What's new

New Hybrids

Hello. I love plants. My favorite one is the plant that this website is dedicated to. However, after learning how to grow Cannabis, and the delight it gave me, I decided to grow other plants as well.

For the past few years I've been growing different varieties of tomatoes. I used my knowledge of cannabis growing and applied it to tomatoes, and they thrived. In fact, I have never seen tomato plants do as well as mind did. They were organic, lush and vibrant, and the tomatoes were beautifully red and delicious.

Anyway, this gardening season I plan on growing some jalapenos as they are my favorite pepper. I might grow some habaneros as well. I'm also going to grow some tomatoes.

But, we all know about cannabis hybrids and the different varieties. I'm sure this is done a lot in the pepper and tomato industry but I have never researched it before.

I plan on doing some experiments. I plan on pollinating a green bell pepper with jalapeno pollen, with the goal to produce seeds and select plants that are giant like bell peppers, but spicy like jalapenos.

I also plan on crossing some huge tomato variety with cherry tomatoes, with the goal of producing bigger cherry tomatoes. but with just as many of them per vine.

If anyone has any experience, advice, or knowledge to share with me about growing tomatoes and peppers, please feel free to post.

THC123

Veteran
Hey , i have been growing tomatoes and pepeprs for some time now , but never made crosses.

I jsut put them in the same soil mixtures as my cannabis and they go wonderfully

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We've crossed Hungarian peppers with Numex Twilight and Jalapenos last year and the year before,, this year we plan to grow them out and start inbreeding them :D

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
HB good idea for a thread. I row out osmething new from one of my hundreds of seed catalogs that show up in the mail each spring. From giant pumpkins to tiny white ones. Dable in a new tomatoe each year as well. I think a holy grail strain can be found, or created, in any plant...those specialty seeds are worth some bucks...DD

That's awesome DocLeaf! I can't wait to hear what the new cross is like!

And doobieduck, thanks for stopping by! Yeah, ever since learning everything I can about Cannabis, it got me interested in other plants as well. Do you have any suggestions for a website in which I could order a seed catalog? I like physical catalogs.