What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400 watt Cermaic Metal Halide Cabinet, Ebb& Flow System Growing DJ Short Grape Krush

Murphy

I just passed the point of what my carbon scrubber/fan combo can handle. There is an odor for the first hour that the lights are on. I picked out another suspected male today so I'm up to 4 now, I'm letting them go for a few more days to make sure but I'll be glad to dump a few plants to open up some room and air flow in the cab. All 4 suspected males are in the larger containers. There are 3 other plants that veged about a week longer, I'm keeping an eye on them.

Murphy

Here are some better pics of the Grape Krush.

Here is the taller one

and the shorter one

....and the best I could do to get the yellow "flowers" on the tops of the buds, these are only on the shorter plant so far. Any info?......I wasn't expecting to see this.

Got damn those leaves on the grape kush are a trip. I have grown a lot of weed but never have I grown any kush. Very weird looking leaves that makes me want to grow some out. I mean it almost doesn't even look like pot. And can't tell what those little flowers are based on pic. There not naners are they?
And on your penis party, don't feel bad. My first grow I put 20 seeds in and 16 popped. Of those 16 seeds, 13 were male. How's that for sucking? But what was cool is that it was the most I have ever gotten out each plant. Since I grew them out under a 1000 watt bulb, each plant grown LST, vegged for 2 months yielded around 8 oz's each dried. So with the bad comes the good.
Peace

Last edited:
D

Don Cotyle

Male flowers will look just a tiny bananna peeking out of a female flower, due to stress. Sometimes new bud growth will be a little on the pale side. If they look like nanners pull them out as soon as you see them. If you get lucky you'll have a good harvest without seeds, more likeely you'll get a few seeds and a nice harvest!

Plants are lookig good!!!let em go to harvest but pick those nanners off!!!

D

Don Cotyle

Heres a pic of what you don't want a nanner in action, if this is what you got get your tweezers out :badday: If not GOOD :jump:

Murphy

Don Cotyle said:
Male flowers will look just a tiny bananna peeking out of a female flower, due to stress. Sometimes new bud growth will be a little on the pale side. If they look like nanners pull them out as soon as you see them. If you get lucky you'll have a good harvest without seeds, more likeely you'll get a few seeds and a nice harvest!

Plants are lookig good!!!let em go to harvest but pick those nanners off!!!

:laughing: It will be a MIRICLE if they come out of this without seeds....... You must have forgotten one of the first pics on this thread.

Both of the females left are from the smaller plants, a few week younger.

Murphy said:
that looks like a nanner to me! couple of them. nothing to worry about if you pull that out from the base(don't wanna rip it open).

on second thought.... did you wipe down your cab like a speed addict? you had the most mature male plants i have ever seen in there. had to be a ton of pollen everywhere! but it would be nice to have some GK beans in the end. if not you will probably have seed in the next 2 harvests lol that would suck.

they look real nice though. i'd love to have a no stretch strain in the garden. :headbange

Murphy

I talked to a few people about the yellow "flowers", thanks for everyone's help! I talked to a couple Grape Krush growers, all saying the same thing. It's common in the strain for the larger yeilding plants shorter plants. If you look back at some of the bud tops, you'll see they sit kind of level with the top leaves, since the yellow "flowers" showed up, things have changed, they swelled up and started stacking up. They are just getting bigger, no hermis.

One person told me they see it with Grape Krush and OTM, everybody said it's a GOOD thing to see them.

.....Can anyone tell me the correct name for them? and the "hairs"....I'm feeling to much like a novice using incorrect terms.

Murphy

I started to flush them with distilled water on Thursday. I've read a number of GK growers saying the plants require extra time to flush. I don't know how but, right before I drained the rez, I was over 2000 ppms again. I haven't added any neuts since I had dropped it to 1650 ppms and it stayed stable for a week. Is it possible for plants to just take in water and not the neuts? I didn't think so but, it's the only way I can explain the rise in PPM's. I'm at about 6 weeks, and I plan on flushing them for 2-3 weeks.

New pics coming soon.

D

Don Cotyle

Murphy said:
:laughing: It will be a MIRICLE if they come out of this without seeds....... You must have forgotten one of the first pics on this thread.

Both of the females left are from the smaller plants, a few week younger.

:bashhead: My bad! yea ya might get a few!

Looking good Murphy! The hairs are pistles, the green nub the hairs grow out of are calaxs, don't know what to call to yellow flowers, never grew out a strain with em.

2-3 weeks sounds like a long flush to me. I'd just add back water the last 2 weeks and then do a flush the last week. All your trying to do with the flush is to try to remove as much of the starchs as possible. I'd even go dark the last 3-4 days!!!

WEEdogies! I got a new toy, she's a heavy hitter and closes up into a 4.5"x4.5"x8" aluminum box with a handle on top and lock!

