What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing Legal Hemp "for Fun?"

JMASTER

So they have not released the regs for growing so cant legally grow for business or sell.

Is it illegal to just grow for, well, for the sake of growing?

If i had some land in my backyard, or 1/4 acre out back, or an acre, and planted 1, 5, 30, 70 seeds to experiment and see some stuff happen, what CAN happen?

buzzmobile

Veteran
If i had some land in my backyard, or 1/4 acre out back, or an acre, and planted 1, 5, 30, 70 seeds to experiment and see some stuff happen, what CAN happen?

You may have a visit from Officer Friendly.
attachment.php

Don't let your enthusiasm get ahead of the legislation.

Attachments

• officer friendly.jpg
    officer friendly.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 76

JMASTER

LMAO, great pic...

So again all the places that are doing it, the cops are what, just ignoring them? There are tons of places here that are selling in "CBD" labeled stores, in healthy shops, gyms, etc....

I dont understand how the law works then, are they not getting any visit from officer friendly?

'Boogieman'

The places growing hemp went through the legal loopholes. People still get arrested for picking wild hemp in the midwest. Your average cop will think your growing weed most likely.

JMASTER

The places growing hemp went through the legal loopholes. People still get arrested for picking wild hemp in the midwest. Your average cop will think your growing weed most likely.

I know for example Green roads got an exemption as the largest CBD company here working with UF as well... which is fine and they have already started growing last month.

Just curious as to all the retail stores... all the same laws are supposed to apply to them but we got people off the street basically reselling CBD products via private label in malls and whatever... I dont get it. Seems like no one is really taking the law seriously, and the law isnt dong anything about it.

JMASTER

Legal in this era means regulations and policies ...

Yep I agree... And since the regulations have not come out yet, how can any seller be "legal?" The FDACS told me there is no way they have approved and permitted these businesses... but I guess that really means nothing then.