby

As far as i know these flytraps need to hibernate in a cold temperature. And they need moisture. As we all know cold temperature and moisture result in mold. Flytraps don't like chemicals, so the possible mold should be removed mechanically which means scraping it off.

But yeah why not. It's a good biological way to defend your plants from unwanted visitors. As long as you have the patience to take good care of it.

Brownpants

Don't they require drops of blood at first ...then as they get bigger they like to eat dentists and people that wonder into the room... :jawdrop:

G

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Whadda friggin' bunch o' stoners!!!!! :biglaugh:
:friends: :friends: :friends: :friends:

Marley

howdy peeps

howdy peeps

Thanks Zepplindood i have enter it, lets c what happens.

Mr Gumby lets hope so, also if its constenly hot and humide then maybe it won't need to go into hib.....or does it have to hib?

Brownplant i gave it 2 drops of blood today and ill have to watch out ones she gets bigger...

Thanks Gantz and OneTokeOverLine for passin by, only true stoners hear.
I will use your name when i tell people ask how i feel " 1TOKEOVERTHELINE"

Peace out till the next time.

Mr Gumby

Flytraps need something like a couple of months of resting time every year, which means hibernating.Just put 'em in the fridge (but not in the freezer) that'll do the job.

G

:chin: There are several different kinds of "carnie" plants. I like the "pitcher" plant. :smile: It traps ALOT more insects in the fly trap. :yummy: I have 2 var. the "cobra" is the coolest. It has large, short "pitchers".

G

Oh yah the fridge is the best way for fly traps. If they dont "sleep" go dorment then they will just "check out" one day and you will think it has died :mad:

G

Oh and one other thing ,most are "bog" plants so they like standing water.! :wave:

Marley

A fly

A fly

:wave: Thanks TheShunkyDemon, i have it in 0.5 cm of water in a sauser. :joint:

It's been in veag room for 2 days, how long before i put it to sleep? 1/3/5 mouths? How long do u leave it to sleep for? before puttin it back in.

O.K i had a look and it looks like we got a fly or 2

:eek: :whip:

:eek: :whip:

:wave: Nice pic cooked cook :canabis:

Hope u enjoy, one love and peace :wave:

G

:wave: Normaly the plant will want to go dormant around winter time. It needs to "sleep" for about two months. I put mine in a ziploc bag and put it in the veg drawer in the frig. :sasmokin: You'll know when it wants to go to "sleep" the veg matter will start die off for no reason :chin: Get one of the "picture" plants they will consume MORE bugs :yoinks:

Capn

dar.jpg

70f and lower degree rootzones are required to grow em. Sexy as hell.

Ah, CP growers

No, VFTs will not eat Fungus Gnats but don't give up, Drosera Capensis along with ALL plants in the drosera family will eat and destroy all adult fungus gnats

Capn, that is a sarracenia which is a North American pitcher plant that grows in many places with temps higher than 70F, in fact most sarracenia are VERY heat tolerant, like 100F and higher

Latest posts

Latest posts