What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nectar for the gods soil and nutes.

~star~crash~

dude i totally respect ur knowledge, but why the hate? their products are good products, are they not? it's not about $ ... i wouldn't do it large scale if it was exorbitant , but why on earth not try out the starter pac and see for myself?

jidoka

But it is fun. In sliw’s thread we agree probably 90%... but the fun is in the 10%

And yea, good product imo. Just don’t call it organic or say they don’t care about money. That’s like saying AN only cares about growers

nuggluvv

I've been in the industry 15 years, have met the people, ran the product, done the research. But yeah, you probably know more without the work troll boy. If you knew anything about the guys that run that company, you would see they are very different than then norm and more about the people than any other company I've worked with (and I've worked with many).

Ruin a thread about a product you agree is good. Nice going sport.

stim

they have youtube videos on the whole line with hours worth of content. this video might be of interest skip thru the guy traveling to the factory (43 sec) and Scott of nectar explains their company's beginnings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnUTXAD5L40 he says they basically try to recreate what the industry offers its a bit more insight on their salts/organic substance selections I guess.

Last edited:

jidoka

I've been in the industry 15 years, have met the people, ran the product, done the research. But yeah, you probably know more without the work troll boy. If you knew anything about the guys that run that company, you would see they are very different than then norm and more about the people than any other company I've worked with (and I've worked with many).

Ruin a thread about a product you agree is good. Nice going sport.

All of your emotional shit don’t mean anything to me. The facts seem to escape you completely. Don’t let that foreplay fool you...you is being raped and defending the rapist

hyposomniac

i've watched how you guys treat each other in slow's thread it ain’t pretty

Haha​, I keep thinking it's pretty tame and mature in there compared to the average cannabis forums.

Anyway I grabbed the sample pack a while back after I totally fucked up a soil mix and fried my plants with iron. Decided best action was replant in a simple unamended mix of peat/aeration/low % castings and bottle feed.

I am about to start night 48 of bloom and most are doing pretty well considering their fucked up childhood.
I also have a little control group of clones being fed maxibloom.
If you're feeding a 4x4ish area, you will run out of the liquid bone meal but there's plenty of the other stuff.

Ok, I'm pretty cheap so I don't see buying this retail.. Liquid bone meal can be had cheaper and more concentrated, (dte brand) but nectar claims a predigestion process of some kind, while dte just says micronized. Relevant in practice, idk?

The secret sauce in bloom khaos is presumably l-glycine and it obvs has humic and kelp, looks like a diy project.

Then there's the Zeus juice, which is a kelp humic(+fulvic, iirc) supp, so a possible redundancy there.

The liquid caco3 pH up has been valuable.

The two base nutes are similar, 2-5-2 vs 1.5-5-1.5, eliminating one could trim more fat.

Their feed schedule is kinda arbitrary; dude basically said so in one of the videos (it came from user feedback, and half the people fed more, half less so they averaged it out kinda deal).

Finally the calcium supplement, Demeter's destiny, smells like you fed your dog nothing but little Debbie chocolate frosting for a year, then boiled a vat of the resulting poo. It gets worse every time I open it, remarkable really.
I've been replacing a portion of it with much cheaper liquefied gypsum.

The plants feel very dry, dry sticky resin, vs more greasy between the fingers (and a little louder) on the maxi plants. Also, smaller trichs on the nectar plants.
Anyway that's my 2cents.

Arnold.

It is indeed not organic.
But then, one has to ask himself, if he accepts the reasoning behind all the omri listed organics and the ones that aren't omri listed.

You could choose to accept their definition of organic or you could make a stricter or less strict definition yourself.

h.h.

Veteran
It is indeed not organic.
But then, one has to ask himself, if he accepts the reasoning behind all the omri listed organics and the ones that aren't omri listed.

You could choose to accept their definition of organic or you could make a stricter or less strict definition yourself.

Words have no meaning.

OMRI is a minimum standard of protection for the consumer.
Agree or disagree with the definition, the word "organic" has a definite meaning.
It is or it ain't is.

