What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What else is growing in your growroom?

philmb

I like to try other plants/trees in mine. The wierder the better really. At the moment i've got a banyan tree, a boab tree and some desert rose growing next to the ladies (gonna post some pics later) i've also got some coastal redwood (again) and some bright red 'bloodgood' maple germinating.

philmb

They dont look to impressive at the mo, but there all only young..

DESERT ROSE

BANYAN FIG - THESE GET MASSIVE!! N PUT DOWN HEAPS OF AERIAL ROOTS. N SPREAD HORIZONTLY. APARANTLY THERES ENTIRE VILLAGES IN SOUTH ASIA LIVING UNDER BIG BAMYAN FIG TREES.

THE TALL SKINNY THING IN THE MIDDLE IS A BOAB TREE. THERE TRUNKS STORE WATER N SWELL MASSIVLY, THEN TAPER RITE IN AT THE TOP (SO THEY LOOK LIKE A MILK BOTTLE) WERE THE BRANCHES GROW FROM.

hey bro thats cool man my other plants arent too odd but i got a kaffir lime an etrog lime a buddhas hand citrus a couple of barbados cherry trees a dwarf banana. i also have an annoying coffee plant that just wont grow right i have 10 tropicals in total though i like the flower on that desert rose how long is that out for before it dies away

Last edited:

philmb

not sure how long the desert rose is out for, grew it from seed n its the first time its flowered.. Though been out for a couple weeks now, just startin to look a bit dodgy.. Gonna try takin a cuttin from it..

Dwarf banana sound cool..

Fkn ell some funky lookin mushrooms growin there!!

Man, trying to get to this screen was like pulling teeth! So SLOW! Anyway, you asked what else is in there, and I reply with...

THIS!!!!

Cousin of San Pedro cactus, Peruvian Torch...

Last edited:

SideKickNWC

I have a Screw-Bean tree from seed. I was in Las Vegas and seen this way kool spiral seed pod on the ground. Had never seen anything like it, sowth thought I should grow it. Had one over last summer that dident do so well so I germed 1 more seedand put it in good soil and under the veg light for the next year or so. Also have Red hot pepers growing. I think it is a good use of the outside light in my garden.

SideKickNWC

Here is a pic of my little Screw bean tree.

Attachments

• screw-bean tree.jpg
    screw-bean tree.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 16

space_cowgirl

I've just started some seeds for late winter / early spring outdoor planting. Let's see, there's several varieties of ornamental grasses, chives, mache, lettuce, green onion and radish.

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
nothing in the secret garden, but the public one, we've got tomatoes, peppers, radishes, dill, cliantro, aloe, basil and an orchid. I'm going to start up some lettuce real soon and I'd like to get into citrus too...maybe some dwarf lemmons, limes and oranges. Anyone able to reccomend a nice dwarf citrus tree?

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
sativa soul-those mushrooms look real nice. i'd love to get into that too. Probably a good contender for the secret garden.

M

macmiddle

ive just rooted 30 conifer cuttings in my flower room. Got them to 3ft in 8 weeks!!

O

o0th3d4nk0o

nice macmiddle

i just started a grip of Italian basil.
can't wait to harvest it and make tons of pesto.

stating up some lavender and peppermint to put around the outside of the house
that way anyone outside will strictly smell goodness.

im excited to start growing other plants!!!

toastfighter2

When I built my grow cab, I went a little overkill on the size, and ended up with a whole extra compartment in it. So, I just threw a couple compact florescents in there, and befor I knew it, I have basil, clives, 2 types of tomatoes, green beans, 2 types of hot peppers,cucumbers, oragono, green peppers, and 2 Northern Catalpa(type of tree). All of these are just starters for outside, but I am putting some of the tomatoes, green peppers, and cucumbers into my old Emily's Garden(better than just dumping out my old rez water) just to see how they do compared to our patio garden

Sheriff Bart

Deputy Spade
Veteran
4 lemon thyme (Thymus × citriodorus) the most lemony stuff ever, 6 patchouli cablin cuttings and 4 pineapple sage (salvia elegans)
picture.php

6 rosemary, 5 stevia, 1 salvia officinalis, 5 holy basil, 2 more lemon thymes, 2 more pinapple sage, 3 saint johns wort (hypercium perforatum), 2 calea zacatechichi (took 3 more cuttings though that arent in the pic) and 6 catha edulis, also not pictured 3 hops var. 'Fuggle' (humulus lupus) or maybe they are Nugget, cant remember now which on i took cuts of so far..
picture.php

i need to start some seeds too.......