Murphy

Updated pics.

Remember that cola that had light burn....

and another one on that plant

Safari Mix

T*SkunkXHaze, just LST'ed last night

and a shot of them all tucked in

Murphy

Here are some with the plants outside of the cab.

Here are the 3 Mandala Safari Mix on the left of the cab. Any guesses on which one is what strain?

and the Grape Krush

Murphy

Don Cotyle said:
:
2-3 weeks sounds like a long flush to me. I'd just add back water the last 2 weeks and then do a flush the last week. All your trying to do with the flush is to try to remove as much of the starchs as possible. I'd even go dark the last 3-4 days!!!

WEEdogies! I got a new toy, she's a heavy hitter and closes up into a 4.5"x4.5"x8" aluminum box with a handle on top and lock!

Yeah, being a novice, I don't like going "out of the ordinary" but, I've been told that the extended flush is something specific for some of DJ's strains and these are one of them. ***** has a few GK growers and threads specific to them. I've read and talked to a number of Grape Krush growers and they all said the same thing, they need to extend flushing time. A few of them have been running a 2 week flush and the leaves still don't change color. mxpx just harvested GK and he gave them a 2 week flush and said he's going for 3 weeks next time around. I'll keep posting pics so we'll see how it goes.

and yes! I jealous, I'd love to try one of those before buying one. How do you like it?

Last edited:
D

Don Cotyle

It gives you one hell of a hit, I love it!!! The "bowl" end of the whip is about the size of 3 cigarette filters and half again as deep. I push a bud in 1/2" past the end(if you leave it fluse it almost burns). Let her go thru the initial 3 minute warm up, plug in and I get 3-4 killer hits. What's left is almost tobbaco colored and dry. I picked it up on E-bay for alot less than his site. These are new he sells em on is site for $220, but has been auctioning them to get the work out. I got mine for less than half that price!

Keep an eye on them burnes sections of the buds, they may get affected by or induce dry-powder mold. If they start to get fuzzy cut the burned area out of the bud!

AHHHHH now I see them "yellow flowers" you were talking about definatly not nannars but new bud growth!!! glad it's the latter!!!

Murphy

I had an extra minute so I snapped off these 2 pics, the bud on the left is the one that had been burnt from the light. To me, a novice, It 's coming out better then the one that didn't get burnt.....

Here's the pic of the light burn when I posted it on 3/29 (the plant was turned at the time of this pic so you only see the burnt top)

and here is where it is today. it's the taller bud on the left.

Just to compare here is a pic of that bud that you see on the right as of 3/29

Some of you experienced guys may have known it was going to come out this good but I thought it was going to end up popcorning because of the damage. I had pinched off the burt part before the pics were taken, I don't have any photos of the burn before I removed it. You can still see those "yellow flowers" I was asking about......I still don't know what they are called, can anyone help me out?

Today marks the end of the first week of the flush. No leaves have changed color and growth hasn't slowed down at all from what I can tell.

clowntown

Veteran
Sorry about the high number of males. Sometimes it just happens.

Anyways, with the females you do have it seems you have a nice little garden going on. :yes:

Murphy

Thanks for the compliment clowntown. It's good to get a compliment from you guys that have been around a while, it let's me know I'm on the right track. A ton of people look at the thread, few respond.

The high number of males is still going up. I just chopped another one from the Safari Mix that was added a week later then the first group. :badday: I just can't catch a break......

On the other hand, :joint: I took a few clips of the Grape Krush and oven dried it as per The Don's oven instructions, 2 bong hits later......AND I'M HIGH AS SHIT!!! No real taste to describe but it was MUCH smoother than I was expecting. NICE high. Im letting the rest go for 2 more weeks unless anything unforseen comes up.

Thanks for that help Don, you're the man! :headbange

The real surprise of the evening was NO SEEDS but, I only clipped from one plant. I'm a novice and I don't know much about growing but, my gut has been telling me all along that the Liquid Light saved my ass. I've PM'ed a few breeders asking them what their thoughts were when I started the thread. How they thought Liquid Light may effect pollen or if it may leave a residue on the leaves that blocks it. In that case, they can call it Liquid Condom. No one can tell me anything, none of them use it or really know much about it. I know people get to a point of "what works best for them" and they stick to it. I'm a bit more open minded or maybe nieve but, I know business and how larger business work. That company didn't dish out millions on that crap and shipped it all over the world for it to be proven to be "snake oil". Companies don't run reputation risks like that. I'm a novice grower, but I'm not a novice in business. The crap does something, maybe it does something they didn't test for....... there's still another plant in there, if I there are no seeds, someone's going to have to really convince me it was something other then the Liquid Light on why.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts