What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sam the Skunkman - T.Haze x Skunk #1

G

This was a great plant to grow and is even better to smoke. I had so much to say about this stuff but now that I have smoked half a 3 paper joint I just can't seem to put it into words.....and I have been smoking this every morning for a month, it still gets me wrecked! Love this shit, thanks so much Sam.
This plant was the only female I grew as I gave most of the freebies away, but I couldn't resist germinating something from the man himself, anyway I got three out of five and one of those was female. It was treated rough all its life and just grown outdoors in a short season (6 months) in relatively unprepared ground with nothing more than a bit of chook shit. It survived over half a meter of rain in a month while it was in full flower and didn't mould...I mean wtf not even one mouldy leaf! Needless to say that alone was enough to make me pleased with this plant. While it was growing it had the most complex sharp green mango aroma, I would go down occasionally and check to see if indeed this aroma was persistent over time and it definately was.
I ended up chopping her down when many trichomes were cloudy......this is only from memory though but I don't remember seeing many amber, if any at all. From one mistreated malnourished plant I got 6 mason jars of beautiful fruity bud, but at this stage the smell was still very sharp on the nose and produces a somewhat tingly sensation in the mouth when smoked. As I sit here and smoke this joint now though, after a one month cure (I know not long enough yet)..........or look at how little of it I have actually smoked, I am now appreciating how even at only a this short cure the taste and smell have already been transformed into a much creamier more velvety smoke, still retaining a full flavor, taste and smell.
The high is complex but uplifting, it is all in the head and I do not fell in the least bit lazy or encumbered. My spirit is light, and I am in love with the moment. It is clear and comfortable in small doses, and even my non toker girlfriend can handle a small amount and really enjoy herself and appreciates the nice stone. But have too much (as I was reminded when I smoked 2, 3 paper joints in a row) and it can get very speedy and vibratory, but still not much paranoia, in fact none....the only thing I was thinking about was, did I have too much coffee, how come I am so hyper haha.......then it dawned on me....doh
Anyway I hope you all get a chance to grow this wondrous plant and enjoy it as much as I have, everyone should have freebies by now so I urge you, grow them fuckers out. I didn't keep a cut of this plant but I will be looking for her again soon, I need her in my life....my no ceiling, low tolerance heady queen.

Last edited:

Kinderfeld

Sounds delicious my man! I would grow mine if I grew outdoors no way my 400 watts can handle these beasts. I know the high kicks as though.

scaramanga

Sounds like some really good shit! Thanks for the report Flava, excellently done.

What's your latitude, and what was the finish time? Just so that we can have idea if its at all feasible in our locales.

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
flava said:
28d south and it wasn't too late......april to may.

Ooohh...just scraped into Queensland, ay? That or South Oz/West Oz.

Don't answer. :rasta:

G

That is some real man's herb, no doubt.Looks wonderfull. A patient grower need only apply ,eh?Chaco. :joint: :joint: :joint:

G

Hey Saibai, Hey Chaco, thanks. :wave:

I always see people bitching about getting these and I keep thinking what is wrong with them, these definately are beautiful unadulterated genetics, and I didn't find them hard to grow at all. Just to show how much I like em i'll pop another 30 or so and update as I get the time (rarely as they will be growing the whole year haha). Hopefully I can get some huge tree's but from what I have seen that shouldn't be a problem. :headbange

Last edited:

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the report. I have one that has been flowering for 75 days, she may be done after my next crop.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Kinderfeld said:
Sounds delicious my man! I would grow mine if I grew outdoors no way my 400 watts can handle these beasts. I know the high kicks as though.

I did it with a 250 CMH and kept it under 22 inches.

Maybe it's a pheno thing but, I got none of the speediness that Flava talks of and I was hoping for. I found it a very relaxing high. "Too" much will warp time but leave you functional.

G

Damn freezerboy!You're livin' up to that name, thats freaky and damn creative!!Chaco. :joint: :joint:

G

Nw seedlings sprouted.

Nw seedlings sprouted.

The new t.haze x skunk a few days old, still more to come up 25 for 30 so far. :rasta:

A couple have started horizontal like this for the first 2 days and then straightened up dead straight. They also like moving around to get the best light.

Last edited:

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
flava: Sweet, but that's some badass stretch they got there!!!!

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Thank you for the report Flava!!!

Cultivators Choice has some great strains, I am longtime companion with SamS OriginalHaze x SK#1, really one of the most special hazehybrids I have grown, or smoked :2cents:

Vivá Lá Cultivátor´s Choice :headbange:

G

Hi Herbalistic :wave: thanks for dropping by and thanks for the pics and all the info you have dropped on this site already, hopefully I will be starting some O haze x skunk too in the near future!!

flava: Sweet, but that's some badass stretch they got there!!!!

Hi Saibai, they are a bit more stretchy than usual anyway but these didn't have sufficient light in the first 2 days as it was raining here and my veg/clone areas are full of mothers and seedlings for the indoor runs. 1 24w compaact fluro is all they have available till tomorrow.....then sunshine, beautiful sunshine.

Edit - They still have very sturdy structure and aren't at risk of bending or falling over at all.

Last edited:
Hi guys, excuse me for resuming a so old 3d.. I'm in south Italy..and I'm planning for nex spring/summer to try out some thaixhaze and skunkxhaze by SamS.. I was just wondering how do you contain these plants that seems to get some very important height ..

do you flowering directly from seed under a MH lamp..?.. or do you take ot a clone and than use it with topping and scrog.. ?.. or what else ?

:tiphat:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Go over to ACE micro sativa grows in the ACE section. Waldgeist has a zigzag bending thing I will try next run.

I have been tying down my 3x stretch plants along with lots of supercropping. If you bend them make sure they were watered a few hours before, will help not break the stems. And go slow and pinch the stem till it kind of collapses in your hand.

wordsux

haha holy crap these were the first plants I ever grew!

they took forever to flower but had a great heady sativa high and a beautiful lemon fragrance.

as stated these things get TALL!

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Sam's Thai Haze x Skunk, micro grow under 110W PL L.

picture.php

Cured buds smoke like being in a nice antique shop. Wonderful
aroma, and makes you feel warm and thoughtful.

I flower her often, a very special plant.