What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nectar for the gods soil and nutes.

Looking thru the organic soil forums. Not very much info regarding nftg. I will say, I have used all types of systems.organic, no till, vegan based, salt based,ect.. I recently switched from dtw Coco , to nectar . I was sick of feeding so much, and watering everyday.plus want to see difference in my clone only varieties and how well they perform. Starting with taking new cuts and dipping into aloe vera and using. 100%natural inputs from the very start. Right off the rip this is what I experience. With nectar4 soil, as soon as roots hit, they looked very healthy .I observed stunning colors and wider braching as well as larger growth tips .in conjunction with nftg, I started using microbe life hydro products.rootdip was used on plugs and cups,and when transplanted I switched to nourish I for a couple waterings then switched to photo + as a folair as well as 1ce a week in the rootzone. .( A little side note , when transplanted plugs into cups or 1 gal pots, I use a mix of nectar4/ promix hp.50/50. And always use plain water for the first watering.) When established veg plants are about a ft to 2 ft, I tp into 2gal str8 nectar4. At this time you can up the liquid bonemeal to at min.15ml per gallon and start folair feeding with bloom kahos. You don't wanna use the BK unless you have at least 15ml per gallon of liquid bonemeal built up in the soil .they Ballance each other and you can burn the plants if you spray before you build it up. Another interesting method with this nutreint line is the bone meal flush. So, every so often after feeding for a while,like 6 or so waterings, the recipe calls for a "flush" but it's kind of different than your normal flush. It involves just plain water and only the liquid bonemeal pH to 6.2. this will also unlock plants that have too many ppms .and make them lush and praying the next day. What this does, is litterally push the rest of the ppms that are in the rootzone ,into the plant and makes them available. Pretty nice feature. I also do this before transplanting to the final container. Another product used in conjunction with nftg, is slf100. It's an enzyme that also makes nutrients available and cleansroots so their bright healthy white. Once a week in with feed for that product as well. And mammoth p for microbes. I know it seems like alot but the growth of the plants is proof and I haven't observed an organic regimine that compares to this in the growth department as well as the final product. Last I do a compost tea weekly that involves Earth worm castings, microbes, molasses . I cant say enough good about these organic inputs as well as soil.i hope you give it a try... Sorry for caps and paragraphs...I've been yelled at before. Peace Icmag fam!!!!

~star~crash~

reads like you have that line figured out to a TEE ...you do good work with nutrition :)...it sounds like complicated nutrient line though? i just switched over to roots organic one part formulas...peace

Thanks~star~crash~ , it's actually pretty easy to get going, and the plants respond to it so well. I like roots 707 soil for outdoor.i use it every year for the last 5 or so seasons.

~star~crash~

a tad bit of research reveals there are several steps involved when U feed under their regime & U have to be extremely precise ...i'm thinking this line would be more suitable for smaller grows because of the increased amount of time needed to use the products properly & exactly as directed ...unless you can mix up large batches at a time and keep the solution in a constant state of agitation so there is no separation ...they stress that U need to keep the mix's constantly in motion or they will separate

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
A bag of the Nectar soil #4 is $24 which is hard to justify for me when I can get Vermifire for $17. I've heard great things about their nutrients. Shake a lot and keep the pH in the correct range and you're all set. I've used Roots Organics Buddha Grow/Bloom/Trinity and they're great.

-Funk

nuggluvv

The Nectar soil is expensive, but that is really the nature of small batch soil production and freight. If you are in the OR area you can probably find a decent price, but otherwise it is a little expensive. Super high quality inputs though and works great with the line. And definitely better than Vermifire; plus who wants to buy soil from Scott's Fertilizer?

Nectar is not "organic" as mentioned to to a rock phosphate, etc., but it is all naturally derived and from clean sources. Pre-digested organic goodness for our ladies. The most interesting part is the calcium base and the Bloom Khaos. This nutrient uses calcium in many different forms to get all of the necessary nutrients to the plant, unlike most lines that are using many different forms of nitrogen generally. This allows you to feed the plants without loading them with salt. Plus they have a much more diverse menu for the plants, not just force feeding them water and salt. And once the plants are full of calcium, add Bloom Khaos and watch the weight come on to the flowers.

I have no vested interest in the line, but I do believe it to be one of the best nutrient lines out there, and I have used quite a few in my 18 years of growing. It is a happy medium between the yields of hydro / soilless with the flavor and quality of true organic / living soil. And let's not forget that the owners of this company are true advocates of the plant we love and not in it (necessarily) to get rich. They are good people. This makes a difference in my opinion. Happy gardening.

nuggluvv

You'll find that this nutrient has a kind of cult following. Scott and crew have fostered this by really listening to their customers. They even let the customers name the products and draw the images for the labels. Real grass roots kinda deal. There are a few groups around you can join to get good info on how to get the most from the line (for instance Bloom Khaos can make a big difference but only if your plant has not been saturated with enough calcium).

I don't believe this is the latest edition but there is even an unofficial grower's guide written by customers. This link should get you close:

https://trello.com/c/2BQNvHSz/148-nftg-growers-bible-v40finalpdf

Good luck!

jidoka

Lol...show me that NOP or OMRI certificate. I admit, I could give one fuck about organic...but implying you is when you ain’t does irritate me. At least be fucking honest

jidoka

And if you really want me to rant look at the cost of the inputs and tell me you ain’t gettin bent over and raw dogged. Get you a tea brewer