What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CFL Club!

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
For those of us that can only or chose to use CFLs. Theres no min or max of Watts. So share your experinces an show your setups and what you yeild. ill go first i run a grow box with 550w of CFLs, i use 5000k for veg an 2700k for flowering. i harvest 6-8 oz every 4 months, i veg for two an flower for another two. i will either lst or sog, perfer lst easier to manage a couple of mosnters then 20 small ones. pics are welcome but i dont have a digital camera.

cfl...KING

Veteran
oh an dont forget, if you have any suggestions on were to get the cheapest CFLs or light fixtures. the cheapest place i have found in my 4 years of growing is 1000bulbs.com, an for fixtures is deffinatly walmart.

Z0Z0Z0

on THIS website, there are some cheap high wattage VEG CFL's, for pretty cheap.

My cab is only 71 watts, because I can't find anywhere to get Warm White CFL's. :no:

I'll be putting the link to my thread in my sig.

EDIT: RESPONSE TO YOUR REPLIES BELOW

I can't buy anything online =/ I don't have a credit card, and even if I could buy things online my parents would freak out if I got a package and they didn't know what it was. They would think I bought a bong, or something like that. I would have replied, but it's telling me that I can't post more that 10 replies. :mad:

I've never seen CFL's that big, how many lumens ? Is 300 watts the equivalent, or the actual wattage ?

Last edited:
I dont use only CFL's in Veg,but i thought i would show these new big ass 300 wtt CFL's.They work great for Veg with a HPS combo.These are the biggest ive found,not sure if there are bigger.Got these @ Lowes for $16 :rasta:
:joint:

cfl...KING

Veteran
hey PP do those monsters use 300w? an wat spectrum are they, how many lumens? can u give some dimensions LxW in inches. thanks i never knew they made 300w CFLs.

Poodo

They use 65 watts with 3900 lumens. maynerd's also has 65 watt bulbs that are 200 watt equivalilent they say they put out 4200 lumens 6500k made by slyvania.

stikik22

cool thread man, i chose to use cfls....i like tha fact i can get them in close, currently using 7 100 wat cfls from home depot...anyone know the actual wattage of these??

cfl...KING

Veteran
23w or 27w, depends on brand, also the 23w make 1600 lumens an 27w make 1700 lumens

dtoker

man u just cant get the range of bulbs in the uk that u guys can in the us! The most ive found here is 240v 23watt warm and 30watt cool. I wish there was somewhere to get 60 watters here :(

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i used (4) 32 watt cool white cfls for my first grow with bag seed, veg'd for about 1-2 weeks and yeilded 14 grams (1\2 ounce) off one plant, she got fed every other day 30-10-10 for veg and 15-30-15 for bloom (both miracle grow nutes).

stikik22

looking good smoke a lot, how did taste???? i have afghani in bloom right now......amazing trichs, but the bud is not dense yet.

yeknomssa

I suppose i should scoot in here heh. good idea cflKING.

I use CFLs cause i have a really small rubber maid box and they're easy to cool. i cool the entire box with 1 92mm pc fan. there's a link to my little grow diary in my sig, box pics there too.

also CFLs are so easy to use. and available like EVERYWHERE lol

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
stikik22 said:
looking good smoke a lot, how did taste???? i have afghani in bloom right now......amazing trichs, but the bud is not dense yet.

despite what people say about miracle grow makeing your bud taste harsh and like chemicals thats untrue. it smoked smooth and tasted very fruity. :headbange

stikik22

cool im looking to get some more seeds from the boutiqe,,,,any suggestions??? im the us so let me know if it a no no.

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
stikik22 said:
cool im looking to get some more seeds from the boutiqe,,,,any suggestions??? im the us so let me know if it a no no.

boutique? do you mean seedboutique.com? i recently orderd seeds from them nirvana white widow and mandala hashberry and got them in a little less then a week, i'll let ya know how those turn out. :joint:

G

It seems many people (myself included) use computer fans to cool their cabs. I was able to obtain fans and computer cabs from my local Salvation Army (United States). Many people (college students I assume) donate used/broken computer towers and the manager would keep them in storage.
The manager sold me two completely full towers for $10.
I hope this helps someone.

cfl...KING

Veteran
KING's Guide To CFL's

veg-5000k-6500k full spectrum (6,000-8,000 lumens per sq ft)
flower-2700k-3000k warm white (8,000-10,000 lumens per sq ft)
Remember with CFLs wattage doesnt matter LUMENs are key. To find the sq ft of your grow op measure the lenght an width of your grow space an multiply them(make sure u measure your space in feet). More is BETTER!!!