What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cherry Pie strain from Humboldt?

calidude420

A friend just picked up some cherry pie for me from a club in Northern CA. He said they told him it is a mix of Grand Daddy Purple Kush and Romulan. I've had both types individually and would probably say those are my top 2 types of bud. So I am very excited to try this amazing mix. Once I receive my UPS shipment from my buddy I will post some pictures of this stuff. Usually takes a couple days to arrive so by Monday I should have some pics up! Cant wait to try this strain, sounds mouth watering!!!

215forLife

Cherry Pie is the shiznit, beautiful nugs, and a hardy plant with a stone that will kick your ass. Oh and the buds smell lovely too! Man I wish I could get that cut again... atleast I crossed her with romulan and saved some of the genes. Can't wait to pop em off!

j242

i've heard recently by someone that supposedly has been on the "cherry pie hunt" that he knows it to be "Durban Poison x Purple Kush x OG Kush". dunno how accurate that is, but i guess it always could be. so i guess there are others growing her around nor cal.

oh yeah, and it doesn't always do that 3-leaf thing, it usually has fatty 5-fingered leaves with heavy serrations. a lot of strains i've grown seem to do the 3 blade thing under certain conditions. i hope to have better pics of the cherry pie sometime soon as i'm putting some in the next indoor crop.

This is what I was told as well. Def a Sativa dom as I could not sleep for hours when i made the mistake of smoking some just before bed. It is pretty available here in NorCal.

huh...i'd guess it's a hybrid that leans more indica dominant from the high i get. there were about 3 phenos when i grew the beans out, kinda wish i still had those to compare and test again. stone is fairly heavy like an indica, definitely not a daytime productive smoke at least for me. gives the mad munchies a couple hours later. if you smoke this at night, you're gonna sleep pretty good. maybe not gonna fall asleep on the couch like after smoking hogsbreath, but definitely has the sedative properties of an indica.

here's some dry CP from the last batch. i wish she yielded more, but i've never been able to get her to do stack and chunk up like some other strains, but then again i always seem to grow smaller plants and i think she needs to get bigger to produce. even outdoor, it didn't seem to yield better. but damn this stuff is good for a private reserve! i just love the smell. definitely a 'stings the nose' pungent bouquet. i need to try and find someone else's cherry pie and compare it with mine, that's what needs to happen.

Mr Pengra

I've sampled some dispensary bud labeled "Cherry Pez". It was amazingly sweet and aromatic, and the high was just plain fun. I'm relatively sure its the same strain, I saw pics of this "Pez" and they looked nearly identical to your pics.

yeah i need to get out and visit a disp to see if i can sample some other CP. it's been a while since i've visited any of them. occasionally i'll search the net for cherry pie and have found a few places with it -- mostly in the Bay or on one of the trader sites. definitely more in the past 6mo so it's circulating i guess.

of all the strains i've smoked over the past 15yrs i will say that the CP is definitely in my top 5. i think it's the smell that does it. it just has such a unique smell that simply "stings the nose." it's one of those strains that you could "Toucan Sam" it up and find the one nug in a barn full of pot

have had 2 runs of the CP this year but the 2nd got all fucked up along with everything else. it was due to a lot of factors related to laziness. i got my setup put on auto watering so i could go on a vacation and now i spend less time in there. there's also the scorching summer heat which let the fucking spider mites go apeshit. but you know what...i'll be damned if the CP doesn't look freaking amazing other than the chewed up leaves. decided to just make hash with her or soak in some glycerine :dance013:

here's some CP i've been smoking on

Attachments

• cp nugs.jpg
    cp nugs.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 20
  • cp nugs2.jpg
    cp nugs2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 21
Yep, Cherry Pie is damn good smoke! I think Jimmypurpleleen is correct about the genetics. It's been making the rounds in Nor-Cal for a couple/few years now and is becoming very popular. What I've seen has been all outdoor from the Emerald Triangle..

I've been pickin up cherry pie from the green door collective in sf. They advertise it as a sativa heavy hybrid and every single time they have any I get whatever I can because its amazing.it has a sweet smell/taste with a kind of uppity but stuck stone.good day time smoke.they always sell out quick

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
cp_close_1.jpg

Yup thats her!! the infamous purple cherry kush aka cherry pie. your nugs look exactly like the stuff berner and his friends smoke...a bunch of people ran her this year both indoors and outdoors....outdoors she purpled up easy and finished a week or two before the rest. indoors she is a real treat. like others have said, its its OGxGDPxDurban....not sure what was female or male...but its dank! she can be found at various dispensaries in San Francisco...

i personally like the Girl Scout Cookies better....its CP female x Fire og male...it is OG dominant and has a more musky flavor that everyone digs
picture.php

somoz

Veteran
Your pie looks great HP! It's funny how sometimes we'll pop a bag of beans and think nothing of it and low an behold you'll find that sweet sweet fire.....it's just a bummer cause there can't be any f2's to really spread the pheno types out and see what the plant could offer.

I seen the CP in the bay as well, been keeping an eye out for the cut in the clubs.....she'll come back around.....thanks for sharing the photos guys.

calicoli06

The people who think Cherry Pie is Cherry Pez haven't grown Cherry Pez. I know Cherry Pez like the back of my hand.
Cherry Pie looks beautiful by the way!!

MrStonerMan

cp_close_1.jpg

Yup thats her!! the infamous purple cherry kush aka cherry pie. your nugs look exactly like the stuff berner and his friends smoke...a bunch of people ran her this year both indoors and outdoors....outdoors she purpled up easy and finished a week or two before the rest. indoors she is a real treat. like others have said, its its OGxGDPxDurban....not sure what was female or male...but its dank! she can be found at various dispensaries in San Francisco...

i personally like the Girl Scout Cookies better....its CP female x Fire og male...it is OG dominant and has a more musky flavor that everyone digs
picture.php

Girl Scout cookies? Damn I want to try that one lol

now THAT is the closest pic that I've ever seen resembling the CP that I have. Looks exactly like mine finishes out. All the others that i've seen of the stuff people pick up from clubs doesn't look like this, theirs always has a compacted look and doesn't have the right colorations or growth patterns between the calyxes and budleaf.

Coming up in the next couple months I plan on making myself some CP pollen with the colloidal silver technique. Definitely going to make some straight CP beans and then might play around crossing her to some of my other inventory: Hindu Skunk, Blue Dream, GDP, Headband, Sour OG, Strawberry Cough, Blueberry, Flo, and Alaskan Ice (wild pheno). I've also got just a few beans left from the originals I was given, so maybe I'll find time to pop some and see about getting a male. AAAAAH! so many ambitions and not enough grow space!

In response to those asking about clones, I have only seen clones of CP available one time and that was in a classified listed on BudTr@der. You most likely gotta know the right person to get your hands on her.

OH! And for those wondering...Cherry Pie Tincture is the bomb diggity dankness!

purp&kush

of all the strains i've smoked over the past 15yrs i will say that the CP is definitely in my top 5. i think it's the smell that does it. it just has such a unique smell that simply "stings the nose." it's one of those strains that you could "Toucan Sam" it up and find the one nug in a barn full of pot

reading this MADE me go out & get some pie.

that smell DOES make you keep smelling & wanting to taste!

good shit, i have a few beans.

^nice! now this makes ME wanna go burn some pie also! if you ever grow those beans out, post up some pics - there isn't much documentation at all of this strain even though it seems more and more people know about it these days. peace.

Latest posts

Latest posts