~star~crash~

All of your emotional shit don’t mean anything to me. The facts seem to escape you completely. Don’t let that foreplay fool you...you is being raped and defending the rapist

wtf is wrong with U? u need to lighten up all around u are wound up too tight dude ..who gives a fuk

Mendo Breath grow with roots organic Buddha bloom
picture.php

Pretty Girls Ass
picture.php

Arnold.

I don't agree with that.

For example what the USA or Europe defines as organic is different. Which of the two is the 'real' organic in your view? Standards vary world wide.

Of course if you want to market or produce a product within a country, you should accept their minimum rules of their definition of organic. Otherwise you are not allowed to use the term organic or you can not use certain labels for example.

I can see why one would exclude slaughter house residues from his standards of organic. I can also see why one would include some mined inputs or atmospheric derived N.

The omri list is changing in time, thus the omri definition is changing as well.

growingcrazy

Star, What Jidoka is trying to get at... is that a superior product can be made by purchasing the powders that go into making all of the liquid's like those sold by Nectar.

You can find soluble OMRI (regardless of opinion) listed fertilizers and mix your own bottles for pennies on the dollar. Someone like you that doesn't plan on quitting any time soon, are the ones best suited to mixing their own...

Less plastic, no middle man. Buying water is never economical.

KIS

Really it’s the NOP that sets the standard not OMRI. But keep in mind that some things are allowed like phosphoric acid to stabilize fish hydrolysate that could be a concern to some people depending on their own definition.

You can also use sulfates if your soil shows a deficiency with a soil test. So the standard needs to be properly understood by growers.

And bottled nutrient companies and pesticide companies have already shown they are willing to abuse the system (get OMRI approved then add illegal ingredients). Azamax is th latest but everyone remembers Guardian mite spray or Mighty Wash.

Much better in my opinion to source the raw amendments and avoid this concern altogether. Just takes a little bit of research but all the information is there.

At the very least research the company you’re buying from...

h.h.

Veteran
Really it’s the NOP that sets the standard not OMRI. But keep in mind that some things are allowed like phosphoric acid to stabilize fish hydrolysate that could be a concern to some people depending on their own definition.

You can also use sulfates if your soil shows a deficiency with a soil test. So the standard needs to be properly understood by growers.

And bottled nutrient companies and pesticide companies have already shown they are willing to abuse the system (get OMRI approved then add illegal ingredients). Azamax is th latest but everyone remembers Guardian mite spray or Mighty Wash.

Much better in my opinion to source the raw amendments and avoid this concern altogether. Just takes a little bit of research but all the information is there.

At the very least research the company you’re buying from...
I stand corrected on the agency.
Still it is a minimum set of standards defining the term "organic". You can do better, but you can't go lower and claim to be organic.
That's not to say exceptions have not been made and that rules haven't been broken.

~star~crash~

Star, What Jidoka is trying to get at... is that a superior product can be made by purchasing the powders that go into making all of the liquid's like those sold by Nectar.

You can find soluble OMRI (regardless of opinion) listed fertilizers and mix your own bottles for pennies on the dollar. Someone like you that doesn't plan on quitting any time soon, are the ones best suited to mixing their own...

Less plastic, no middle man. Buying water is never economical.

he emanates negativity ...?

you can be passionate without being negative

jidoka

No matter what is wrong with me this ain’t NOP approved https://www.oregonsonly.com/medusas-magic/

The problem with this type approach is that at some point you have to shut down the enzymatic reaction and bottle it...otherwise bottles tend to blow up. That means heat, cold, acid...or in this case cano3 (why the mkp is in there baffles me). And that turns this into just another NPK fertilizer vs a true organic. It is then heavily chelated with humic/fulvic

You can do the same by making a nutrient tea. Instead of shutting down the microbes leave them alive and feed them as soon as you see yeast. A true biotic fert you made your own self for pennies on the dollar

And it is organic for real

Latest posts

Latest posts